• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 659,626
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Interesting. Heard that a couple of times now. But doesn't make a lot of sense to me, Thiago is not really a Klopp player.

Looks like this could be on, I guess if there is one place Liverpool could improve it would be their midfield. Although the £100m+ they spent on Keita/Ox/Shaqiri isn't looking great right now.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Looks like this could be on, I guess if there is one place Liverpool could improve it would be their midfield. Although the £100m+ they spent on Keita/Ox/Shaqiri isn't looking great right now.

Hm. Their starting midfield looks perfect for what they are right now. Why would they need a DLP like Thiago? Klopp preparing for teams to sit even deeper against them?

On another note I can surely see Thiago leaving. On one hand all the Bayern people know how important he's to them, but he's never really gotten as much public recognition as their German starlets, always had a difficult relation with the press. They were quick on his back for average performances but never easy with praise. Could see why he would finally opt to go somewhere else.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Thiago will bring something different for liverpool they heavily dependable on thier front 3 and Robertson TAA to create chances thier midfield create so little

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I still would say the midfield is the weak point from Liverpool.

Fabinho - Thiago - X would be a huge Upgrade. Probably Wijnaldum would take the third Spot, can't See them Signing Another midfielder.

Most of their creativity is Thanks to crosses from their fullbacks or balls into the Space from Mane and Salah.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I still would say the midfield is the weak point from Liverpool.

Fabinho - Thiago - X would be a huge Upgrade. Probably Wijnaldum would take the third Spot, can't See them Signing Another midfielder.

Most of their creativity is Thanks to crosses from their fullbacks or balls into the Space from Mane and Salah.

Wijnaldum will be in his final year of contract. Think the Thiago signing will most likely mean Wijnaldum leaving. Also, can't see Klopp dropping POTS Henderson.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Interesting. Heard that a couple of times now. But doesn't make a lot of sense to me, Thiago is not really a Klopp player.

Kind of a strange deal if it goes as I also can't see what he is going to do there because he doesn't fit the style. But maybe Klopp wants to again augment their stryle by a bit. As far back when Thiago first turned up for Bayern he first showed more guile in being an initiator of forward momentum with a lot of flair before Pep played him deeper. His injuries too and Kroos, Schweini going have maybe played a part but he is still technically superb at accelerating play in the final third so he can easily take up a spot in Liverpool's midfield to provide that flair of creativity Keita has been unable to impose.

Wouldn't be surprised if its City where he ends up though.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Goal reporting Inter could buy Sanchez for 18mil, thankfully it's only Goal.com but if some reputable source starts reporting it I'll be pissed. Imagine us letting Mkhi go for nothing while Man U gets decent fee for one of the biggest flop in recent times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom