• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashybashy86

Apologies if already posted. We have to give him time. The heavy price tag doesn't prevent a time for adaptation from the French league. Zaha would have had an instant impact. We are looking at spending a huge chunk of money on a player who just had a summer tournament and who is used to playing one game a week with a winter break.

It may be next season when we see the best of him. I have my reservations, but alot of it will depend on Emery and how he sets us up.
While I think PL experience is an advantage, we shouldn’t discount adapting to a team’s style of play. For all we know Pépé could be the better fit, but that’s impossible to know for sure.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Part of doing what we’re doing now is why we moved stadiums and made the sacrifices we did between 2006-13.

My love for Wenger was kind of paradox in the sense that I admired him for his class, letting topclass players leave when they had their heart set on going somewhere else, never dealing with dirty shaggers like Mendes, Raul and the likes, but at the same time I would've loved to see him do it to get the team that he deserved.

He could've build another invincible team, if some of the deals we've been close to back then, which ultimately did not happen due to ****ty agents, would have been done the dirty way.

He sacrificed some of his success for playing fair. What a man.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We need to continue on this momentum. Go get Ziyech Raul I am begging you...just gave an interview after Ajax-PSV in which was said that he said no to a transfer to Sevilla and that he only wants to leave Ajax for a club that is the complete picture for him. If it’s not the level sevilla it is us, please. If tottenham sign him I will absolutely die. He is so good, works so hard and his mentality is perfect. Just played against psv 5 days after returning from vacation, which he came back a week early from btw! Please Raul! 30M, ajax will accept 5 yearly installments no issue please!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Need a solid French source to confirm this, surely RMC or lequipe will have had info after we leaked it to Ornstein.

If there’s nothing tonight I might just **** myself.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bid was on Thursday, this is already done. Orny is fed info from the club with a 48 hour delay

carlito'sway

Established Member
Are there any Ligue1 watchers here who could comment on Pepe? How highly rated is he considered in France? Is he someone who has the ability to explode into an elite player or is he limited in his strengths.

I mentioned Pepe more than once on AM a few years ago as a top young prospect when he was playing for SCO Angers or at LOSC.
He exploded at Lille though the last two seasons. He has pace, technique and a nose for goals. He still has room to grow and improve as well. Top talent.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Shh, don't tell them.

And the trick around it is buying for example 500 million of worth players and paying 5% of fees first year.

When did this instalment thing start in Arsenal and how can we measure it?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The point was not about installments. This is a well known fact. It was about the value of the installments. They are not generally of equal value. Most generally, 1/3 to 1/2 of the value will be paid upfront and the rest over a few years with interests.
That’s why it’s not as simple as just buying either Zaha or Pepe at 80m. Palace want a lot more up front.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I mentioned Pepe more than once on AM a few years ago as a top young prospect when he was playing for SCO Angers or at LOSC.
He exploded at Lille though the last two seasons. He has pace, technique and a nose for goals. He still has room to grow and improve as well. Top talent.
Happy to hear it! What I also like is that he used to play in a pretty similar set-up at lille like he will here at Arsenal. What do you think of Rafael Leao, I think he has it in him to become a complete striker!

GunnerUK

I’d be a liar if I said I’ve watched Pepe don’t know anything about him don’t watch French football but seeing people’s reaction on here who do know him and follow football in France excites me. Hope he hits the ground running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom