• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true then I'm really pissed off at Paddy. Sure I can appreciate what he has done for the club for 8 years but I can't respect the manner in which he has done this. Especially considering the fact that he repeatedly said he is going to stay at Arsenal. I would have had more respect if he had came out and said that he was at least considering joining real madrid. Fair play to you guys who can still understand him going to madrid but he has lost alot of respect from me personally

A

Anonymous

blair its not arsenal's fault .. i believe its vieiras ... surely vieira and dein and wenger have had thoughts and vieira has said that hes not sure if he wants to stay therefore forcing arsenal to sell in a way - if he thinks hes bigger than arsenal then so be it he has served us well in the past 8 season i just hope his career flops for making such a bad descision ;)

Sol man

I don't think its fair to say that he has been disloyal. The only reason I am angry is the fact the guy says he will not leave at the end of last season and he has left us in the dark on what was happening.

Bye bye paddy but I don't wish you any luck whatsoever at madrid

Gregwin04

i would realy like any sort of statment from arsenal right about now.. evan if it is on the website. conferming or denying the bid atleast

beanz

I'm not going to be counting any burning chicken filled bridges until after the fat lady stops singing :?

r_blair2

Its arsenals fault for selling him at such a low price........if real wanted him so badly they surely could of done a better business deal and raised the cost.

deeplennon

About the price - let's be realistic... Patrick's 28 and this isn't the transfer market of 3-5 years ago. Unless you're Chelsea, then it's twice that.

I just hope Arsenal invest £10-15 million of that back into his replacement.

R9

Iit's sad to see him leave but we are the Gunners. Hey mats , he could go free the last season & we have to give him a credit for that.

Sol man

r_blair2 said:
Its arsenals fault for selling him at such a low price........if real wanted him so badly they surely could of done a better business deal and raised the cost.
No it isn't arsenals fault its Vieira's. He has left things too late so the board have no time to keep negotiating especially if we want to bring in a replacement.

KingReyes

Established Member
Things that were my concern if Paddy left/leaves

1. Fee: Would allow us to get a good replacement which I feel there is time to find one and possibly have leftover if needed for another player

2. Team Spirit: The MOST important thing about this whole thing. Lets not forget people we are not a one man team. Lets remember the other players in our squad. If Paddy leaves I hope the team spriit remains strong to get us through the season. He is a vital part of that unity and spirit and being captain could have a massive effect.

But if one man can assure me of my concerns its Arsène Wenger.

R9

deeplennon said:
About the price, let's be realistic... He's 28 and it isn't the market of 3-5 years ago. Unless your Chelsea, than it's twice that.
And he had a knee injure the last 2 years. The Overmars syndrom :?:

Alexone234

Did I miss something, but Vieira has not left yet. He is still an Arsenal player, he hasn't been "disloyal", £18m has not been accepted and therefore we have not been "low balled" and the official Wenger line is still that Pat will lead the team out against Everton if fit.

So stop worrying.

r_blair2

Been thinking about this and I feel this is a big stage for the arsenal team. Team spirit will hopefully stay.....change of captain should go to sol who keeps the spirit high.......the replacement will have to be someone who has experience in Europe if we r to succeed in the CL...I keep comparing the situation with the anelka one. He was a big player for us at the time. With the money from him we purchased Thierry Henry and we all know what happened there. I just hope a similar outcome for the Vieira transfer.

A

Anonymous

Alexone234 said:
Did I miss something, but Vieira has not left yet. He is still an Arsenal player, he hasn't been "disloyal", £18m has not been accepted and therefore we have not been "low balled" and the official Wenger line is still that Pat will lead the team out against Everton if fit.

So stop worrying.

ur right alex 18m hasnt been accepted ... didnt u read 23.1m has been accepted? lol silly bugger :p should read a couple pages back hun theres a link there somewhere :D

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I've learnt tonight that some things in life are important than whether Mr Vieira considers our team good enough to win the CL or not.

So, this is really my last post on this topic that really has gone on far too long now.

If he stays, great, if not, well we'll be richer financially and I think we'll cope on the pitch. As we did last autumn.

mikenab

:cry: If it's true it's a sad day alright. I was really thinking that Arsène had pulled off his big persuasion. What is hard to take is the fact that as our number one man and Club Captain - the heart and soul of the team - he still feels the need to go. All the same it can't have been easy for him, but after 8 glorious years I still say good luck Paddy hope to see back at the home of football sometime in the future.

Looking back every time we lost what we thought of as an irreplacable player, Arsène has come up with somebody better in terms of the overall team. Lets hope he can pull it off again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom