• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
@Macho Are you suggesting we quit being a possession based team and put men behind the ball playing on the counter simply to adapt to what in your opinion is better suited to Pepe’s game?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

@Macho Are you suggesting we quit being a possession based team and put men behind the ball playing on the counter simply to adapt to what in your opinion is better suited to Pepe’s game?
No, saying we signed the wrong player essentially and we should move him on in the summer for whatever we can get.

Pepe doesn’t play, why build around him? No one in this team is worth building around as it stands.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Given our lack of technically gifted midfielders, I think in general it could be best if we forgot about being a possession based positional play side that we've seen in the last few months. In our FA Cup run we were so good at hitting soaking up pressure vs Chelsea and City, plugging the holes and then breaking on them using the best assets of Auba and Pepe. Neither of these players are gonna really contribute in a possession based side from the wings so if we're gonna play both on the wing it'd probably be best for them if we played on the counter or maybe a high pressing, try to win the ball as high as possible similar to how Southampton play.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I thought you were defending him. Nice flip flop.
What’s there to defend? He’s not the reason your manager is struggling and our season is the way it is :lol:

We don’t even have a style of play outside of Tierney crosses, so blame Pepe if it makes you feel better.

I actually offered a solution, I like Pepe but better players have not worked out in the league it happens.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

People can change their minds..you do understand that?
I haven’t even changed my mind but I’m like one guy against an army of people who thinks he’s crap :lol: there’s only so much I can say.

Pepe hasn’t worked out because he does have holes in his game.

It’s not entirely his fault though, despite what the forum firmly believes.

OSBK

Established Member
Pepe's issue is quite simple really. We need him in the final 3rd 1vs1 with the fullback and with options. We dont setup or play to get him in those positions enough, the times when he can get in that position is late in a game hence why he is a late sub.

Pepe running deep from our half with the ball is playing russian roulette.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I think Arsenal failed Pepe tbh, 18 goals and assists in his first season with top performances in a semi and final with the trophy to show for it is absolutely something that should of been built on but instead Mikel got an over the hill Willian and refused to drop him for Pepe.

Pepe will frustrate because that's the player he is, but he'll always chip in with goals and assists and did so when he got a consistent run of games. Another player killed under the influence of Mikel.

Pop Tart

Established Member
I haven’t even changed my mind but I’m like one guy against an army of people who thinks he’s crap :lol: there’s only so much I can say.

Certain leagues are not for certain players sometimes. But sometimes you have to say a when a **** player is a **** player. That's my 2 cents. I just want him gone , so he can kick start his career again and not cause us misery.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Certain leagues are not for certain players sometimes. But sometimes you have to say a when a **** player is a **** player. That's my 2 cents. I just want him gone , so he can kick start his career again and not cause us misery.
Pepe is gone this summer, but it will just be somebody else. This guy has had 4 starts in the league and look at his thread.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Pepe is gone this summer, but it will just be somebody else. This guy has had 4 starts in the league and look at his thread.
How many starts smith rowe has? He has done well not so much last game but this 4 starts nonsense. Pepe has had more then enough starts and first team football to grab a spot but has not done it same as willicok. How many chances does a player need?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

How many starts smith rowe has? He has done well not so much last game but this 4 starts nonsense. Pepe has had more then enough starts and first team football to grab a spot but has not done it same as willicok. How many chances does a player need?
ESR will probably fall off though I wouldn’t get excited. Pass and move only gets you so far.

You can’t escape lack of minutes.

Pop Tart

Established Member
ESR will probably fall off though I wouldn’t get excited. Pass and move only gets you so far.

You can’t escape lack of minutes.
Well of course he could fall off, he is only young. Find a quote where I said he will be consistent and our saviour.

Smith rowe has to improve but he has more about him then pepe. Discredit rowe ability all you want .

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Well of course he could fall off, he is only young. Find a quote where I said he will be consistent and our saviour.

Smith rowe has to improve but he has more about him then pepe. Discredit rowe ability all you want .
Didn’t discredit him, he’s a 20 year old who hasn’t played much there’s only so much he’s gonna do.

You’re the one desperate to call Pepe sh*t and I’m not sure why I have to agree with you.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Didn’t discredit him, he’s a 20 year old who hasn’t played much. You’re the one desperate to call Pepe sh*t and I’m not sure why I have to agree with you.
Agree with me ? I never seeked you to agree with me, it is a forum mate . Where you debate things. Pepe is **** for me but that's my opinion just like your opinion is what you feel. I do not log on here for someone to massage my ego. Especially not you.

Moah

You brought ESR in the discussion but now he's being discredited? All he said is the players working now will also fall off. That's a solid argument. You are the one throwing insults here and there don't try to take some moral high ground from this.

Pop Tart

Established Member
You brought ESR in the discussion but now he's being discredited? All he said is the players working now will also fall off. That's a solid argument. You are the one throwing insults here and there don't try to take some moral high ground from this.
What insults I throw around? I agreed with him that esr will fall off. So...

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Swiss Cheese has holes in it, Pepe is like a Polo mint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom