• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If this is the net result of tenuous AGMs conducted amidst summer transfer windows then by God keep those disgruntled fans pouring in :lol::lol:

It's high time whinging brought on proper results.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Finally caught up now, apologies for spamming this thread.

This guy for me was my number one wing target but as the season went on I came to the conclusion that he had already left us behind. I’ve been posting off pure emotion the last few minutes, can’t believe we’ve pulled this off.

This transfer is gargantuan, stupendous and exquisite.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Finally caught up now, apologies for spamming this thread.

This guy for me was my number one wing target but as the season went on I came to the conclusion that he had already left us behind. I’ve been posting off pure emotion the last few minutes, can’t believe we’ve pulled this off.

This transfer is gargantuan, stupendous and exquisite.

DkEc6thXcAA8hHH.jpg

isop

Tbf Zaha isn’t a super silky dribbler either, often looks chaotic with legs flying all over the place but over time we’ve come to accept that there’s a method to his madness.

Maybe it’s a similar case with Pepe, I’ve seen him embarrass defenders enough that it can’t be a fluke.

Yeah looking at Zaha it doesn't seem as smooth as say a Hazard but with the accuracy of his dribbling we've seen him absolutely destroy some defenders and bamboozle them, so I understand the point of the method to the madness, which could be like that with Pepe as well.

The good thing with Pepe is that defenders seem to be afraid of him, and maybe his rough style can also be unpredictable/confusing for them as well, like Adebayor's was :)

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Pepe is a cross breed of Soares and Zaha. You love to see it.

Napoli seem to be out the picture completely, Lozano on their radar according to local Napoli news

Preacher

Always Crying
Tonight, before sleep I will imagine goals celebrations of Laca/Auba/Pepe trio. Will sleep like a baby after it. Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do band will get a new member.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Its actually a lower risk signing than Zaha if you think of if. Even if he doesn't set the world on fire, we'll still be able to sell him for 60m or so in a couple of years.

WizardOfAus

So I've just read through the entire thread. Pretty clear who's a reliable source & who is not.

Early interest:
The top French outlets (Telefoot, L'Equipe, Matt Spiro) have been claiming we're very interested for about a year. Ballague also claimed we were interested back in Feb 18.

Original bid, 13 July:
TF1 (first) and then L'Equipe (confirmed) went in strongly on 13 July that we'd bid €80m and have stuck to that story consistently.

Disinformation, 13 July:
As soon as TF1 and L'Equipe reported the story, Ornstein reported we hadn't bid and couldn't afford Pepe. Benge & Watts followed him. Given what we know now, this looks like the club trying to squash news of our Pepe bid before it was settled.

Development, 14-27 July:
L'Equipe have stuck to their guns re. our bid and the other french sources have also reported this very well. Alexis Bernard (apparently the first to report Saliba interest) had details of the bid structure. Di Marzio and other Italian sources started getting involved yesterday saying that we were close. Ornstein (again followed by those ***** Benge and Watts) has confirmed today.

L'equipe, TF1, Di Marzio and maybe this Alexis Bernard guy too = Tier 1.
Ornstein = Tier whatever the club wants him to say.
Watts & Benge = Tier *****. Honestly don't see any point in these guys while Orny is around.

I like this.. the club is using ornys reliable ITK status to hide our transfer dealings by telling him we aren’t interested and don’t ave the money.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Now we need to get Tierney done and find some experienced stop gap in centre back, even on loan to cover till Saliba arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom