• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Obafemi Martins

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Re: It's Oba Martins time again...

WENGER IS TO PAY OBA THE ODDS
EXCLUSIVE
Alan Nixon; Dave Kidd; Steve Bates; Scott Piecha; Tom Hopkinson; Alan Oliver; Pete Jenson; Wayne Veysey

Arsène Wenger will launch a cut-price £7million bid for Obafemi Martins.

The ARSENAL boss hopes to take advantage of the turmoil atNewcastle by using some of his funds from the sale of Emmanuel Adebayor to nab Martins on the cheap.

Toon owner Mike Ashley could be tempted to cash in on Martins, 24, who has been on Wenger'sradar since before his move from Inter Milan in 2006.

The Emirates chief is desperate to replace Manchester City-bound Adebayor and Gunners sources say he hopes to sign two strikers before the season starts. Newcastle still owe Inter £4m for Martins as the £10m fee was to be paid at £2m a year over the course of his five-year contract. French clubs Lyon and Marseille have also shown an interest in Martins.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.people.co.uk/news/news/tm_method=full%26objectID=21531229%26siteID=93463-name_page.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.people.co.uk/news/news/tm_method=fu ... _page.html</a>

Surely all those writers cannot be wrong. :lol:

progman07

Established Member

Yes we will spend 7m on an average 36 year-old.

This rumour keeps coming up every single year. :lol:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

if we're gonna bother with anyone from Newcastle, i would rather it be Bassong..

fabo

6.51 / 10

I like Martins tbh - pace and power could go a long way in this Arsenal team. Inconsistent in front of goal but most strikers are. Never going to happen though and I don't think we need him.

Worrying that we are linked with all these forward players when the weakness down the spine of the team is there for everyone to see.

Meatwad

GoonerGurjit said:
WENGER IS TO PAY OBA THE ODDS
EXCLUSIVE
Alan Nixon; Dave Kidd; Steve Bates; Scott Piecha; Tom Hopkinson; Alan Oliver; Pete Jenson; Wayne Veysey

Arsène Wenger will launch a cut-price £7million bid for Obafemi Martins.

The ARSENAL boss hopes to take advantage of the turmoil atNewcastle by using some of his funds from the sale of Emmanuel Adebayor to nab Martins on the cheap.

Toon owner Mike Ashley could be tempted to cash in on Martins, 24, who has been on Wenger'sradar since before his move from Inter Milan in 2006.

The Emirates chief is desperate to replace Manchester City-bound Adebayor and Gunners sources say he hopes to sign two strikers before the season starts. Newcastle still owe Inter £4m for Martins as the £10m fee was to be paid at £2m a year over the course of his five-year contract. French clubs Lyon and Marseille have also shown an interest in Martins.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.people.co.uk/news/news/tm_method=full%26objectID=21531229%26siteID=93463-name_page.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.people.co.uk/news/news/tm_me ... _page.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Surely all those writers cannot be wrong. :lol:
That's the most ridiculous **** I've ever seen from the tabloid press. 8 writers? Jebus christ what are they, 15 year old interns combining for a school report?

kamikaze80

Established Member

martins has been 24 for like, 4 yrs now. or are they just recycling a 4 yr old rumour? :wink:

i'm hearing we're also in for trez and *shock* possibly totti as well??

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

LOL.. not likely for either of them.. Trez would want WAY more wages than we would ever give him and Totti will NEVER EVER EVER EVER leave Roma.. if we're gonna try to get anyone from Roma, lets go for DeRossi

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yep we need another injury prone striker who's X(where X between 30 and 36) years old.

Asterix

Established Member

I'm locking this - he may not have signed for Wolfsburg quite yet, but he sure as eggs isn't coming here.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Thursday 13. May 10.: Gunners set to swoop for Nigerian pacehead

Bullshitrumour.com understands that Arsenal London are set to swoop for Nigerian wonderkid Obafemi Martins.

Having endured a rough end to the Premiership campaign, which saw the Gunners ship goals left, right and centre, Arsène Wenger has paid lipservice to his side's defensive frailities, and is now braced to bolster his side's attack by closing in on a deal to sign the highly rated youngster.

Martins, 19, currently plies his trade in Germany, after having enjoyed lengthy spells in England and Italy. He is believed to be open to a move to The Emirates, and claims that he is excited by the prospect of lining up alongside the likes of Theo Walcott, and Denilson.

Scouts representing Arsenal have watched the Nigerian dynamo for 12 years now, and have convinced Wenger that now's the time to pounce.

A cash plus player deal is being mooted, which will see fit again Robin van Persie head to die Bundesliga along with £35m.

Wenger has stated that he will not make sweeping changes this summer, but that he may add just one player to his attack.

Martins is currently nursing a damaged cruciate ligament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom