• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

If we had a few more players that scored 99 goals in 5 years, the team might be a bit more successful. In a time where Wenger has been let down by so many players he nursed through lean times, I am grateful for Giroud accepting a squad role. There are quite few players come though this team recently that have ideas above their station, but he is not one of them.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Didn't he once go 18 games in a row or whatever without scoring and lost us the league title?
That stat is a bit skewed to be honest. A lot of those appearances were as a sub if I remember correctly. Also, do you know how many chances he missed in all that time? Let's just say the service wasn't exactly 5 star

Tywin

That stat is a bit skewed to be honest. A lot of those appearances were as a sub if I remember correctly. Also, do you know how many chances he missed in all that time? Let's just say the service wasn't exactly 5 star

It came up to close to 900 mins without a goal. I don't know how you can blame the service when he had Özil who does nothing else but create chances feeding him. No revision required here he was so brutal at one point that he was dropped for Sanogo in a few key matches.

He's a squad level player everyone agrees on that. Happy to have him on the bench but put him in the first team for a prolonged period and he will show why he belongs on the bench.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...

tcahill

It came up to close to 900 mins without a goal. I don't know how you can blame the service when he had Özil who does nothing else but create chances feeding him. No revision required here he was so brutal at one point that he was dropped for Sanogo in a few key matches.

He's a squad level player everyone agrees on that. Happy to have him on the bench but put him in the first team for a prolonged period and he will show why he belongs on the bench.

Probably doesn't help that he's a target man by trade, and we're probably the worst team style-wise for a target man to play for.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Didn't he once go 18 games in a row or whatever without scoring and lost us the league title?
It was actually Wenger's inability to sign a great striker to share the goalscoring burden with Giroud that cost us the title. Giroud probably did the best he could in terms of his capabilities.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If anyone ever bothered to look at other players goal tally that season, Giroud and Sanchez scored over 50% (54% if my memory still recall 24 goals & 17 goals respectively), and Walcott our third highest top score only got to 9 goal all competition.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/arsenal-fc/leistungsdaten/verein/11/plus/0?reldata=&2015

Wenger inability to provide another player to rotate with Giroud and Sanchez in goal productivity is more to blame.
Culminating in this season Sanchez clearly fed up having to carry every season, and wanting to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom