• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Thought he looked ok in the Orlando match. He still suffers from dodgy decision making at both ends of the pitch, but he is such an athlete. Keep wondering if there is a player in there, could be really useful if he could knock the rough edges out of his game.

ash_rasul

Thought he looked ok in the Orlando match. He still suffers from dodgy decision making at both ends of the pitch, but he is such an athlete. Keep wondering if there is a player in there, could be really useful if he could knock the rough edges out of his game.
I feel the same, but I also don't really think he is much of an option right now as part of a 4 man defence. Too positionally naive for that role currently. I think he would thrive more in a wing back role where he would have more freedom and less defensive responsibility, allowing his athleticism to come into play.

I think a loan to a team that employs wing backs would be ideal for his development right now as it should see his performances improve, would allow him to build some confidence and also begin to develop some tactical awareness which is sorely lacking in his game right now.

Barry

I feel the same, but I also don't really think he is much of an option right now as part of a 4 man defence. Too positionally naive for that role currently. I think he would thrive more in a wing back role where he would have more freedom and less defensive responsibility, allowing his athleticism to come into play.

I think a loan to a team that employs wing backs would be ideal for his development right now as it should see his performances improve, would allow him to build some confidence and also begin to develop some tactical awareness which is sorely lacking in his game right now.
Yeah that's pretty much my thoughts as well although he'd be ok in a back 4 in a weaker league. He's just a bit of a headless chicken sometimes - picks the wrong option like shooting from distance instead of playing the pass or trying to lunge for a tackle when he could slow play and manage the situation. You take a player like Saliba and he is just so much calmer

ash_rasul

Yeah that's pretty much my thoughts as well although he'd be ok in a back 4 in a weaker league. He's just a bit of a headless chicken sometimes - picks the wrong option like shooting from distance instead of playing the pass or trying to lunge for a tackle when he could slow play and manage the situation. You take a player like Saliba and he is just so much calmer
Exactly. The encouraging thing is that qualities such as decision making and game management are things that can easily be developed through coaching as well as experience from consistent playing time. The Brighton loan move would have been perfect, but sadly that looks to be a non-starter for now.

Barry

Brilliant is a bit much but it would be a pleasant surprise if he gets regular game time at Marseille in an easier league and sorts out his decision making and positioning. With Zinchenko/Tierney he looks finished here but you never know - two footed player, his stats and athleticism are both top notch. Stranger things have happened.

StefanB

Tavares undoubtly has talent. The issue though is that he is not a leftback but a very offensive wingback.

In a back 4 his defensive fraility will always be exposed as he just isn't good enough, but as a wingback he might end up being a sensational player if he can iron out some of his weaknesses and keeps on working hard. His biggest issue is his concentration though. Might just need some time.

Pulp

If anything, a good loan spell at Marseille should up his value for potential buyers next summer, as others here have pointed out. I am unsure if he ever will learn enough defensive discipline to be good enough for Arsenal though. Might not just be PL material. Best of luck to him on his loan anyways!

jake

If anything, a good loan spell at Marseille should up his value for potential buyers next summer, as others here have pointed out. I am unsure if he ever will learn enough defensive discipline to be good enough for Arsenal though. Might not just be PL material. Best of luck to him on his loan anyways!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Brilliant is a bit much but it would be a pleasant surprise if he gets regular game time at Marseille in an easier league and sorts out his decision making and positioning. With Zinchenko/Tierney he looks finished here but you never know - two footed player, his stats and athleticism are both top notch. Stranger things have happened.
He is awfully undisciplined though. All over the place with his decision making. I'd love for him to become successful but it is a good way to go first.

Barry

That's better than anything Tierney has shown for us in the last two years. Hope he gets another shot by whoever comes after Arteta leaves for PSG next summer.

Premier League Football GIF by Arsenal

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Hope he gets another shot by whoever comes after Arteta leaves for PSG next summer.

I’d want a second opinion on a lot of players post Arteta if they are still around.

The way he’s rubbished a lot of guys (or favoured them) and everyone has blindly taken his word for it I’ve found very hard to take.

Had Conte or certain other managers done it I wouldn’t have questioned it as much, so I am aware some of it is my own issues.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom