• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 663,085
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Being called as new Van Dijk apparently. I heard he wants to leave because Barca can't give him first team football.

Probably getting farmed out on loan to a bunch of Championship clubs you’d imagine.

Barca youth system is a bit of a joke, don’t really sort good loans out for their players, can’t pay well and the B team was in the third tier of Spanish football which has an awful standard of play at times.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
The money is a great consolation prize tbf.

But after his first season in the team, I am sure Jack dreamed of being Arsenal captain at 28, not being forced out of West Ham...I would be a little heartbroken if I was him after all the injuries basically taking his career away since 2015.

:lol:

Excuses.

Truth be told be he was a terrible CM, and had no end product for CAM.

Ramsey the far superior player in the end.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
28yr old Wilshere has racked up 256 club career appearances, that is a hell of a lot more than I was expecting, thought it was about 100 less.

He came back from his first injury pretty well really, had about 80 appearances in 2 seasons (2012-2014) it was that **** Paddy McNair and then Gabriel (his own teammate in training ffs) that really took it out of Jack imo.

Riou

:lol:

Excuses.

Truth be told be he was a terrible CM, and had no end product for CAM.

Ramsey the far superior player in the end.

I like both tbf, but Ramsey out did him in the end no doubt.

He wasn't a terrible CM though ffs :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He came back from his first injury pretty well really, had about 80 appearances in 2 seasons (2012-2014) it was that **** Paddy McNair and then Gabriel (his own teammate in training ffs) that really took it out of Jack imo.

Think Wenger overplayed him when he was young as well. Played a 49 game season when he was 18 years old ffs. That’s not normal.

Ferguson did the same thing to Rooney which is why I reckon he dropped off massively towards the end of his career.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Ramsey>>Wilshere. Always thought this and history has proven it.

I remember being majorly excited by Wilshere bursting onto the scene as a right winger in The Emirates Cup. I think his time here was very overrated though. In his defence however, think he was over played at a young aged. There was a stage where he was being preferred to Santi. What a **** show.

Furious

I like both tbf, but Ramsey out did him in the end no doubt.

He wasn't a terrible CM though ffs :lol:

Breakthrough season aside he was calamitous in CM, absolutely.

Dribbling into dead ends, terrible defensively, positionally, no tackling, nothing.

He was tidy, and the epitome of an Arsenal academy player technically though.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Probably getting farmed out on loan to a bunch of Championship clubs you’d imagine.

Barca youth system is a bit of a joke, don’t really sort good loans out for their players, can’t pay well and the B team was in the third tier of Spanish football which has an awful standard of play at times.

I always think their B team system is a good idea for giving the youth players chances to play against man in professional football. That's probably why they don't do loan since their B team is playing in professional comp. 3rd tier is like the league one level. Better play against League one level than U23 level imo.

However, they have been pretty joke selling lot of them and then buying them back like Pique, Fabregas, Alba and etc.

We recently just signed their 16 years old right back and others.

For Mbuyamba, I only knew from reading Barcelona comments last month about him moving to another club because he wants first team football and Barcelona couldn't give him. But still can't believe how easy they just let lot of their youth players go that easily.

Riou

Breakthrough season aside he was calamitous in CM, absolutely.

Dribbling into dead ends, terrible defensively, positionally, no tackling, nothing.

He was tidy, and the epitome of an Arsenal academy player technically though.

I thought he was still quality even post injury, up to 2015 at least...at that point the injuries had just taken too much away from him really.

This could be used to describe Rambo as well tbf :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I always think their B team system is a good idea for giving the youth players chances to play against man in professional football. That's probably why they don't do loan since their B team is playing in professional comp. 3rd tier is like the league one level.

However, they have been pretty joke selling lot of them and then buying them back like Pique, Fabregas, Alba and etc.

We recently just signed their 16 years old right back and others.

For Mbuyamba, I only knew from reading Barcelona comments last month about him moving to another club because he wants first team football and Barcelona couldn't give him. But still can't believe how easy they just let lot of their youth players go that easily.

Yeah having a B team is normally a massive advantage but the problem with the third tier in Spain is that it’s probably a worse standard of football than the National League in England.

It’s semi-professional level with 80 teams across four leagues by location. The level is way below some of the guys you’d want to be at the peak of European football eventually.

Unlike Real who seem incredible at sorting out good loans for all their youngsters they don’t seem t have a plan.

Furious

I thought he was still quality even post injury, up to 2015 at least...at that point the injuries had just taken too much away from him really.

This could be used to describe Rambo as well tbf :lol:

He had his moments, but ultimately wasn't enough. He was more of a part/support player to the big dogs, Özil, Santi, Ramsey, etc.

True, but when he wanted he could do a disciplined job. Even last year before his injury he showed that.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think Wenger overplayed him when he was young as well. Played a 49 game season when he was 18 years old ffs. That’s not normal.

Ferguson did the same thing to Rooney which is why I reckon he dropped off massively towards the end of his career.

Rooneys body type didn't help him, if he slipped on his diet and fitness regime it had huge ramifications on his form. His metabolism just didn't keep up with him.

Wasn't Jack's problem striking from that nasty ankle Injury?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Rooneys body type didn't help him, if he slipped on his diet and fitness regime it had huge ramifications on his form. His metabolism just didn't keep up with him.

Wasn't Jack's problem striking from that nasty ankle Injury?

He missed all of 2011/12 right after that 49 game season though, ignoring that cocaine conspiracy theory. Both him and Rooney were overplayed at such a young age, when you’re still developing your body isn’t designed to cope with that.

Also both of them probably weren’t taking care of themselves as well as they should be. Both liked to party quite a bit it seemed.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Thiago Silva is decent leader and experienced but the guy is 36 years old don't know how much left in tank for him

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
They should have really just kept Luiz. Looked a bit leaderless in the final & the opposite of how it used to be us vs them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom