• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 659,555
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If Kante and Jorginho go, there might be room in their midfield. Although it makes a mockery of Lampard talking up RLC and Mount.

On the other hand, Havertz is on another level of talent than RLC and Mount. RLC being a CM anyway. Havertz can also play 10, 10/8, right wing and false 9, wouldn't mean either RLC or Mount would be completely sidelined. And if you actually have the chance of getting a talent of Havertz's level, you try.

Got a similar discussion at Stuttgart right now. We've got two great talents for SS/AM in Egloff and Klimowicz, but are apparently interested in this 17 year old guy Demir from Rapid Wien, who's supposed to be a generational talent. Some say you kill those already at the club by signing him, others say if you can get someone like that you do.

Toby

Werner I don't mind too much, I get the sense he's a bit overrated. Havertz is a proper talent though.

Werner has continuously developed as a player every single season and added more to his game. His nose for goal and how to get into good positions has always been great, but he's also always been called a pace merchant despite never being one. Just because your fast doesn't mean that's all you got. His overall game has evolved so much in recent years, the guy is just pretty good.

Scored 28 league goals this season in 34 games, assisted another 8. In the CL he's got 4 goals in 8 games. Overall 45 games, 34 goals and 13 assists. He's definitely not a striker for a tiki taka system, but he's also not just a counter striker. Like I said, he's developed really well, developed and eye for teammates and space, got better at taking on players. Think he's a bit underrated and a pretty good signing for Chelsea.

If they actually are after Havertz and get him, this looks ridiculously good and well thought out:

Werner
Mount Havertz Ziyech
Kanté RLC​

+ Hudson-Odoi and pulisic and Abraham. Seems maybe like they might lack a bit of width, but Werner is very good at moving to the wings and stretching play (Leipzig use very narrow attacking mids in their 442 or 3421 formations), Havertz can play all along the front and score himself, RLC is not a star but a very balanced player, Kanté can clean up well. With Mount and Ziyech they've got an abundancy of creativity up front. A pair of attacking fullbacks and they're good to go, tbh. Maybe another CB down the line and of course a proper GK.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea seriously need overhaul in their back. Kante Jorginho Pulisic Havertz Zayich Werner i exciting front 6 but their defense and goal keeping situation is poverty

Aevi

Hale End FC
Werner has continuously developed as a player every single season and added more to his game. His nose for goal and how to get into good positions has always been great, but he's also always been called a pace merchant despite never being one. Just because your fast doesn't mean that's all you got. His overall game has evolved so much in recent years, the guy is just pretty good.

Scored 28 league goals this season in 34 games, assisted another 8. In the CL he's got 4 goals in 8 games. Overall 45 games, 34 goals and 13 assists. He's definitely not a striker for a tiki taka system, but he's also not just a counter striker. Like I said, he's developed really well, developed and eye for teammates and space, got better at taking on players. Think he's a bit underrated and a pretty good signing for Chelsea.

If they actually are after Havertz and get him, this looks ridiculously good and well thought out:

Werner
Mount Havertz Ziyech
Kanté RLC​

+ Hudson-Odoi and pulisic and Abraham. Seems maybe like they might lack a bit of width, but Werner is very good at moving to the wings and stretching play (Leipzig use very narrow attacking mids in their 442 or 3421 formations), Havertz can play all along the front and score himself, RLC is not a star but a very balanced player, Kanté can clean up well. With Mount and Ziyech they've got an abundancy of creativity up front. A pair of attacking fullbacks and they're good to go, tbh. Maybe another CB down the line and of course a proper GK.
Alright I mind the signing now.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Werner
Mount Havertz Ziyech
Kanté RLC​

It would be an incredible attack for sure, but I swear they need a new LB, CB and probably a new GK too? Surely Leverkusen want like 80-100m or something, it just seems crazy to spend that much when you need to buy in other positions.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

Werner
Mount Havertz Ziyech
Kanté RLC​

What about Kovacic? He is Chelsea's POTY. Definitely goes ahead of RLC with Pulisic taking up Mount's place for the right balance.

But I expect Havertz to move to Bayern this or next summer and if Thiago leaves there's a big chance he might.

Toby

Alright I mind the signing now.

Yeah, I'd worry abou Chelsea, too. Laugh about Lampard all you want but I think he's doing well enough.

They also do have an ageing team but are taking almost all the right steps to get a smooth overhaul done. Willian, pedro out, Ziyech, Werner in. Some academy products in there, too.

The thing I ask myself is whether they got someone in behind the scenes. Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Kepa, Barkley, Baba, Zappacosta...they did so much **** business and now they got in Werner, Ziyech and are including youth players. Either that or the transfer ban and Lampard got them on track again.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
It would be an incredible attack for sure, but I swear they need a new LB, CB and probably a new GK too? Surely Leverkusen want like 80-100m or something, it just seems crazy to spend that much when you need to buy in other positions.
If I were Chelski I'd go with 50-60m plus Kepa for Oblak and get in Chilwell instead of buying Havertz tbh.

Toby

Yeah, but you can't fix all the wholes in one summer. If they got the money and Havertz is on the market right now and open to move abroad instead of waiting for Bayern, I'd say **** CB or whatever and get him. He's a Muller with technical ability.

Their offense will do a lot for them, RLC, Kovacic and Kanté will provide stability from midfield. Of course they lack the right sort of attacking fullbacks right now, but if I could get Havertz I'd do it and add the fullbacks later. CB is also not as worse as it seems. Rudiger is just fine, they've got Azpilicueta plus Tomori and Ampadu as talents. Not what you want or need to challenge for the title, but enough to have an exciting side challening for top 4.

And Kepa, well. ****ing problem but I'm glad it's theirs and not mine.

Toby

What about Kovacic? He is Chelsea's POTY. Definitely goes ahead of RLC with Pulisic taking up Mount's place for the right balance.

But I expect Havertz to move to Bayern this or next summer and if Thiago leaves there's a big chance he might.

Hm. Think RLC offers more balance to the team than Kovacic, especially if you got an offense like the one I wrote down, which has plenty of creativity and goalthreat. But basically they got them both anyway.

And for balance...I'm not sold on pulisic, and I'd definitely go fot Mount and Ziyech as inverted creative wingers with massively offensive fullbacks, RLC as a balancer and Kanté recycled as an interceptor and vacuum cleaner in front of the defense.

Havertz won't move to Bayern this season. He's too expensive. Bayern might be cheeky and try to architcet a future move already, but if he is on the market this summer, I'd definitely move for him.

Thiago and Havertz have nothing to do with each other. Thiago is their dlp, Havertz is an attacking player.

Toby

If I were Chelski I'd go with 50-60m plus Kepa for Oblak and get in Chilwell instead of buying Havertz tbh.

Things is, no one wants Kepa after his Chelsea stint, I guess. I would be more like 200 plus him for Oblak. But yeah, Oblak should probably move soon. You can sign Chilwell next season. Next season Havertz is off to Bayern, Chilwell will still be at Leicester.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Hm. Think RLC offers more balance to the team than Kovacic, especially if you got an offense like the one I wrote down, which has plenty of creativity and goalthreat. But basically they got them both anyway.

And for balance...I'm not sold on pulisic, and I'd definitely go fot Mount and Ziyech as inverted creative wingers with massively offensive fullbacks, RLC as a balancer and Kanté recycled as an interceptor and vacuum cleaner in front of the defense.

Havertz won't move to Bayern this season. He's too expensive. Bayern might be cheeky and try to architcet a future move already, but if he is on the market this summer, I'd definitely move for him.

Thiago and Havertz have nothing to do with each other. Thiago is their dlp, Havertz is an attacking player.
I thought Kimmich was moved to midfield? And if both Thiago and French guy moves, it would open up for Havertz.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Things is, no one wants Kepa after his Chelsea stint, I guess. I would be more like 200 plus him for Oblak. But yeah, Oblak should probably move soon. You can sign Chilwell next season. Next season Havertz is off to Bayern, Chilwell will still be at Leicester.
I'm more wanting Havertz to not move to Chelsea more than anything. Yeah, its a bit of a window for someone to go after Oblak. PSG maybe?

Toby

I thought Kimmich was moved to midfield? And if both Thiago and French guy moves, it would open up for Havertz.

But not as a double pivot.

Bayern are looking for

Sane Havertz Gnabry
Goretzka Kimmich

or

Havertz Goretzka
Kimmich

Thiago is their deepest midfielder. Can't really fathom they'd let him go tbh. They haven't got anyone of his ability in their team. Kimmich is much more B2B as a midfielder than an organizer.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Tbh, I guess Bayern are in his ear already. My guess is he'll stay at Leverkusen for another season and then move to Bayern on some pre architectured move for around 80m plus boni next summer.
Yeah, I suppose that makes the most sense in the end as he can become the star attraction at Bayern for years and years with a starting place in the NT too. Werner moving to Chelsea I can get as despite being pretty good he doesn't really have a lot of choices at the top end but for Bayern for Havertz seems too obvious for all.

balthazar

Tbh, I guess Bayern are in his ear already. My guess is he'll stay at Leverkusen for another season and then move to Bayern on some pre architectured move for around 80m plus boni next summer.

Hate Bayern. They basically have a monopoly on all the best talent from Germany, even to the extent of consistently poaching their nearest rivals' best players. @£$%^&*()(*&^%$£@

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Hate Bayern. They basically have a monopoly on all the best talent from Germany, even to the extent of consistently poaching their nearest rivals' best players. @£$%^&*()(*&^%$£@
If that keeps the talent away from our rivals I csn live with that.

Bloodbather

Established Member

That won't change until their competitors actually care about turning themselves into genuine competitors against Bayern and make bigger investments for their clubs. The more they agree to let players go to Bayern, the stronger the players' urge to move to Bayern gets because it reinforces the idea that Bayern is the only German outlet to compete at the highest level of club competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom