Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Juan Matas Beard, Feb 6, 2018.

1. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

We need at least four starting XI quality players and then 2-3 others for quality squad depth; whilst having to sell at least 10 players at the same time.

A player like Sessegnon/Tierney should’ve been signed last summer, not used as a solution to our problems now.

2. zhaggy

zhaggy Active Member

Probably would need 3-4 going in the starting XI just to be able to get 4th.

3. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Why do we have a thread for summer non-Arsenal transfers but not for Arsenal? Seems illogical.

4. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

There's individual threads for the players who've been linked tbf.

Aevius likes this.
  5. al-Ustaadh

So then why start separate threads for any of the Arsenal transfer windows? Why not just keep to the individual threads all the time?

6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Those general transfer threads are for tenuous links that pop up during the window that aren't strong enough to warrant a new thread. Also a good place to keep all the "ITK" junk.

7. al-Ustaadh

Those things and player outs are going to be particularly strong for the remainder of this season given the nature of things, ie we aren’t in a normal period and **** is changing drastically both with the infrastructure of the club and its atmosphere. Managerial discussions will affect what players we will focus on, who we can get, and who goes out. Thus, why I’d appreciate a thread started now.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  8. DanDare

DanDare Spreading positive vibes

Think the system we have now works well

9. Aevius

Aevius Pro-Rambo Moderator

10. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Poundland hydro

11. Borussin

Borussin AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

they seem to sell to buy a lot. Although I dont know if the money for Coutinio was what covered the purchases of Van Dijk and Naby Keita. I know they have a small netspend since Jürgen Klopp was there.

12. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

Rose to United and Sessegnon to Spurs in the summer is about as obvious as it gets.

Spurs get the better deal, probably make a profit and have a future worldy who'll be as good as Rose in 18 months.

say yes likes this.
  13. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Personally I don't think Rose is that good in the first place. Not bothered about United getting him, especially with Mourinho there.
    In my opinion we should be targeting Tierney, even if it means selling Kolasinac to get him. The lad has the potential to be an elite LB!

14. Juan Matas Beard

Juan Matas Beard Friendly Mancunian facial hair

Doubt it tbh.

15. THunter

Spurs have left him out all season and he wants a move back North. You’re the only club who’ll go for him.

16. Juan Matas Beard

That's great and all but the world doesn't revolve around Danny Rose's needs.

17. THunter

I’ll be quoting this in the summer Juan.

18. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Anyone seen Lemar play recently?

Seen him a few games this season and haven't been impressed one bit and going off that look to have dodged one hell of a 90mil bullet!

19. Juan Matas Beard

Admittedly I don't want him at the club. He's overrated, pace reliant and mistake prone. Just can't see Mourinho of all managers signing an injury-prone player.

I don't see why we'd be in for a Spurs backup.

20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Hipster

Ryan Sessegnon is quality.

Windowlicker likes this.