• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Christanval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chips&CurrySauce

I personally don't ever recall seeing this guy play but from what I understand hasn't he been revaged by serious knee injuries which have wrecked his career thus far... The facts remain however that as a youngster he was highly coveted, enough so for Barca to bid big for him and also for Marsaille to bid big to buy him back...

Also Christanval wouldn't be the first player to go backwards at L'OM.. Don't they have form for this?..

Gooner from Baku

Ratinho said:
Yeah, I didn't mean I only listen to other English guys mate, just couldn't understand what you were saying/trying to say.

And from what I can make out, you sound like you're looking for an argument. I don't care where the Arsenal players are from, as long as they give theirselves to the club 100% and are good enough.

Dear Ratinho. Let's drop the point. We are both thinking the same. And of course I can allow myself everything except an argument with another Arsenal fan. If you don't like my english, my excuses. I'd greet even if you speak one world in my own tongue - azeri.

Thus let's keep supporting out top team and drop the misunderstanding! :)

Adam

Established Member
Jinn said:
Gooner from Baku said:
I don't want to offend anybody, but I think our problem is that we always focus on somebody who will be "pretty good", "substitution for Cygan", "could be a good addition ti the team" etc. We all know that Christanvale not the gye we need today. No trophy gonna be ours if we don't think of a really strong players. And of course no chance for Christanval along with Senderos,Campbell,Toure and even Cygan, despite he's not young already. Also what the problem with defence?Just bullshit. If the player is not better (at least seems to better) than current ones, what's the necessity for him. We do need one good striker and one centre half. Why not to bye the one like Gerard, for example? Also I'm against the discrimination of french players. They play well. Of course englishmen should be definitely be in the place.

Whether he is English or French shoould have nothing to do with this. Wenger is French, granted. So that means his scouting networks are built up in his country of origin - this allows us to get a handle on players like Christanval in the first place.

It's not just that, but the fact that alot of the best african talent play in France, and Arsène loves the physically strong and athletic.

The scouting network also spans the globe, but alot of this scouting network we talk about is in his own head and viewing habits. He watches French football alot as it is of further interest to him, aswell as him obviously believing the french market is relatively cheaper than the rest and relative to other leagues in quality. Remember, Ronaldinho came from this league, as have alot of talented players there on a stepping stone or there as a matter of habitation - perhaps moving from an African nation.

non flying dutchman

Yes he was injured last night, don't know the extent of it yet though hopefully just a precaution so we get to see him against better opposition in the amsterdam tournament??

A

Anonymous

nah man, sign him, have faith. we'd have a good squad if we got him.

GK: Lehmann / ?
LB: Cole / Clichy
CB: Campbell/ Cygan
CB: Senderos / Christanval
RB: Toure/ Eboue/ Lauren
LM: Reyes/ Pires /Ljungberg
CM: Silva / Flamini
CM: Cesc / Hleb (Davids?)
RM: Hleb/ Ljungberg
CF: Henry / Bergkamp
CF: Vanpersie/ Reyes (Baptisa?)

hollow

edison said:
nah man, sign him, have faith. we'd have a good squad if we got him.

GK: Lehmann / ?
LB: Cole / Clichy
CB: Campbell/ Cygan
CB: Senderos / Christanval
RB: Toure/ Eboue/ Lauren
LM: Reyes/ Pires /Ljungberg
CM: Silva / Flamini
CM: Cesc / Hleb (Davids?)
RM: Hleb/ Ljungberg
CF: Henry / Bergkamp
CF: Vanpersie/ Reyes (Baptisa?)

Wouldn't it make more sense to keep Toure as a CB and get rid of Cygan?

regele

Established Member
edison said:
yeah , could do

but i don't trust lauren. hes way to slow.
It depends who we're playing with, he is usually enough for most of our opponents, but when we're playing with the top teams he's easily overtaken.Well, at least he chops their legs off.

fatalfury

Well, at least he chops their legs off.

And get a red card in the process. But than again, he's NEVER missed a penalty for us. I can't figure out whether he's a blessing or a boon for us :angel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom