• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next 8 games...

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Every home game there should be a win, the away games make me nervous after last season.

Mraven

Not too worried about the results this first half of the season. I want to see Leno get his chance and Nelson playing games from the bench.

Nelson needs to start getting experience at top level and we’re desperate for a player of his mould out wide.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It raises an interesting deeper question for me actually.

What type of performance with those eight games, would put Emery's position under threat?

Two more losses, three more?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
West Ham (H) 3pts
Cardiff (A) 3pts
Newcastle(A) 1pt
Everton(H) 3pts
Watford(H) 3pts
Fulham(A) 3pts
Leicester(H) 3pts
Palace(A) 3pts

22/24pts, it could be 24/24 but I don't want to get greedy so thought I'd find a draw somewhere.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Please bench Guendouzi

Take these on papper easier games to really cement our foundation organized defensive game

Can we please get to see Xhaka AND Torreira my prediction is that those two together would be super solid defensivly and can offer something forward to.

Let Guendouzi tear weak euro leagues apart and cup games and use him as the icing on the cake instead, only children likes to eat only frosting it is not good for you

The main problems you fanboyz and haterz here have is that you rather go go a pretty win and get an ugly loss than go for the ugly win and get it.

Still thinking like Wenger and it baffles me that Emery makes the same mistake

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
You’ve posted this on every thread mate!

I’m thinking that you may not be his biggest fan.

This is the thing thou

Being a fan doesn't mean blindly praising people regardless of performance that is wengerthink a culture mentality
Same mentality is seen time and time again when people critique certain players who doesn't deserve it
And praise those who havent earned it

I think he is a huge talent, but too unfinished at this point. He messes up our collective defense by being out of position

Play him on the wing, play him in Europe and cups and let him even out

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
This is the thing thou

Being a fan doesn't mean blindly praising people regardless of performance that is wengerthink a culture mentality
Same mentality is seen time and time again when people critique certain players who doesn't deserve it

I think he is a huge talent, but too unfinished at this point. He messes up our collective defense by being out of position

He has been our best midfielder... In a new league... Against top teams. Didn't look that much out of place.

Your dislike of him is rather unjustified.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Its really nothing to do with Wenger or his thinking.

Emery / Sven brought the kid in from the second division & 11 months on his contract for 7m! We could have waited a few months for the pre agreement but no we wanted him in now.

Emery has played him straight off the bat in two beast games for 180 minutes while changing / subbing all other midfielders.

Its Emery that clearly believes in & trusts the kid to perform now.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Its really nothing to do with Wenger or his thinking.

Emery / Sven brought the kid in from the second division & 11 months on his contract for 7m! We could have waited a few months for the pre agreement but no we wanted him in now.

Emery has played him straight off the bat in two beast games for 180 minutes while changing / subbing all other midfielders.

Its Emery that clearly believes in & trusts the kid to perform now.

Wenger also believed in youngsters too much, to the detriment of the team

And posters here still value potential too much
Ability NOW is most important

And as it is now he is not the correct player profile for the job he needs to do first and foremost

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Wenger also believed in youngsters too much, to the detriment of the team

And posters here still value potential too much
Ability NOW is most important

And as it is now he is not the correct player profile for the job he needs to do first and foremost

I just dont see the evidence to suggest Emery is believing in him to the detriment of the team or the player not implementing the managers tactics on the pitch.

Against City Emery subbed Ramsey out on 55' & Xhaka on 77'. Against Chelsea Emery subbed Xhaka at halftime & Ramsey on 68'. Both games suggest the manager is happy with the kid & values him higher than other midfielders right now.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I just dont see the evidence to suggest Emery is believing in him to the detriment of the team or the player not implementing the managers tactics on the pitch.

Against City Emery subbed Ramsey out on 55' & Xhaka on 77'. Against Chelsea Emery subbed Xhaka at halftime & Ramsey on 68'. Both games suggest the manager is happy with the kid & values him higher than other midfielders right now.

Yes and I cant see why

From the overhead view you get from the camera /tv Guendouzi is clearly out of position in defense

Emery should be seeing that to

So that leads me to believe Emery is doing some sort of mental game and i dont care for that either

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
This is the thing thou

OK - but it seems a bit extreme to express this on about six different threads in the space of an hour. Just my opinion though. Carry on!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Our buildup from the back was better than it was vs City, the 2nd goal was a thing of beauty going from the keeper all the way through to Iwobi scoring in the box. We showed resilience and that we're capable of creating chances with the talent we have. We're going to improve constantly as the season progresses and this run of fixtures is the perfect time to get some confidence and some momentum going.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
OK - but it seems a bit extreme to express this on about six different threads in the space of an hour. Just my opinion though. Carry on!

It needs to be said

Because the hype and praise He is getting is feeling like a circlejerk

Maybe it snaps someone out of the cult mentality

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom