• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 641,320
Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballUnited

Earlier in the season I thought Maguire would be a good addition for us, but when I subsequently paid more attention to his performances I was not that impressed. Wouldn't mind if MUFC makes him the most expensive defender in history. Also hope ManU keeps Lukaku around. Not that bothered by them, although Wan-Bissaka fixed a massive hole. Also not that bothered by Fernandes. Think we should be alright if they spunk their budget on these three players. Will start to get worried if they buy a top quality CM and striker in addition.

On a different note: not happy we're not loaning Ceballos, but at least he is not going to Sp**s.

Maguire aerially is amazing, had better duels won than VVD last year , he may not be the quickiest, but they have AWB, SHAW and LINDELOF who are all quick to cover. People are underestimating how United are addressing their problems, yeah they are overspending, but if that gets their problems fixed and they get top 4 would they care?

Lukaku looks to be gone to Inter, and United will replace him, Pogba is set to stay for a season, and DDG is going to sign. Amongst the media suggesting it is doom and gloom, they are building and will continue to get stronger. Pogba may leave next year but they will rake in a massive amount and spend on the team. Arsenal should be worried, as fromthe top 6, next year and the coming season all are going to be stronger than us.

Everyone's argument that Ole is weak, albeit true to an extent, don't realise, he has so much support at United from the fans and his back room staff, Including Fergies last assistant manager in Phelan. It is only a matter of time before they start gelling. I watched highlights of the pre season game, being a football fan, both Chelsea and United are trying to create something a style, have used teams that will be starters. In Arsenals 2 pre-season games, there is not style or substance, i cant work out the 11 that will start or the way Emery wants the team to play, add to that the signings or lack of and the way we are conducting business, it screams that this season will be a massive failure.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Trust me, I am (and will be until the transferdust settles) worried about Arsenal for next season. There are so many issues it's hard to know where to begin.

I'm not watching the pre-season so I'm not really sure how Arsenal or the other teams are developing. I do think every move Arsenal will make has the potential to significantly improve our on the pitch performance (simply because there is so much to improve on). If we'll again heavily rely on Xhaka, Kola and Mustafi we're ****ed.

At the same time there is much to say about flaws in the United team and they have a lot of work ahead of them, which is why I'm not worried as long as they continue to rely on players who care more about social media than performance. Massively overpaying for players who are good but not world class wíll create problems in the long run.

African Flair

Don't get it. Simeone will rip is head off. Maybe that's the whole purpose of this. Maybe he just love the idea of having a brit as a human punching bag.

Tomb Bombadil

That's about what Dortmond paid for him. For them to sell him on, and not for a profit, makes me think that they think purchasing him in the first place was a mistake. They are usually a pretty good judge of quality so I would stay far away.
Diallo wanted out because they bought Hummels. And Dortmund spent a lot of money so they need to recoupe some money and they have too many CBs: Hummels, Akanji, (Diallo), Zagadou, Toprak, Balerdi, Weigl.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Trippier is a weird one... form super bad & knows it judging from the interview mid season. Been linked to Juve, Bayern & now Atleti. :eek:

Wonder if just a busy agent pushing the narrative.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
That's about what Dortmond paid for him. For them to sell him on, and not for a profit, makes me think that they think purchasing him in the first place was a mistake. They are usually a pretty good judge of quality so I would stay far away.

I don't think Dortmund are too impressed with Diallo not being willing to stay and fight. He's a very good player, but the fact he's basically said to them he wants to leave because of Hummels being signed, isn't a good look for a player. So it's that rather than his talent, of which he has plenty.

Dortmund where always going to sell a CB this summer though after buying Mats Hummels. I think most of us had hoped it'd be Omer Toprak :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom