• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Christanval

Status
Not open for further replies.

regele

Established Member
fatalfury said:
Well, at least he chops their legs off.

And get a red card in the process. But than again, he's NEVER missed a penalty for us. I can't figure out whether he's a blessing or a boon for us :angel
Still, it's nice to see Cristiano Ronaldo an Robben in pain :lol:.

IBL

Established Member
Sorry if this has been mentioned already in the thread but can I just add that Wenger took a fairly big gamble with Overmars and Kanu when we signed them. Overmars had come back from a big injury (knee/leg injury of some kind) and Kanu joined us after having heart surgery. They were both very successful during their time here.

This chap Christanval must have something that Wenger admires and believes he can be a worthy addition, if we get him on the free then even better. I reckon we have the appropriate medical doctors and examiners to assess how much of an injury risk he will pose.

I'm gonna trust Arsène (as I always do!) on this one and anyway he cant be worse than mad Pascal :)

Chips&CurrySauce

I don't think so USarsenal.. After all he did agree to having his contract terminated by Marseille.. If that was Kanu who'd sit on his arse for 2 more years and just collect his wages!!

wer

Has Arsenal offered contract or made an offer for any of the trialist?(Christanval and Song) :)

Ratinho

Established Member
I suspect Song will be signed, and Cristanval might get a pay-as-you-play or rolling contract.

FrankArsenal

Ice Berg legend said:
Sorry if this has been mentioned already in the thread but can I just add that Wenger took a fairly big gamble with Overmars and Kanu when we signed them. Overmars had come back from a big injury (knee/leg injury of some kind) and Kanu joined us after having heart surgery. They were both very successful during their time here.

This chap Christanval must have something that Wenger admires and believes he can be a worthy addition, if we get him on the free then even better. I reckon we have the appropriate medical doctors and examiners to assess how much of an injury risk he will pose.

I'm gonna trust Arsène (as I always do!) on this one and anyway he cant be worse than mad Pascal :)

If Christanval turns out to be half as good as Overmars he still would be a good buy. Maybe we can sell him in 4years time back to Barca for a lot of money. They seem to like our players (Overmars, Petit, Silvinho and still wishing for Titi)

FrankArsenal

mood said:
i hope we get christinval.. he's experienced and is a good cover.

I thought Wenger was going to anounce it today? First he was going to tell us after the Austria-tour, but he needed some more time? But it seems like he needs some more time again? Maybe he's got something up his sleeve because... Wenger is a clever man and I think he already has his mind made up! So why waiting?

FrankArsenal

Today, Wenger said on the official website: “Christanval is a central back and we already have four." I suggest he counts on Touré, Senderos, Campbell and Cygan. And in all respect I do think we're a bit little weight in that erea. I mean Senderos and Toure are great talents but still inexperienced. Sol is worldclass but very much injury prone. And Cygan speaks for himselfs. I know Toure and Senderos will only get experienced by playing them but don't we need someone else? As far as I am concerned Sol is injured most of the time and Cygan is to slow for the EPL. Allthough he does better in the CL. I don't know if Christanval is the answer to our problems. Because he also injury prone but at least he would add something to the squad.
Wenger said:"we already have 4"... but he did know that before he invited him on the trial... so what was the point in inviting him if he didn't wanted another CB?
But I do keep in mind: Wenger knows :lol:

famous no 10

Established Member
Arsène must be waiting for medical reports I reckon...wouldn't seem like he needs to think about this any longer....either sign him beacause he's fit enough and can do a job...or don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom