• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Obafemi Martins

Status
Not open for further replies.

number_0

Established Member
Re: Obafemi Martins to Arsenal?

The only thing he has in common with ade, is they literly score against Sp**s every single game.

**** just reliezed i messed up my post, silly computer

stuart

Established Member
Re: Obafemi Martins to Arsenal?

Thats a good trick :lol:

We wont sign Martins. He can keep dreaming. The only chance he has of joining Arsenal is if Wenger wants another striker on top of Adebayor.

GaelForce22

Established Member
It's Oba Martins time again...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/engla...rtins-linked-with-arsenal-everton-aston-villa
Newcastle United striker Obafemi Martins could well be the first big name to leave the Toon, as the club try to trim their expensive squad in readiness for a bid to win promotion from the Championship at the first time of asking.

The player's agent has told Sky Sports News that three of the Premier League's upper echelon are interested in taking the player away from St James' Park, with Arsenal, Everton and Aston Villa all believed to covet the striker, known for his pace and sharpness.

The player had reputedly been unhappy at the Tyneside club back in January, but showed renewed commitment in the Magpies' doomed bid to avoid dropping out of the top tier of English football for the first time since 1993, when, in response to temporary manager Alan Shearer's urgings, he played through the pain barrier to try and provide some much needed goals. He was carrying a groin strain at the time, and may require surgey in the close season to rid him of the lingering problem.

Everton and Villa managers David Moyes and Martin O'Neill have revealed in recent days that they are looking to add a greater depth of quality to their respective squads, as well as boosting numbers as they look to break into the big four.

Many observers have identified defensive reinforcements as being a priority for the Gunners, but Arsène Wenger may yet be tempted to add some genuine pace to his attack.

It is unclear what price the player would fetch at the current moment, as the turmoil continues at the Toon, where issues of ownership and management are still undecided, to say the least.

Martins, 24, joined the Magpies in 2006 from Italian giants Inter for £10 million, and has scored 28 league goals during his time with the Toon.

NWgunner

Re: It's that time again...

He is ALWAYS linked to us. I think he's good enough for Villa Everton, but not good enough for us. Decent enough player though.

Goonereagle

I wish we'd forget about Martins.

Apart feels that, given regular football and with better players around him he'd be a big time threat. He is quick, powerful and can spank the ball.

Still, I'd rather Vela, Eduardo, Walcott and Bendtners potential than Martins' possible threat. If thinks didn't go well, I could see the fans gettin' on his back.

Unforgiven

Established Member

descent striker but we could do much better than him. I do admire the strength he has and he can get a shot out of anything, but he is not the best finisher.

Pies

Always liked him.

Obviously not the most complete striker we've seen, but pace and power like that can always cause problems. Don't think we are seriously looking at him though to be honest. Could see him doing well in a good setup. I heard he was moving to Fiorentina.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

We are linked with Trabelsi! Get in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom