• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 660,080
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick gould

He missed all of 2011/12 right after that 49 game season though, ignoring that cocaine conspiracy theory. Both him and Rooney were overplayed at such a young age, when you’re still developing your body isn’t designed to cope with that.

Also both of them probably weren’t taking care of themselves as well as they should be. Both liked to party quite a bit it seemed.
Fabrigas and James Milner were quite young when they started playing. I thinking marrying at a young age may have affected these boys. Shagging takes something out of a young man hence the reasons why back in the day, front line soldiers we not allowed to marry.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fabrigas and James Milner were quite young when they started playing. I thinking marrying at a young age may have affected these boys. Shagging takes something out of a young man hence the reasons why back in the day, front line soldiers we not allowed to marry.

Fabregas is another example. Guy was over hill after about 2015. Fell off badly.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thiago will be an awesome addition to Chelsea, hes still a good player and will give the young players that Chelsea are buying some leadership.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Thiago Silva is decent leader and experienced but the guy is 36 years old don't know how much left in tank for him

I agree here. 36 years old playing in PL top level expectation is really going to be too much. May be if it's for international games but for club. However, may be he still has lot in his tank, I meant the guy probably barely even breaking a sweat playing in Ligue 1 level, his leg may be still a brand new.

Although, that's probably not how footballers work. :lol:

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thiago can still manage one game a week even at his age but I dont think he will be able to do one every 3 days at his age so it will be all about how they manage him

MikeVinna

Established Member
Did Jack returning as 2002 era Triple H hinder him in any way?

Always thought Wilshere put on too much muscle on his return compared to before, his movements on the pitch looked more stiff than before to me.

Kid had some mad thick upper legs post-injury thats for sure. Shame about him. Such promise at a young age. Seemed a bit bitter in that recent interview on Arsenal.com. But I suppose I can imagine why..

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

No. But it depends on the context of the situation. If we were signing Thiago and Gabriel you'd say fair enough. But our CB situation is a total mess. With Chelsea they lack experience at the back, Silva is a world class CB who's still putting in top performances for PSG, he's exactly what they need currently.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

**** me, I thought Chelsea were signing Thiago from Bayern. This guy is Silva ffs.

I can only imagine the scenes if he was rumoured here. :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
With Chelsea they lack experience at the back

I really don't think it's an experience thing, the only young CB they have is Tomori and he didn't play basically at all in the second half of the season...think all their defenders are crap.

Their two main ones Rudiger-Zouma (26-25) is actually an older pairing than Terry-Carvalho in 2004/2005 (24-26) they don't need experience, they need better players...doubt an near 40 year old Silva, will be the answer,

Tir Na Nog

I really don't think it's an experience thing, the only young CB they have is Tomori and he didn't play basically at all in the second half of the season...think all their defenders are crap.

Their two main ones Rudiger-Zouma (26-25) is actually an older pairing than Terry-Carvalho in 2004/2005 (24-26) they don't need experience, they need better players.

I mean experience in terms of playing a top class level in big CL games, winning trophies, getting loads of caps for Brazil, being a captain, etc. He'll definitely add something. Surely people aren't denying that?

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
***** like @Tir Na Nog jealous because Silva is going to Chelsea..if he was on his way here the crying by the **** squad would be unreal, everyone would be lining up to call him finished.

This is a guy, at 36, has never played outside Italy/France. It’s a massive gamble, especially when Rudiger/Christensen/Zouma have proven to be not good enough.

Tir Na Nog

***** like @Tir Na Nog jealous because Silva is going to Chelsea..if he was on his way here the crying by the **** squad would be unreal, everyone would be lining up to call him finished.

This is a guy, at 36, has never played outside Italy/France. It’s a massive gamble, especially when Rudiger/Christensen/Zouma have proven to be not good enough.

Yawn.... Your gimmick has ran it's course. Try a different one.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I mean experience in terms of playing a top class level in big CL games, winning trophies, getting loads of caps for Brazil, being a captain, etc. He'll definitely add something. Surely people aren't denying that?

They should have just kept Big Dave if they wanted this...glad they didn't though!

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If they add in another CB alongside Thiago then maybe you could see it, but seems to me like they're prioritising 100M Havertz over the chance to sign a top CB and hoping to cop out on a free transfer.

Screams horrible business.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If they add in another CB alongside Thiago then maybe you could see it, but seems to me like they're prioritising 100M Havertz over the chance to sign a top CB and hoping to cop out on a free transfer.

Screams horrible business.

Don’t think it’s even an issue of personnel.

Lampard just can’t organise a defence to save his life, was his major problem at Derby and seems the same at Chelsea.

Always feel you’re good for a goal against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom