• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Reports in Germany and Poland suggest Lewandowski has switched agents. That's very curious for a couple of reasons.

- no contract negotiations with Bayern in sight, as his current contract runs 'til 2021
- Lewa has publicly flirted with a transfer for years
- his last agent Kucharsky, the one he dropped, has reportedly met with Florentino Perez multiple times
- Real are seemingly about to go on a spending spree this summer

There might be something in the air with how things are looking.

Might be worth adding that his new agent is Pini Zahavi. The guy has had a hand in the takeovers of Chelsea and Portsmouth, as well as the transfers of Rio Ferdinand and Ashley Cole.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hearing rumors that Liverpool are ready to pay 90 M for Alisson.

Was 62m last I heard, but wouldn't be surprised if it's more than that. Arsenal arguably need to be targeting a GK just as much as Liverpool do, but Liverpool will clearly put much more effort and funds into it than Arsenal.

Unless Sanllehi pulls off a miracle with Oblak (which i'm pretty sure was just random internet BS anyway), I can see us going for Alban Lafont from Toulouse. Have him play under Cech next year and take over the year after. Seems like a more Arsenal thing to do than pay crazy money for Oblak/Alisson.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

giphy.gif

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
United can easily remedy this, though, by sacking Mourinho and getting a new manager.

---------Aubameyang-----
Martial-----Özil----Mkhitaryan

Imagine. Would easily be our best attack since 2008.

Would be good attack, but how long time do we need to get Martial and Mkhitaryan to shake that horror that their United careers was off their back? 2-3 years. Mourinho really has a way of destroying people. Disgusting human being.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Hope Wenger taps Martial up, we don't mess about and get the deal done quickly, after which Wenger then retires.

A Wenger farewell gift, so to speak.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
In all seriousness I highly doubt he'd come here, pretty sure he turned us down when we asked about him in January. I think he'll stay at Utd or maybe some sort of swap with Alderweireld.

Thing is we are still able to attract quality players, but only under particular circumstances. Sometimes it's the attraction of London, wages, Wenger, a step up or simply a lack of other options. But just cos we can attract some quality players doesn't mean we can attract all of them. Many will be put off by our lack of title challenges or Champions League, we just have to accept that.

If we're going for a big name attacker Fekir is still the best and most likely player still within our reach. Willing to be proved wrong on Martial though.

Malky

Established Member
Was 62m last I heard, but wouldn't be surprised if it's more than that. Arsenal arguably need to be targeting a GK just as much as Liverpool do, but Liverpool will clearly put much more effort and funds into it than Arsenal.

Unless Sanllehi pulls off a miracle with Oblak (which i'm pretty sure was just random internet BS anyway), I can see us going for Alban Lafont from Toulouse. Have him play under Cech next year and take over the year after. Seems like a more Arsenal thing to do than pay crazy money for Oblak/Alisson.
Lafont is a top young talent, think he's the future number one for France, but we need a keeper that will bench Cech ASAP. Liverpool signing Alisson and we're still persisting with Cech as first choice would be an embarrassment.
Got a feeling we wont even make a bid for Oblak, we'll go cheap and sign Horn :(

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Lafont is a top young talent, think he's the future number one for France, but we need a keeper that will bench Cech ASAP. Liverpool signing Alisson and we're still persisting with Cech as first choice would be an embarrassment.
Got a feeling we wont even make a bid for Oblak, we'll go cheap and sign Horn :(

Would much rather go for Lafont than Horn. Don't see Horn benching Cech immediately anyway. Imo if we're not going for Oblak or Alisson then we might as well go for Lafont, better an inexperienced player who can become great than an experienced one who never will. Plus for his age Lafont has already achieved a lot.

Obviously in an ideal world we'd be competing for the likes of Alisson and Oblak, but I just don't get the sense it's our priority. Think we'll prioritise a CB, CM & forward and then try to find someone to replace Cech from 2019 onwards.

Rouski

Would much rather go for Lafont than Horn. Don't see Horn benching Cech immediately anyway. Imo if we're not going for Oblak or Alisson then we might as well go for Lafont, better an inexperienced player who can become great than an experienced one who never will. Plus for his age Lafont has already achieved a lot.

Obviously in an ideal world we'd be competing for the likes of Alisson and Oblak, but I just don't get the sense it's our priority. Think we'll prioritise a CB, CM & forward and then try to find someone to replace Cech from 2019 onwards.

Can see Lafont happening this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom