• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pedro Neto

Status
Not open for further replies.

REWB

The reason we didnt sign Kudus... and for good reason aswell, this guy is miles better. We need to go all out, Id love to see this player in an Arsenal shirt. We would finally be able to rest Saka more and I think Neto might be better suited against certain opponents aswell.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He's looking really good, and fits our usual transfer strategy. One to keep an eye on. He'd be a right wing, Martinelli.

Not sure where Wolves are now with FFP, @A_G you're a knowledgable poster, any idea?

Bloodbather

Established Member

He's looking really good, and fits our usual transfer strategy. One to keep an eye on. He'd be a right wing, Martinelli.

Not sure where Wolves are now with FFP, @A_G you're a knowledgable poster, any idea?
A right wing Martinelli is definitely a good idea, we need someone who just drives and drives at the opposition relentlessly there as an alternative to Saka. Nelson is becoming this type of player, but he's not as good as a right winger.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Their financial situation has improved since the summer but if they want to sign players in January, they’ll probably have to sell someone. Neto could be the guy.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
They gonna put some unrealistic price on him its obviously for next summer unsure what the point of buying RW when our manager run Saka into ground.
I was saying in the Toney thread that it would allow us to do something creative tactically where we used Neto at RW, Martinelli at LW and Saka as the LCM. We'd have 2 lightning quick outlets that you have to stretch the pitch to defend and then both Saka and Ødegaard picking the ball up centrally with more space because of the fear that sort of pace puts into the back line.

I don't know how anyone could stop us scoring. We could actually play either Jesus or even Havertz at Striker for the aerial threat with those 2 and Saka would probably play LCM better than most of the options we have there now. Arteta would never do it and I wouldn't want it to be our regular tactic necessarily but it would give us another dimension for sure.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I was saying in the Toney thread that it would allow us to do something creative tactically where we used Neto at RW, Martinelli at LW and Saka as the LCM. We'd have 2 lightning quick outlets that you have to stretch the pitch to defend and then both Saka and Ødegaard picking the ball up centrally with more space because of the fear that sort of pace puts into the back line.

I don't know how anyone could stop us scoring. We could actually play either Jesus or even Havertz at Striker for the aerial threat with those 2 and Saka would probably play LCM better than most of the options we have there now. Arteta would never do it and I wouldn't want it to be our regular tactic necessarily but it would give us another dimension for sure.
Our depth would be insane with Toney and Neto but we have to be realistic arteta rarely rotate his front 4 unless these injuries Toney might come here tho but Neto cant see it if he just promised very limited game time.

Also can't see Saka LCM would work we'll miss his amazing ability as RW.

Batman

Our depth would be insane with Toney and Neto but we have to be realistic arteta rarely rotate his front 4 unless these injuries Toney might come here tho but Neto cant see it if he just promised very limited game time.

Also can't see Saka LCM would work we'll miss his amazing ability as RW.
Well I was thinking Neto rather than Toney, not both. The idea behind Saka at LCM is that instead of him spending a lot of the match away from goal, stretching the field, you get him more touches centrally near the goal where he can get more shots and passes in dangerous areas. I agree, RW is his best position, I'm just talking about giving us a totally different way of attacking that would make it really difficult for teams to mark us. Right now you can usually leave the LCM loosely marked or unmarked and focus on stopping Saka and Martinelli. It would be harder to do that if you put Saka there and you have truly rapid players on both wings.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Seems to have recovered better from his injury and rebuilt his confidence which is good to see.

Still only 23 so fits the age bracket we are currently going for. I think he and Toney should be our next two signings. Then the squad would genuinely be complete, depth would be wild.

Raya/Ramsdale
Timber/White
Saliba/Tomiyasu
Gabriel/Kiwior
Zinchenko/Timber
Rice/Partey
Ødegaard/Vieira
Havertz/ESR
Martinelli/Trossard
Jesus/Toney
Saka/Neto

That second 11 would challenge for top 4.
That’s not sustainable. If we actually bought Neto both ESR and Nelson would had to move on. And Saka/Neto is as dumb as Saka/Diaby was in the summer. You can easily use Nelson on the right to alternate with saka

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He looks much better than I remember him looking - not sure if Arsenal is the right move for him. It'd be great for us though. Only reason why I say that is that Neto looks like a starter somewhere, I could see him replacing Salah for example as Salah is getting on. Saka has RW locked down completely and unless his achilles falls off in the next year or two that's his spot for good.

I think a Neto deal only affects Nelson minimally as he's already getting scant minutes but mainly because Nelson is better as LW and prefers that position to RW. What it does though is take away those potential RW minutes and funnels them all into LW with Martinelli and Trossard.

I don't see a Neto deal happening though, I'd be surprised.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Well I was thinking Neto rather than Toney, not both. The idea behind Saka at LCM is that instead of him spending a lot of the match away from goal, stretching the field, you get him more touches centrally near the goal where he can get more shots and passes in dangerous areas. I agree, RW is his best position, I'm just talking about giving us a totally different way of attacking that would make it really difficult for teams to mark us. Right now you can usually leave the LCM loosely marked or unmarked and focus on stopping Saka and Martinelli. It would be harder to do that if you put Saka there and you have truly rapid players on both wings.
This isn't the worst idea in the world actually, and I think Saka has a ton of potential as an 8, at least when he starts to wind down as a winger. I'm not sure that time is now - we might have been better served just signing an LCM who's better at ball-carrying (ESR I guess but reliable?).

Batman

This isn't the worst idea in the world actually, and I think Saka has a ton of potential as an 8, at least when he starts to wind down as a winger. I'm not sure that time is now - we might have been better served just signing an LCM who's better at ball-carrying (ESR I guess but reliable?).
Agreed. I'm not thinking about it as like a regular thing just something we could roll out to force the opponent off of their defensive gameplan while still mostly playing to the strengths of all involved. I still think Saka should primarily play RW and I agree, a better ball carrier at the left 8, particularly in matches where we expect to have control of the midfield would be ideal.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
He looks much better than I remember him looking - not sure if Arsenal is the right move for him. It'd be great for us though. Only reason why I say that is that Neto looks like a starter somewhere, I could see him replacing Salah for example as Salah is getting on. Saka has RW locked down completely and unless his achilles falls off in the next year or two that's his spot for good.

I think a Neto deal only affects Nelson minimally as he's already getting scant minutes but mainly because Nelson is better as LW and prefers that position to RW. What it does though is take away those potential RW minutes and funnels them all into LW with Martinelli and Trossard.

How about Neto benching Martinelli on the left as an upgrade then? Looking at his stats it looks like Neto is as good on the left. Last year he played more on the left than the right. This season more on the right but some on the left where

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Dunno if he's an upgrade on arguably our best finisher and most direct attacker.

Martinelli is a more proven finisher probably and probably more athletic. But Neto's dribbling looks world class and he's got a far better delivery into the boxer. So definitely an upgrade over Martinelli against low blocks if not in general. I think he'd score way more in our set up too.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Martinelli is a more proven finisher probably and probably more athletic. But Neto's dribbling looks world class and he's got a far better delivery into the boxer. So definitely an upgrade over Martinelli against low blocks if not in general. I think he'd score way more in our set up too.
Delivering to who? Martinelli and Saka are supposed to be our main goal getters. Unless he adds a lot more goals to his game his delivery ain’t gonna help us

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Delivering to who? Martinelli and Saka are supposed to be our main goal getters. Unless he adds a lot more goals to his game his delivery ain’t gonna help us

His teammates in the box. Are you new to football mate?

Also Neto will score more in our system. Martinelli would score less at Wolves who create nothing.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

His teammates in the box. Are you new to football mate?

Also Neto will score more in our system. Martinelli would score less at Wolves who create nothing.
Who though nketiah and Jesus? We have enough wide players. Spend the money on striker. You have saka, Martinelli, trossard, Nelson and esr here. Neto is just not needed. We need a consistent top level striker.

Legend14

Established Member
Many wanted him two years ago when he was just beginning his recovery process. It was just too soon. Yesterday’s match he looked significantly better.

Don’t see him as a priority though. We need a clinical 9 up top, we have many choices wide.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think we should look at Trossard as our main backup to Jesus, personally. He was excellent in the role last season when Jesus was out. So I'd basically replace Nketiah with Neto, make Martinelli and Nelson our LWs, Saka and Neto our RWs, and Jesus and Trossard our CFs. This was what I thought we should do in the summer, only I was thinking Diaby instead of Neto.

Obviously, you can use players elsewhere as required, e.g. Trossard as LW, Jesus as RW, Havertz as CF, etc. but this is what I'd go with in terms of the main 1-2 option plan.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think we should look at Trossard as our main backup to Jesus, personally. He was excellent in the role last season when Jesus was out. So I'd basically replace Nketiah with Neto, make Martinelli and Nelson our LWs, Saka and Neto our RWs, and Jesus and Trossard our CFs. This was what I thought we should do in the summer, only I was thinking Diaby instead of Neto.

Obviously, you can use players elsewhere as required, e.g. Trossard as LW, Jesus as RW, Havertz as CF, etc. but this is what I'd go with in terms of the main 1-2 option plan.
He was excellent with his 1 goal. You not gonna win a league with Jesus, Nketiah and Trossard as your strikers. We scored 4 and neither of our strikers scored. Our obsession with filling the team with attacking midfielders is just weird. You also have nwaneri coming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom