• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG J0E

Envious of Utd fans in the transfer window, doesn't matter if you overspend on players when you show ambition and give the fans something to look forward to.

Malky

Established Member
United and City are going to go crazy with transfers this summer.
City need a GK, CB, RB, LB, CM
.... United will just spend for the sake of spending.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Envious of Utd fans in the transfer window, doesn't matter if you overspend on players when you show ambition and give the fans something to look forward to.
when you can offer them 300K a week then why not if Arsenal can't offer that why bother showing interest. they end up in europa league last season and still can offer Big money contracts to big players like Ibra Pogba Mikhi tells you everything.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
United and City are going to go crazy with transfers this summer.
City need a GK, CB, RB, LB, CM
.... United will just spend for the sake of spending.
City too they'll spend 150-200M to challenge for the title Man utd too. Chelsea i think they'll spend alot of money Conte will be looking to improve his defense.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
If this is true then De Gea is obviously off and I doubt Griezmann will happen as it's very unlikely that they will let 2 players leave to the same club this summer. Oblak would probably be my first choice to replace De Gea though.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Jose will spend big thats for sure, but lets just hope they bring in more players the standard of Pogba, Depay, Shaw, Darmian and Blind than of the required standard.

I hope they blow big money on guys like Reus, Barkley, Bellerin, Ramsey and Bale.

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
If this is true then De Gea is obviously off and I doubt Griezmann will happen as it's very unlikely that they will let 2 players leave to the same club this summer. Oblak would probably be my first choice to replace De Gea though.
Brilliant replacement for De Gea! I rate Oblak incredibly highly and I think if Oblak had been at any other club than Atletico then Real would of been signing him themselves! The guy has been the best keeper in La Liga for two years straight!

Malky

Established Member
City too they'll spend 150-200M to challenge for the title Man utd too. Chelsea i think they'll spend alot of money Conte will be looking to improve his defense.
Not sure about Chelsea spending massive money. Conte will no doubt reinforce his squad for the Champions League but I can't see him making huge changes to a (so far) successful team. They've barely used Zouma since he's returned and he has massive potentia, Cahill and Luiz are in the team of the season, Ake was brought back and hasn't played much. So Right Wing Back could be where they spend the money. Also depends on the future of Diego Costa and Hazard.

GDeep™

League is very weak

You want a sensible transfer strategy. You don't want your club signing dross like Fellaini, Depay etc.

OG J0E

You want a sensible transfer strategy. You don't want your club signing dross like Fellaini, Depay etc.
That's true of course but they haven't made dross signings like those in a couple of years now, been mostly good players since then. Feel like risking overspending in order to get the player you want is more sensible than our play-it-safe strategy (the board's fault, not Wenger's).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom