• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Didn’t see the first half properly. What happened?

I assume he was already on thin ice for the throw in mix up with Partey that lead to conceding a while back, has he played at all since then? All players make mistakes but seems he has made a high number of sloppy/casual mistakes in his brief time here. Arteta ain’t got time for that ;)

He made a really stupid pass back to Leno, other than that he was no worse than the others from what I saw. I think he probably wasn't following Arteta's ultra-restrictive tactics to a tee.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Poor today like most of the team. Most players are inconsistent at a young age though and it's easy to forget he's had some very good performances earlier in the season.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
His head was clearly not in the game and he made at least 4 blunders that showed it. Not a reason to give up on him but he didn't seem invested in this game today.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Didn’t see the first half properly. What happened?

I assume he was already on thin ice for the throw in mix up with Partey that lead to conceding a while back, has he played at all since then? All players make mistakes but seems he has made a high number of sloppy/casual mistakes in his brief time here. Arteta ain’t got time for that ;)
He was giving ball away nearly scored great own goal losing every 50/50, it was all round bad performance

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A poor performance overall but it's not like ge was alone in that. His sub probably started a collective jangling of nerves and scared the compliant bots out there

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was so bad it was actually quite funny :lol:. Felt a bit bad for him but most managers would have taken him off after an opening half an hour THAT bad. It's the worst 30 minute performance I can remember.
We all have bad days at the office, Arteta now has to make sure that he rebuilds his confidence after taking him off so early.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He was so bad it was actually quite funny :lol:. Felt a bit bad for him but most managers would have taken him off after an opening half an hour THAT bad. It's the worst 30 minute performance I can remember.
We all have bad days at the office, Arteta now has to make sure that he rebuilds his confidence after taking him off so early.
Could have waited until half time, not like KT came on and pulled up any trees himself :lol:

No excuse for Tavares sh*tness and Arteta's handling of it.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Tavares is still super young these kind of games will happen he was very frustrated and i understand his reaction but he need to use as learning curve

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Arteta confirm that poor performance and wanted to improve the team performance did lead to Tavares sub. But he understand if it will make story

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Could have waited until half time, not like KT came on and pulled up any trees himself :lol:

No excuse for Tavares sh*tness and Arteta's handling of it.

Yeah I completely agree and this is what I mean when I talk about the stuff I don't think I'll ever warm to about Arteta.

Jesus, there's no need to take a sledgehammer to everything, you don't have to make a point/statement all of the time; yes he was poor, but just wait till HT and make the sub at that point; there's probably no fuse being lit or controversy if that's the case.

Anyway Tavares was poor but I agree that he's young and sh!t happens.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah I completely agree and this is what I mean when I talk about the stuff I don't think I'll ever warm to about Arteta.

Jesus, there's no need to take a sledgehammer to everything, you don't have to make a point/statement all of the time; yes he was poor, but just wait till HT and make the sub at that point; there's probably no fuse being lit or controversy if that's the case.

Anyway Tavares was poor but I agree that he's young and sh!t happens.
He was poor, but while he was on the pitch they didn’t have a single chance or shot. This is not the way to treat a young player new to the country and who is a backup. If Tierney gets injured tomorrow what is he gonna do with Tavares? Obviously he has to play him and now you have highlighted to the whole world how unhappy you are with him. That just creates more pressure on him.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Thought it was a bit harsh hooking him after 30 mins. Not that he wasn't playing awful, but it's quite a statement. Think Arteta was trying to send a message to the rest of the team but it didn't work and we were just as lethargic afterwards but now he's also got a pissed off player with low confidence.

Can't defend the performance though, it was a disaster-class.

LittleMo

I did feel sorry for him but I don’t think Arteta was wrong to take him off, he looked like a disaster waiting to happen and Arteta would be getting a hard time If he cost a goal and hadn’t taken him off, given he was that bad. I think trying to lob Leno was a step to far tbh.

He’s a young kid though, and plenty of players come back from being subbed early in a game. I still think he’s got enough to be a decent player.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully a one off but not much use having a back up player that has to be hooked after 30 minutes.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Not only Tavares but if i was Arteta I'd take half of the team off in HT but of course can't do that they weren't professional today but Tavares was worst of bunch. I'm not reading in it i think he'll start against Liverpool

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Not only Tavares but if i was Arteta I'd take half of the team off in HT but of course can't do that they weren't professional today but Tavares was worst of bunch. I'm not reading in it i think he'll start against Liverpool

If we want to reach the final i think we should use Tierney, not the clown.

Pop Tart

Established Member
This is what is wrong with this club, so many gash players keep getting rewarded with appearances despite making mistakes. Tavares started well here but is just error prone and nervy right now. I think he has talent but at the moment he needs to be dropped. His confidence is shot. Try again with him in a few months not now

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom