• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Thread: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,575
  • Views 493,750
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be in the minority here but I am relieved that it is looking like Mount will not be joining us. For me there are better players in his profile particularly in that reported price tag. Honestly feel like Maddison has so much more to offer with a much wider range of technical ability, so I really hope that we target him.

If I were a United fan I would be disappointed with this if it were to happen. Other than fulfilling the English quota I feel like he doesn't offer a whole lot more to what they already have. A club of United's magnitude should always be after one of the best in the position they are after and if they are looking for a player like this then Barella would be top of my list. Even Milinkovic-Savic would have more to offer at a reduced price. Mount does have the potential to prove me otherwise though, but I just don't see him ever reaching that elite midfielder category. There are so many underrated players in this position out there, Soler from PSG is one I have always rated as well.

Pretty surprised United don't seem to be after Alexis Macallister either. Quality player who has the versatility and intelligence that would be so valuable to any side.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I might be in the minority here but I am relieved that it is looking like Mount will not be joining us. For me there are better players in his profile particularly in that reported price tag. Honestly feel like Maddison has so much more to offer with a much wider range of technical ability, so I really hope that we target him.

If I were a United fan I would be disappointed with this if it were to happen. Other than fulfilling the English quota I feel like he doesn't offer a whole lot more to what they already have. A club of United's magnitude should always be after one of the best in the position they are after and if they are looking for a player like this then Barella would be top of my list. Even Milinkovic-Savic would have more to offer at a reduced price. Mount does have the potential to prove me otherwise though, but I just don't see him ever reaching that elite midfielder category. There are so many underrated players in this position out there, Soler from PSG is one I have always rated as well.
good player but not even tempted pay 50M for him never mind the chelsea ridiculous asking price he was average last tow years he got one year left and he asking for extremely big wages. i'd even take Maddison ahead of him and i'm not fan of maddison either.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Annoyingly think he's a good player but I feel signing him would kill any chance of a genuine top striker coming here in the next few years. Rather we waited and kept an eye on Fergie.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Sensible decision from Harry. You don’t leave the PL for a second rate league in your prime. Not when you can be immortal in 2 years time by becoming the all time top scorer. A move to United is the only thing that makes sense if he leaves Sp**s.
Btec Matt Le Tissier let's be real. He plays in any other time or league where defenders aren't professional glue sniffers he doesn't get to a century of goals.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Why are you surprised? He's 35 and has had a meh season.
30 goals + 6 assists in 42 games (not even played all of them over 90 minutes) is a meh season?

He obviously is struggling more with injuries now, but it's still nearly impossible for Real to replace him. Especially the way he linked with Vini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom