• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

As much as I like and rate KT, when this guy starts its night & day. Also seemed so composed and ran the show from LB, felt his time at City showed a lot tonight.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
You can’t even compare this guy with KT. Zinny is essentially an extra midfielder, it’s no mystery why the manger loves him so.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
So so tidy, picked up the ball everywhere. Helped break Newcastles high press in the first 15 minutes. Made sure we didnt rest on our laurels and kept the pressure going and was constantly finding players in space when he got any space.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Man of the match performance tonight for me. Came to life, especially in the second half.

Zinchenko, Magalhaes, TP5 and Saliba were all solid as rocks tonight. Managed a high pressure team, who wants to get physical, so so well. Gave us the base to build consistent attacks, without much fear of a counter attack.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I would like to see him occasionally operating in Xhaka's role with Tierney playing LB just to see how it works. He's a wonderful player, maybe even better than Ødegaard and Jesus technically and the engine he has for the demands that Arteta puts on him in all phases of play is absolutely remarkable.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I would like to see him occasionally operating in Xhaka's role with Tierney playing LB just to see how it works. He's a wonderful player, maybe even better than Ødegaard and Jesus technically and the engine he has for the demands that Arteta puts on him in all phases of play is absolutely remarkable.

Late in games like this, we really should try it... Newcastle weren't even trying to attack bar set plays anyway.

Would have helped Ødegaard too, having an equally talented player to work with high up and in the middle of the pitch.

Hoping Arteta tries it, if this happens again.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Fantastic passing from him, combines so well with others. A few brain farts like the rest, but it was a rough game

StefanB

He's class. I was very worried about his defensive deficiencies, but my God he's good going forward.

He will sometimes have defensive lapses, but what he contributes going forward makes up for it pretty much every time.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He’s a beautiful technician. I’d like to see him further forward though. Things happen when he’s close to the box. We need to get him in those areas more often.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I liked his progressive passing and kept Almiron who been on form out of the game
I thought Almiron was their best attacker on the field? How is this possible?

What I find interesting, is that all the doubts against his defensive qualities, are a overblown. He is no liability when defending, very wise mostly. I have expected him to make more mistakes, and he hasn't much at all. Only problem has been injuries.

Tierney is better defensively, but Zinchenko makes up for it in this technique and vision, even if KT is no slouch in the LB role.

What is clearly seen, is that Zinchenko and Partey keep it ticking, while White will do his things on the side, making more overlapping runs with his physique. Gabriel gives a nice longer pass too once in a while, either through the middle or long.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mate on twitter made the point that Zinchenko and Xhaka being in the same team is redundant and after watching that 2nd half I'm kinda inclined to agree. I thought Zinchenko was very good though and I like his role in the team currently - don't think we need to move him forward even, I'm happy with what he's doing.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’s certainly nice having technicians in the backline, especially when they’re tactically free to come into central midfield

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mate on twitter made the point that Zinchenko and Xhaka being in the same team is redundant and after watching that 2nd half I'm kinda inclined to agree. I thought Zinchenko was very good though and I like his role in the team currently - don't think we need to move him forward even, I'm happy with what he's doing.
I get what he means, when we’re deep and in possession Xhaka just goes wide to where you’d expect a conventional LB to be, whilst Zinchenko takes Xhaka’s spot in midfield. There is the chance that Xhaka drags an oppositional CM wide whilst in this position transition but further forward we see the main difference, Xhaka attacks into the box leaving no one to do an overlap. As Martinelli is excellent at beating his man to the byline and getting a cutback into the box I think this is a positive trade off for this team.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

This is one of the reasons why we don’t have such an over reliability on TP5 anymore. Zinchenko being able to operate as our six. Xhaka can do the same from deep because of our build up system.

Need to invest in a player to rotate with Zinny from deep, think that could be behind the Bennacer talk. Possibly Tielemans as well.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This is one of the reasons why we don’t have such an over reliability on TP5 anymore. Zinchenko being able to operate as our six. Xhaka can do the same from deep because of our build up system.

Need to invest in a player to rotate with Zinny from deep, think that could be behind the Bennacer talk. Possibly Tielemans as well.
Does anyone, anywhere hit line breaking passes as well as Zinchenko? or do I need to expand my football viewing?

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Joy to watch. Get in Muddy R. too and we have an Ukrainian left side in this team who's able to tear players to pieces like himars.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom