• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka

Swedish sources says deal is close to being done

My knowledge of this guy is less than stellar. Any Portuguese league watchers here know much about this him? and good? Never seen him play but he's been linked to United for a fair while. I thought they'd end up trying for van Dijk.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I feel like every team are making big early moves except us? AGAIN.

Chelsea, city and United are the only three I'd consider a true threat during a transfer window and it looks like all 3 are set to spend 100m in the first month of it.

Our preparation skills are abysmal.

Devil_in_Disguise

United fan in a terrible disguise
In his two seasons at Juventus, he only scored 15 league goals. And yes, it matters that he scored against weak teams. Granada and Leganes allowed 137 goals last season, they were simply terrible defensively. And he was playing against those teams with Hamez, Kovacic, Isco, and Asensio creating chances for him. It was a joke to watch at times.

And I mentioned Mourinho's system because he's not going to get as many chances next year as he did in Madrid.
But he's scored against Sporting Lisbon, Espanyol, Villareal, Athletic Bilbao, Napoli and Celta Vigo. Some of which he came from the bench and scored the winners and most if not all those games had a close scorelines.

Also the seasons before that he's scored against Man City, 2x Bayern Munich, Sevilla, 2x Inter Milan in a Copa italia semi, a winner against AC Milan in Copa italia final, 2x vs Dortmund, 2x Real Madrid in a CL semi, and a goal vs Barca in a CL final. If anything he is a big game player.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We've literally signed Kolasinac and have been actively trying for Mbappe...

We signed Xhaka early last time and then actively tried for Vardy then didn't sign anyone until the last week of the window...

We'll no doubt sign Kolasinac and now wait until that point once again because Mbappe isn't feasible.

Same **** different year

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We signed Xhaka early last time and then actively tried for Vardy then didn't sign anyone until the last week of the window...

We'll no doubt sign Kolasinac and now wait until that point once again because Mbappe isn't feasible.

Same **** different year

Ok so you're crying about something that hasn't even happened yet. :lol:

Just accept that your "every team is making big early moves except us" comment was absolute nonsense. I mean City is the only team who've officially signed anyone besides us. :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ok so you're crying about something that hasn't even happened yet. :lol:

Just accept that your "every team is making big early moves except us" comment was absolute nonsense. I mean City is the only team who've officially signed anyone besides us. :lol:

Don't give me that rubbish.

Chelsea all but confirmed to take Lukaku, united have snapped up Morata. While we're here twiddling our thumbs over a player who will stay at Monaco or move to Madrid.

Forgive me if I'm sitting here wondering why we've been stuck with Giroud for 6 years.

Tir Na Nog

Chelsea all but confirmed to take Lukaku, united have snapped up Morata. While we're here twiddling our thumbs over a player who will stay at Monaco or move to Madrid.

Forgive me if I'm sitting here wondering why we've been stuck with Giroud for 6 years.

Chelsea downgrading on Costa isn't exactly something I'm overly worried about and Morata, do me a ****ing favour. :lol:

If we didn't at least try for Mbappe people like you'd be accuse us of having no ambition. :lol:

Also Giroud's only been here 5 years and last season he wasn't even first choice. :lol: In fact he's saying himself there's a chance he might leave.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Chelsea downgrading on Costa isn't exactly something I'm overly worried about and Morata, do me a ****ing favour. :lol:

If we didn't at least try for Mbappe people like you'd be accuse us of having no ambition. :lol:

Also Giroud's only been here 5 years and last season he wasn't even first choice. :lol: In fact he's saying himself there's a chance he might leave.

Don't want to argue with you we're all Arsenal fans, you have your opinion and I have mine. We both want the same end result, signing top quality, im just sceptical because of what I saw last summer and summers before that.

WhatAFC

Chelsea are downgrading from costa to lukaku. It's going to make their attack a hell of a lot less dynamic and will put less pressure on opposition defences.

I do like morata and I think United have done well picking him up, however it's for ridiculous money with no guarantees he will adapt to their style of play, which is a lot more restricted than in Madrid. An argument can also be made for it being a down grade from ibra to morata.

Tir Na Nog

Don't want to argue with you we're all Arsenal fans, you have your opinion and I have mine. We both want the same end result, signing top quality, im just sceptical because of what I saw last summer and summers before that.

Fair enough, let's hope we get some good additions in soon.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Chelsea are downgrading from costa to lukaku. It's going to make their attack a hell of a lot less dynamic and will put less pressure on opposition defences.

I do like morata and I think United have done well picking him up, however it's for ridiculous money with no guarantees he will adapt to their style of play, which is a lot more restricted than in Madrid. An argument can also be made for it being a down grade from ibra to morata.

Everyone keeps saying Chelsea are downgrading but Lukaku will still score 20+ goals for them in a season... something we still lack from a striker.

Morata I find average, but that isn't the point. The point is these players were their main targets or their second targets. It's irrelevant of the name, they've got the deals for their main striker targets done within the first month of the transfer window.

Something we never ever do. That's the point I was trying to make.

WhatAFC

Everyone keeps saying Chelsea are downgrading but Lukaku will still score 20+ goals for them in a season... something we still lack from a striker.

Morata I find average, but that isn't the point. The point is these players were their main targets or their second targets. It's irrelevant of the name, they've got the deals for their main striker targets done within the first month of the transfer window.

Something we never ever do. That's the point I was trying to make.
Didn't we do xhaka in the first month of the window?

Lukaku's scoring record isn't much different from giroud's. whilst I'm not saying he's not a better player than giroud, I don't buy the hype that he's going to be world class. His physical attributes far outweigh his actual footballing abilities.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Agree to everything you said, especially Costa > Lukaku easily.
Despite the fact that Costa is a total scumbag, he also is one hell of a player.
Don't know if I would want him here personally, but at least he would be our jerk then and we would not have to worry for him to deliver - on par with Aguero as best CF in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom