• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pablo Mari: 2019/2020 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We should’ve got top 4 last season and we got into the EL final, then went on to spend 140M in the summer. This season we’ve fallen off a cliff.

Last summer killed us, lost and never replaced a monster in Ramsey, sold Iwobi and never signed an LW, signed a poor Cb in Luiz who was shocking until Arteta arrived and he’s still making mistakes. Loaned Dani and he’s had 2 good games etc.

Feels weird still blaming Wenger.
Depends how far back you want to go. Emery was trying to play catch up by the time he came in though.

Makes more sense to blame the guy who took us out of the CL rather than the guy who couldn’t get us back in.

Kav

Established Member
Depends how far back you want to go. Emery was trying to play catch up by the time he came in though.

Makes more sense to blame the guy who took us out of the CL rather than the guy who couldn’t get us back in.
Nevermind that Wenger had us in it for what 20 years straight? I can't blame Wenger for that when i know we had people like Gazidis and Law above him making decisions with the kroenke's.

Yes he's responsible for a lot but i won't blame wenger. Its been shown since he left that the board has been unwilling to spend. We've only made one significant purchase and well he's not exactly set the league alight either.

Edit:

To be on topic, i like what i see so far in Pablo. I hope that he settles in and is able to contribute. I think he's a good defender. I also will acknowledge that he's not the athletic type of defender that I think we need (Our back line is weak to balls over the top and fast counter attacks).

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Nevermind that Wenger had us in it for what 20 years straight? I can't blame Wenger for that when i know we had people like Gazidis and Law above him making decisions with the kroenke's.

Yes he's responsible for a lot but i won't blame wenger. Its been shown since he left that the board has been unwilling to spend. We've only made one significant purchase and well he's not exactly set the league alight either.

Edit:

To be on topic, i like what i see so far in Pablo. I hope that he settles in and is able to contribute. I think he's a good defender. I also will acknowledge that he's not the athletic type of defender that I think we need (Our back line is weak to balls over the top and fast counter attacks).
I don't see how you can't blame Wenger.

So the twenty years he kept us in were because of him but once his performance levels dropped out its no longer his fault?

I think people get defensive over Wenger but I'm not actively trying to start some Wenger hate bridgade. It's simply a fact that his decline in managerial ability along with the summer window of 2015 played a big part in the club's decline.

Kav

Established Member
I don't see how you can't blame Wenger.

So the twenty years he kept us in were because of him but once his performance levels dropped out its no longer his fault?

I think people get defensive over Wenger but I'm not actively trying to start some Wenger hate bridgade. It's simply a fact that his decline in managerial ability along with the summer window of 2015 played a big part in the club's decline.

I didn't articulate my thoughts very well. What i should have said was ...
I don't blame wenger entirely and he gets the least amount of stick from me because we have been a selling club since 2006. I don't know why some fans have-not accepted this truth.

We had to sell to pay off debts for the stadium and we didn't climb out of that situation until around 2013/14 when some investments were finally made into the squad. So in light of this i don't blame entirely Wenger when his hands were tied in terms of transfers and squad rebuilding.

In short he was always rebuilding his squad. Yes he's responsible and had a part to play in our decline (in particular his last 2 seasons), but if the upper executives are giving you a basket to carry water you will fail.

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I don't blame wenger entirely and he gets the least amount of stick from me because we have been a selling club since 2006. I don't know why some fans have-not accepted this truth.

We had to sell to pay off debts for the stadium and we didn't climb out of that situation until around 2013/14 when some investments were finally made into the squad. So in light of this i don't blame entirely Wenger when his hands were tied in terms of transfers and squad rebuilding.

In short he was always rebuilding his squad. Yes he's responsible and had a part to play in our decline (in particular his last 2 seasons), but if the upper executives are giving you a basket to carry water you will fail.
Agreed. We should have aimed for the title and got the CL as a consolation prize.

When your ultimate aim is the CL it's no surprise if you eventually fall short...

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

I agree there but he practically created this **** show we're in since the finances loosened up. Majority of his signings continue to hold this team back.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Thought he looked very decent v. West Ham, has to be said. I trust Arteta on this, if we signing him on the perm. Handsome mafaka as well, very easy on the eyes

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Fair enough if you want to troll a player coming in on the cheap and underperforms. But a player that has played 2 games? Jesus.
But what do i know!

say yes

forum master baiter
He looked pretty good in the two appearances he had for us, but that’s much too small a sample size for me to have any real opinion on this.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Arteta has another Spanish lad signed up to sing Livin La Vida Loca with. Maybe he can secure Ceballos, bring in Rodrigo, Partey, Fekir and Coutinho speak Spanish and how is that Spanish youngster from La Massia getting on here?

Spanish Armada led by Arteta.

Mari is probably a better bet than Holding and Sokratis at the moment. Him, Luiz, Salibah and Chambers is okay, but we need a star amongst this.

Selling Mustafi, Sokratis and maybe 1 more has to result in a substantially better player being bought in or it is a waste of time.

truth_hurts

He must have something about him if bought by Pep and playing for The South American champions.

So far Big **** Raul has wasted 30 M on Sokrates, Luiz and Mari and then another 30 M on teenager that wont be ready in next 2-4 years.

Im not sure about this at all.

truth_hurts

So far Big **** Raul has wasted 30 M on Sokrates, Luiz and Mari and then another 30 M on teenager that wont be ready in next 2-4 years.

Im not sure about this at all.

He's saved us 150m by signing Saka to a new deal and plucking Martinelli from the streets of Brazil.

El Grande Dicko Raul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom