• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ousmane Dembele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prawn Sandwich

I just feel Dembele would have been able to play a more involved role in the sort of attacking game we played last night.

When it is fast, intricate and there is lots of movement carving teams open it is easy to criticise Giroud as a lamp post. But he can still play an important squad role off the bench and when teams are proving to be difficult to break down, he was vital vs. Leicester at home, for example.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's one of them players who excites you whenever he gets the ball, one v one with a defender he's winning most of the time like Montero at Swansea or our very own Ox.

The decision making is what sets him apart though and there's still room for growth there, he often takes on one more man than necessary or shoots when he should pass or vice versa. Despite that he's an end product machine.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
It's difficult though, there is admittedly a gulf in quality between Ligue 1 and the EPL. We can safely say though that Dembele has outperformed Martial when compared to what the latter produced in Ligue 1.
That's true, comparing the stats between the two in different leagues is pretty pointless. I will say that Jardim at Monaco is known to be a negative manager. Dembele certainly does look a potential superstar though.

It really depends on how young players develop, none of them are the finished article. For example, Origi was voted as flop of the season in France but look how much he has progressed recently.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Yeah great shout, didn't Hazard turn us down in summer 2011 because he wanted a bigger fee for Lille? Could be a similar deal.

Yeah he had already won YPOTY twice and then a POTY as Lille won the title but he still stayed another year, won POTY again (they didnt win the league our boy Giroud did) but it wasn't because no big clubs were after him before then, most believe it was to help Lille pay for the stadium they were building.

It opened a month after he moved to Chelsea in the summer of 2012.

lille_052433e79bffe4c21c4fd24b96c7c92a.jpg

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah he had already won YPOTY twice and then a POTY as Lille won the title but he still stayed another year, won POTY again (they didnt win the league our boy Giroud did) but it wasn't because no big clubs were after him before then, most believe it was to help Lille pay for the stadium they were building.

It opened a month after he moved to Chelsea in the summer of 2012.

lille_052433e79bffe4c21c4fd24b96c7c92a.jpg

What a guy, he's a
fXS2BYP.jpg

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

There goes all my hope for this summer fam.

High potential youngster who plays in one of our weakest positions, available for a good price in the country where we supposedly have our best scouting links.

If I hear "I could have signed Dembele" I'll come for him blud.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

What the **** does Grimandi do? Goes to Lille to scout Hazard for years and comes back with Gerboué.

If we're going to sack anyone we need to sack this **** first.
He needs to taste glass. Guy has been bantering us off for years.

The invincibles were made off of Wenger spotting a golden generation and taking advantage. Don't know why we're completely ignoring the madness going on in France right now.

Oh wait we signed Jeff and Fortune.

Aevi

Hale End FC
How reliable is Kicker though?

Dortmund can't guarantee him first team football with Reus or Mkhitaryan there, and it's something all of them would want, so surely either this link is garbage or one of the two is leaving.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Dortmund can't guarantee him first team football with Reus or Mkhitaryan there, and it's something all of them would want, so surely either this link is garbage or one of the two is leaving.

Or seen as he's just a kid he won't mind a lack of first team football.

Seriously this pisses me off, I've come to accept we won't go for wonderkids going for 50M+ or whatever but 5 ****ing million? Really?

BBF

Or, you know... They have significant pull in the transfer market. He'd be a mug to decline top clubs based on him not starting. He's a kid, he can't demand anything.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Or seen as he's just a kid he won't mind a lack of first team football.

Seriously this pisses me off, I've come to accept we won't go for wonderkids going for 50M+ or whatever but 5 ****ing million? Really?
Or, you know... They have significant pull in the transfer market. He'd be a mug to decline top clubs based on him not starting. He's a kid, he can't demand anything.
If he's a serious top talent, he needs to be playing. Being a "top top talent" doesn't go both ways, you can't claim he's all that and then say he can't demand anything. I will cede though that I forgot Dortmund will be getting CL next season though, he'll have opportunities in some way, which should be good for him. I see one of Reus or Mkhitaryan leaving after next season anyways.

With you @Rex Banner, the 5 million has me going mental, no ****ing way can that be let to happen after all this hype. That's so wrong, especially since we haven't been linked to it in any way. Have we no ambition ffs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom