• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira

scytheavatar

Established Member
tactica442 said:
The real problem is with Wenger and his team's false promises. Had the team won a trophy or two in the recent years, we wouldn't feel so.... (pick your word) about Vieira.

Vieira contributed far more to our present woes than what many of you guys think. Like I said, he's the original model of loyalty to our club, guys like Henry, Cesc, Flamini, Hleb and Nasri all look at how Vieira behaved years ago and they all probably all wondered that if a former captain could go around whoring himself to other clubs why can't they do the same? Don't even get me started on how Vieira contributed greatly in Ashley Cole turning into a bastard. I have a hard time understanding why Roy Keane could be a proud captain of Utd and never had transfer stories surrounding him, unlike Vieira.

Just look at Henry, that guy left us but he was eager to maintain his ties to the club and he always says nothing but positive things about us. He's obvious proud to have been a gunner. When was the last time Vieira ever said anything good about us?

IBL

Established Member
Big player for Arsenal and a legend but he never had the red Arsenal blood coursing through his veins like Henry has. All those summers of flirting with Madrid and Juventus he never once came out to reassure fans like Henry did.

His loyalty is with money pretty much, still have fond memories of his time with us.

cloista

Let's see...

Great player, best central midfielder we've ever had. Decent skipper, but not a patch on Adams. Mercenary and a bit of a twunt, but still a legend for what he did on the pitch (no matter what was happening off it, he always played with the same commitment).

burnsjed

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
On a side note, I can't believe how any could take my comment about Vieira being a big black bully seriously. Bloody hell.

Sorry mate, without any type of emotion it is impossible to interpret.
I didn't really think that is all you thought of him, otherwise I would have made a far stronger point!

goonerwarsh

Established Member
cloista said:
Let's see...

Great player, best central midfielder we've ever had. Decent skipper, but not a patch on Adams. Mercenary and a bit of a twunt, but still a legend for what he did on the pitch (no matter what was happening off it, he always played with the same commitment).

My sentiments entirely

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
He's an ex-Arsenal player who I have nothing against. He's employed by a rival team and its expected that he's going to talk them up. They sign the cheque every month. If he was retired and lounging around in a French Chateau, drinking a bottle of wine whilst a jurno is asking for his opinion on us and other things, he might say something different.

outlaw_member

Established Member
burnsjed said:
outlaw_member said:
On a side note, I can't believe how any could take my comment about Vieira being a big black bully seriously. Bloody hell.

Sorry mate, without any type of emotion it is impossible to interpret.
I didn't really think that is all you thought of him, otherwise I would have made a far stronger point!

You weren't the only one, I also received a PM for my troubles.

Vieira would come off as one compared to the suave, charismatic figures that were Henry, Pires and Ljungberg. Those guys were as much super models as they were top class footballers, Vieira was well, a big black bully in comparison. :mrgreen:

outlaw_member

Established Member
I also agree that his leadership and captaining ability has been overplayed. I think that was the one area in which Roy Keane was superior than him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
outlaw_member said:

Can't believe you. You're so racist :wink:

alboots101

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
cloista said:
Let's see...

My sentiments entirely

And mine.

scytheavatar

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/948347/samir-nasri:-manchester-city-fans-more-%27passionate%27-than-arsenal?cc=4716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... al?cc=4716</a>

Still think that Vieira is an Arsenal legend?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Vieira was always a selfish ****. The difference here is that now he's not our selfish ****.

KY

Established Member
Maybe if we look at it long term, he might be doing us a favour. I mean, we DID get 24 million pounds for a player in his last year who WANTED to leave. Who else would have offered that much? And if rumours are to be believed that Nasri already made it clear he wanted to leave BEFORE pre-season, maybe Vieira just wanted to make sure we got a good deal out of it.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah bloody right. Vieira doesn't do the financial negotiations for Man City, Garry Cook does. Vieira's job is to promote and recruit on behalf of Man City on the playing side - and he knows that there are few better places to tap up good quality French/African players than at his old club. He clearly tapped up Nasri. I know he's got a job to do there, but like I said in my original post - I feel like the guy sold his soul. Lee Dixon grew up as a Man City fan, yet even he bleeds red and white. Paddy has gone down in my estimations.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Big Poppa said:
Yeah bloody right. Vieira doesn't do the financial negotiations for Man City, Garry Cook does. Vieira's job is to promote and recruit on behalf of Man City on the playing side - and he knows that there are few better places to tap up good quality French/African players than at his old club. He clearly tapped up Nasri. I know he's got a job to do there, but like I said in my original post - I feel like the guy sold his soul. Lee Dixon grew up as a Man City fan, yet even he bleeds red and white. Paddy has gone down in my estimations.
100% Agree, never been a huge fan of Vieira, always been Henry for me.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

IBL said:
Big player for Arsenal and a legend but he never had the red Arsenal blood coursing through his veins like Henry has. All those summers of flirting with Madrid and Juventus he never once came out to reassure fans like Henry did.

His loyalty is with money pretty much, still have fond memories of his time with us.

This is pretty much it , he has said somethings recently in Wengers darkest moments that were unnecessary and spent time poaching Nasri .

I don't hold it against him but it's the work of someone that does not consider himself a Gooner .

TheCMT

Established Member
Big Poppa said:

Getting Thierry back to club would help us massively in terms of persuading players here. Always knew Vieira was all about money can't expect much from him.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I wonder if they may be some bitterness on Vieira's part? The fans did love Henry and Bergkamp more, and even the likes of Ljungberg had huge religious following at one time. Not that Vieira was under appreciated or anything, but I don't recall as much love falling his way.

viper_001

Established Member
Actions speak louder than words. I expected Patrick to play for City because he wanted to prolong his career, get one last payday and play in the premier league once again. Then when he retired, what surprised me the most was how he chose to work for City instead of returning to Arsenal. Like I said, actions speak louder than words.

He sold his soul for arab oil money.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom