• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His best performance for the club today, he was the difference maker for us. What I liked a lot was his combination play and composure on the ball.

But there is a massive elephant in the room, both Saka and Pepe are best off the right. It's a shame one of them isn't a right footer.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’d love to be encouraged by this performance but it won’t change things for him.

Easily our most entertaining player when it comes off, he puts in a defensive shift- I don’t think he lost a header today.

Combined intelligently with his team mates something people always insist he can’t do (he looks very good with Ødegaard and Cedric).

Repeating myself here but Arsenal isn’t for him, he deserves to start and play, not be an option for a midtable team. I strongly hope he pushes for a move this summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What a surprise play RB who support him and not always pass backwards the results are impressive. Motm today impressive all around performance defensively offensively.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Excellent today. Made lots of good choices in the final third and kept the ol ‘falling over yer feet’ thing to a minimum.

You know when Pepe is on form when the opposition puts a foul-rota in place to contain him.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Pepe played very well today, I thought he was probably our best player.

He put in a real shift defensively too which I liked. He deserves to start against Burnley after that performance.

He and Ødegaard seem to have nice chemistry too, which is pleasing to see.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Had a great match today. ESR's injury is unfortunate, but hopefully it gives Pepe the chance to get a run of matches. Pepe, Ø, and Saka could be a very good attacking midfield.

Pepe looks like he is starting to turn the corner under Arteta, and I wonder if his development will be similar to Mahrez at Man City. Mahrez didn't play too much under his first season under Pep, but he's grown into an influential member of the team.

Wiggins

I’d love to be encouraged by this performance but it won’t change things for him.

Easily our most entertaining player when it comes off, he puts in a defensive shift- I don’t think he lost a header today.

Combined intelligently with his team mates something people always insist he can’t do (he looks very good with Ødegaard and Cedric).

Repeating myself here but Arsenal isn’t for him, he deserves to start and play, not be an option for a midtable team. I strongly hope he pushes for a move this summer.

Arsenal need to sell you instead

Moah

Very good game. Always performs better when Bellerin is off the team like some of us always say.

GoonerJay24

His best performance for the club today, he was the difference maker for us. What I liked a lot was his combination play and composure on the ball.

But there is a massive elephant in the room, both Saka and Pepe are best off the right. It's a shame one of them isn't a right footer.

Man United at home last season?

But yes he was really impressive today and really showed his qualities. Seems we're building good healthy competition with all the attacking players being in form.

I am dissapointed Arteta isn't playing Martinelli though.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Man United at home last season?

But yes he was really impressive today and really showed his qualities. Seems we're building good healthy competition with all the attacking players being in form.

I am dissapointed Arteta isn't playing Martinelli though.

Think today was better, he was a constant threat throughout the whole game, which is the biggest criticism he's faced. He hasn't since he's been here performed consistently throughout a single game (on the whole), let alone across multiple matches.

And yeah we certainly have a lot of good options now. Hopefully Willian can keep improving as well.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Unfortunately for us I think Willian also improving will still mean he goes back to the bench if ESR is out.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He had a hand in all three goals, wanted the goals and was constantly involved. Might have won two pens on another day too. If he's been able to play like this from the start, I will never understand why for so long hecwas left hugging the touchline, waiting for the ball to arrive. He looks better with Cedric's movement but a physically impactful RB will help him even more. I hope this Pepe version stays with us.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The referees are giving a lot more fouls to him now. Last year they weren't giving him fouls, penalties anything. Wonder what made them come to their senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom