• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pedro Neto

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
He's basically a more Martinelli version of Saka if that makes sense, definitely would be a fantastic addition to the squad.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I was doing some fpl research literally yesterday and said to myself that Neto would be really good Saka/Nelli backup/competition so I can get behind this. :lol:

Our only fast attacker is Nelli and he's more of a wide forward than a winger. There's definitely a gap in the squad for a fast pure winger and Neto looks to be over his injury problems and back on the trajectory that had him looking like one of the best young wingers about.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I was saying in the Toney thread that it would allow us to do something creative tactically where we used Neto at RW, Martinelli at LW and Saka as the LCM. We'd have 2 lightning quick outlets that you have to stretch the pitch to defend and then both Saka and Ødegaard picking the ball up centrally with more space because of the fear that sort of pace puts into the back line.

I don't know how anyone could stop us scoring. We could actually play either Jesus or even Havertz at Striker for the aerial threat with those 2 and Saka would probably play LCM better than most of the options we have there now. Arteta would never do it and I wouldn't want it to be our regular tactic necessarily but it would give us another dimension for sure.

Nelli - Jesus - Neto

---Saka--Ødegaard

-----Rice

Win every game 6-0

Please make this happen so I can die happy.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Nelli - Jesus - Neto

---Saka--Ødegaard

-----Rice

Win every game 6-0

Please make this happen so I can die happy.
Yeah, I don't know how you stop that. That's nightmare fuel for any defense. There's nothing you can cheat towards marking without leaving an enormous gap somewhere for the team to exploit. You basically have no choice but to leave your wingers 1v1 with Nelli and Neto and they're going to beat you so then it's just endless cutbacks to Jesus, Ode and Saka.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Yeah, I don't know how you stop that. That's nightmare fuel for any defense. There's nothing you can cheat towards marking without leaving an enormous gap somewhere for the team to exploit. You basically have no choice but to leave your wingers 1v1 with Nelli and Neto and they're going to beat you so then it's just endless cutbacks to Jesus, Ode and Saka.

On top of that Saka used to play LWB (and was fantastic there, too) so then you have the dynamic of Saka/Zinchenko where Zinchenko is inverting, Saka can leave the LCM position when appropriate to overlap/underlap Nelli or Neto (kinda like a Thomas Muller - a 'space exploiter') and cause all sorts of havoc, defence will have no idea what to do.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Main issue for Neto at Arsenal is he knows he’s a guaranteed bench player. If he accepts that then it would be a great addition.

To be honest there are far worse gigs than being a squadie at Arsenal at the moment.
I don’t actually think any player who backs themselves would look at our team and think they can’t carve out a starting spot. The only untouchables are probably Saka, Ødegaard and Saliba. Rice as well maybe, given the price tag. From an outsiders perspective this is.

If Mikel says to him “you’re coming to compete with Saka” then yeah, he’d know he’s a bench player. But if he says “you’re coming here to compete with Martinelli and Trossard” then I think he’d be up for it. Especially if he’s indeed a fan

• Goal
Reactions: A_G

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don’t actually think any player who backs themselves would look at our team and think they can’t carve out a starting spot. The only untouchables are probably Saka, Ødegaard and Saliba. Rice as well maybe, given the price tag. From an outsiders perspective this is.

If Mikel says to him “you’re coming to compete with Saka” then yeah, he’d know he’s a bench player. But if he says “you’re coming here to compete with Martinelli and Trossard” then I think he’d be up for it. Especially if he’s indeed a fan
But no manager will say to anyone you are backup. It’s always if you train well and perform you play. Neto has 12 goals in 118 league games. He can’t bench Martinelli because we need Martinellis goals. It’s the same reason trossard failed to bench Martinelli. As long as we don’t have top class striker, Neto won’t bench Martinelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom