• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moah

What insults I throw around? I agreed with him that esr will fall off. So...
The answer is this: Is he not working out for us? Yes.
Should he leave the club? Absolutely.
Is he the reason for our misery? No.
Will our attack ever properly function under Arteta? Time will tell but I think no.
Is he a bad player? No.

The answers here are just what I think but time will tell. I see no argument here.

Pop Tart

Established Member
The answer is this: Is he not working out for us? Yes.
Should he leave the club? Absolutely.
Is he the reason for our misery? No.
Will our attack ever properly function under Arteta? Time will tell but I think no.
Is he a bad player? No.

The answers here are just what I think but time will tell. I see no argument here.
What are you on? I was not having a debate with you.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Old @Macho is made of rubber and has straps... He has a list of arguments to the contrary for every player. The only poster who rates all the players and also thinks every player should be 'moved on in the summer'. It's all very confusing :lol:
The squad is ok in my honest opinion, I just don’t think your manager is up to it - he’s the one talking about squad rebuilds not me. I’ve never flip flopped on Pepe but he’s not getting games, what’s he to do.

I’d rather we get someone in who wants to work with the players but I’ve conceded that’s not happening. Shouldn’t you be celebrating in the Özil thread? Mission complete right?

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
The squad is ok in my honest opinion, I just don’t think your manager is up to it - he’s the one talking about squad rebuilds not me. I’ve never flip flopped on Pepe but he’s not getting games, what’s he to do.

I’d rather we get someone in who wants to work with the players but I’ve conceded that’s not happening. Shouldn’t you be celebrating in the Özil thread? Mission complete right?
Özil thread is lock aint it? He's another one you can't stand but think he's been harshly treated or something... :lol: That fence baby :love:

Arteta is not out the woods and the Jury is still out on him. He doesn't look like a guy who can get these playing the stuff they should be. He's not a good fit for this squad and you couldn't trust him with the responsibility of completely restructuring the squad and spending a lot of money. For me, top 6 and clear improvement and consistency or bye bye. He's your manager too while he's here!

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Özil thread is lock aint it? He's another one you can't stand but think he's been harshly treated or something... :lol: That fence baby :love:

Arteta is not out the woods and the Jury is still out on him. He doesn't look like a guy who can get these playing the stuff they should be. He's not a good fit for this squad and you couldn't trust him with the responsibility of completely restructuring the squad and spending a lot of money. For me, top 6 and clear improvement and consistency or bye bye. He's your manager too while he's here!

Top posting from you yet again.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Now who’s on the fence..

In any case I’ve been fierce in my defence of Laca, Pepe and Auba - I think they should be our main strike force but for whatever reason it hasn’t worked. I see 2 out of the 3 going and that’s not my call, no fence here.

Plus, he’s not my manager, never will be.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Now who’s on the fence..

In any case I’ve been fierce in my defence of Laca, Pepe and Auba - I think they should be our main strike force but for whatever reason it hasn’t worked. I see 2 out of the 3 going and that’s not my call, no fence here.

Nobody is leaving, Auba has got a deal that won’t be matched elsewhere, no club is paying to take Pepe, both are missing a chunk of next season to play in the African Nations too. Laca will see out his deal too.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Now who’s on the fence..

That
Now who’s on the fence..

That's not the 'fence'--I'm making clear what I think now but what will suffice and earn him another crack next season. Like with Wenger, I wanted him gone but said if he wan the FA cup he'd earn himself another go. I still never learned because I still said he deserved another go after the second one! There's always a chance of redemption.

The Auba critique is beyond sickening tbh. I cant even read the thread. The last straw was someone saying 'his legs have gone' ffs. Comes a time when you have to close the door though. Im done with Pepe because I don't see him being reliable and consistent.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nobody is leaving, Auba has got a deal that won’t be matched elsewhere, no club is paying to take Pepe, both are missing a chunk of next season to play in the African Nations too. Laca will see out his deal too.
I can’t see Laca walking on a free, plus there’s reports of him falling out with Mikel (yet another Frenchie).

Pepe situation is becoming hard to watch and Arteta shows no signs of even trying with him.
His wages aren’t that high and he’s only 25, would be kind of silly of him to sit around here. This is more me hoping he goes elsewhere to prove himself, you’re probably right. I hope he moves on though.

Auba is the only one I see staying out of the three.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pepe's signing has been a disaster. But it's not been his fault. Who made the decision to buy a player we had no idea how to deploy? (Well, he's been sacked anyway).

Pepe is a quality player that us being used wrongly. I watched some of Lille's games. Pepe was not the all-action creative/goalscoring winger you thought you saw on youtube. He was more or less the guy on the end of chances. He was basically like a striker.

Look at our senior front three (Laca, Auba and Pepe) they were not bought with the thought on how we were going to use them. Rather the club bought them and figured "Let's stick 'em in starting XI and they'll work their magic"
It was a scattergun approach at best.

I've always defended Pepe, but I've come to the understanding that he's not going to work out. Every manager incorrectly makes the assumption that he's a sterling, mane or Salah. He isn't. What he has is average technique and great finishing. He's more or less like a slightly technically superior Auba.

My opinion is that I think he'll thrive as a CF. Giving him the ball and asking him to create from the wing is not his game. He's not good enough to do that.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

The Auba critique is beyond sickening tbh. I cant even read the thread. The last straw was someone saying 'his legs have gone' ffs. Comes a time when you have to close the door though. Im done with Pepe because I don't see him being reliable and consistent.
Well your fence accusations is just trolling I saw from a mile away.

Me saying Tierney is 2nd best left back in the league or Xhaka not being as awful as people think are not scathing controversial hot takes. Just opinions I’ve backed with data where possible.

The Auba thing is a shame, but people are entitled to their opinion. I’ve been backing Auba/Laca/Pepe to the hilt, but if it’s not happening it’s not happening.

Imagine how optimistic I was this summer seeing those guys spearhead a FA cup win and fast forward to the state of them now - I’m very unhappy with Arteta tbh. No fence there.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Well your fence accusations is just trolling I saw from a mile away.

Me saying Tierney is 2nd best left back in the league or Xhaka not being as awful as people think are not scathing controversial hot takes. Just opinions I’ve backed with data where possible.

The Auba thing is a shame, but people are entitled to their opinion. I’ve been backing Auba/Laca/Pepe to the hilt, but if it’s not happening it’s not happening.

Imagine how optimistic I was this summer seeing those guys spearhead a FA cup win and fast forward to the state of them now - I’m very unhappy with Arteta tbh. No fence there.
Tbh, I think you just get bored sometimes and fancy arguing from a different angle. That's how it seems to me anyway. Like saying Özil received 'hate' and receive vitriolic opinions on here and then forgetting you used to do the same, even if it's not actually hate and just an opinion, but seen as 'hate' by weirdos. Your stance on many players are quite convoluted.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Tbh, I think you just get bored sometimes and fancy arguing from a different angle. That's how it seems to me anyway. Like saying Özil received 'hate' and receive vitriolic opinios on here and then forgetting you used to do the same. Your stance on many players are quite convoluted.
Nah, I have my favourites and I ride for them like everyone else on this forum. Outside of my core favourites, I try my best to understand why players get picked or don’t get picked.

In truth the only players I truly don’t think should be at the club are Runarsson and Mustafi. The rest (whether I like them or not) if you ask me are they good enough to get top 6? I’d argue yes.

Özil’s situation was complicated and my stance on him admittedly did soften the more info I received. When I’ve gotten things wrong I’ve been very open about it. Like Wenger.

Last edited:

Sweet'n'Soulful

Nah, I have my favourites and I ride for them like everyone else on this forum. Outside of my core favourites, I try my best to understand why players get picked or don’t get picked.

In truth the only players I truly don’t think should be at the club are Runarsson and Mustafi. The rest (whether I like them or not) if you ask me are they good enough to get top 6? I’d argue yes.

Özil’s situation was complicated and my stance on him admittedly did soften the more info I received. When I’ve gotten things wrong I’ve been very open about it. Like Wenger.

I publicly gave Wenger such a hard time, only to see Emery fall to similar hurdles and now see Arteta totally excused by them. I’m not as quick to pull the trigger in my older age but if I come across wishy washy to you then fair dos man.
Just seems like you've always got a fire escape on the players that get discussed most. It's not fair! :lol:

Trying to work out why players receive negative comments outside of their performances, is dangerous territory. You can't let opinions you don't like cause you to start digging in certain places; we saw it in the Özil thread to horrible effect on many occasions. We don't see it anywhere else though, which is strange...

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Just seems like you've always got a fire escape on the players that get discussed most. It's not fair! :lol:
Not true. After countless stats, charts, graphs and arguments on his behalf we’ve seen the forum vote Pepe as pretty much the worst signing ever anyways and I’ve also watched him get benched by a 19 year old.

I’ve had to sit and take it, with guys @‘ing me like Pepe is my son.

Me saying sell him is just to end the misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom