• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Winter 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Re: Non-Arsenal Transfers + Rumours - January Window

Speaking of Tottenham, Bentley's not as arrogant as I first thought.

In September 2008, Clifford was approached by a South African consortium looking to purchase Newcastle United Football Club, with the party offering the 38-year old a role as Academy Director as well as shares in the club. In the same month, he was also approached by Tottenham Hotspur midfielder David Bentley, with the England international asking Clifford to devise an elite training programme and to undertake one-to-one sessions with him. Work commitments, however, saw Clifford turn down the opportunity.

Viking

Bentley is an overrated **** of a man. His antics after he scored that lucky goal against us was disgusting - Arsenal has never done anything to him other than help him start his career, and kindly let him go when he asked for it (like the little ***** he is, he couldn't handle competition 6 month into a 5 year contract). His comments about how Walcott should leave the club last year were a disgrace as well. I hope he gets relegated along with the rest of the ****s from ****e Hart Lane.

Oh, and he's also a piss-poor player, who's been found out big time at a relegation threatened team, and whose fans hate him because of his HORRIBLE attitude.

-vapour-

Viking said:
Bentley is an overrated c**t of a man. His antics after he scored that lucky goal against us was disgusting - Arsenal has never done anything to him other than help him start his career, and kindly let him go when he asked for it (like the little ***** he is, he couldn't handle competition 6 month into a 5 year contract). His comments about how Walcott should leave the club last year were a disgrace as well. I hope he gets relegated along with the rest of the c**nts from s***e Hart Lane.

Oh, and he's also a piss-poor player, who's been found out big time at a relegation threatened team, and whose fans hate him because of his HORRIBLE attitude.

Haha, you hero :D

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

If rumors are to believe, Napoli are in for our dear french men Flamini.

If Milan are willing to sell, we should go for him.

It would hurt the board/Wengers pride, but so what.

lurkball

arsenalfc0719 said:
If rumors are to believe, Napoli are in for our dear french men Flamini.

If Milan are willing to sell, we should go for him.

It would hurt the board/Wengers pride, but so what.

The thing is, they are doing the transfers, not you.

gunner_down_under

I'd take Flam back with open arms holding out a renewed contract and a plate of deep fried frog legs and blue cheese!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Redknapp wants struggling Keane back at WHL. LOL?

mccroix

I'm just waiting for the Teemu Tainio rumours

-vapour-

According to SSN:
9.02 West Ham United have completed the signing of striker Savio Nsereko from Brescia. The fee is undisclosed, but it is believed the Hammers have secured his services for a club record fee in the region of £9million.

Anyone know much about him? Seems crazy money to me but I don't know how good he actually is.

mccroix

even in Germany no one has ever heard of him...he plays for the under 19s

unbelievable price for such an unknown player

3Z

10.41 Bolton manager Gary Megson has confirmed the club have opened talks with Sporting Lisbon about the possibility of signing defensive midfielder Miguel Veloso.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896_4854823,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/football/trans ... 23,00.html</a>

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Shock at West Ham's signing of Nserenko, at that sort of price.

Anyway Bolton signing Veloso, lets see whether he is good in EPL

Kraig

Established Member

pompey want emerson apparently

not quite sure what tony is trying to do down there

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

outlaw_member said:
Clrc, Have you seen Nsereko play?
Yes, at u19 championship last summer with Germany.

For a 19 year-old at this sort of price, scary ain't it? Furthermore isn't West Ham having some financial difficulties?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

-vapour- said:
According to SSN:
9.02 West Ham United have completed the signing of striker Savio Nsereko from Brescia. The fee is undisclosed, but it is believed the Hammers have secured his services for a club record fee in the region of £9million.

Anyone know much about him? Seems crazy money to me but I don't know how good he actually is.
Outrageous price. I guess it's the Bellamy money they're spending.

Cruisio

Established Member

Looks like Man City might get Given. In that case i'd like to see us try and go in for Joe Hart

DREVAK

Established Member

Nsereko was very good for Germany at the U19 European Championship last summer. The whole German team was to be honest, with their forwards the best of the bunch. Though I actually rated some of Nsereko's teammates more, like Gebhart or Naki.

If the reported price is true then I'm at a loss for words to tell the truth. Yes, he was exceptionally fast, agile and technically solid, and might or might not develop into a very good player. But that was against fellow nineteen or so year olds.

To pay nine million for a player like that is just a huge, huge gamble, nothing more. I'm not sure even an exceptional but unproven young talent – and whether Nsereko fits that description is also a very good question – would deserve such a fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom