• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Winter 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasCR

Established Member
Re: Non-Arsenal Transfers + Rumours - January Window

It looks like WHU are going to sign Kovac also, the Czech player if you know him. Can play in the middle as a DM or at CD. If the reports are to be believed, he´ll sign tomorrow for £4m.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

heard it will be a loan deal until the summer with the option to buy..

TomasCR

Established Member

Yeah, you´re right. Not so sure about the amount of money they would pay for him. It seems like the £4m is a final sum all-in, i.e. if he turns out to be a good move and stay there in the summer. He will do fine in the PL though, if there is a player I would compare him to, I would be Vidic. Not afraid of going into any tackle, any header, quick, strong on the land, in the air, very emptatic. I like him.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

Newcastle signing Kevin Nolan? for 4m??

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=614053&sec=transfers&cc=3888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=3888</a>

-vapour-

Illusion said:
AnthonyG said:
Derbyshire agrees Olympiakos move

It's six-month loan move, but he'll only go if Blackburn find a replacement. A bit strange regardless.

Always nice to see an English player willing to move abroad to make a name for himself with a strong club.

Yep, fair play to him on that front. But it is one of the strangest signing ever for Olympiakos.

Kraig

Established Member

-vapour- said:
Illusion said:
AnthonyG said:
Derbyshire agrees Olympiakos move

It's six-month loan move, but he'll only go if Blackburn find a replacement. A bit strange regardless.

Always nice to see an English player willing to move abroad to make a name for himself with a strong club.

Yep, fair play to him on that front. But it is one of the strangest signing ever for Olympiakos.

hes actually quite a good young player. looked good for blackburn when given the chance. could possibly be influenced by the colin kazim richards effect that fener have had maybe...

Kraig

Established Member

nolan is a geordie. good signing for them.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4873795,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 95,00.html</a>

Illusion

Established Member

Kazim-Richards considers himself Turkish these days, so I'm not sure if his example would have an effect as he speaks the language and is counted as a Turkish national in football terms.

Derbyshire was always quite a handy player for his age and he was capable of some good things, he has a chance to show what he can do and I hope he takes it. It would be nice for young English players to see that sitting on the Chelsea bench isn't the only way to make your name in football.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
Diouf to Blackburn for £2 million.

Diouf and Fat Sam reuinted. Surely one of the most beautiful moments in modern sport?

thegame24

Established Member

How long till he gets kevin davies, suprised he didnt get nolan.

True Gooner

Established Member

Tottenham enquired about Robbie Keane. Seriously, what the **** - 'Arry Rednapps just buying their old players back. :lol:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

well, Keane was far better for Spuds than he has been for 'Pool.. (although he still likes scoring against us)

KY

Established Member

gosh! nolan for 4 million is a steal... even bullard cost 5...

tam1886

Established Member

Seen a couple of reports saying Julien Faubert is going on loan to Real Madrid until the end of the season for 1.5m Euros. Another weird transfer in this wacky window. In some ways, this Faubert deal and the Nolan transfer have been far more surprising than the Kaka saga.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Yep, can't believe Bolton sold Nolan so easily and that real is interested in Faubert...

And now Pompey signing Giovani...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom