• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Love him, but he can be so anonymous in games.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's literally bailed us out so many times this season, he can't be expected to do it literally every time. The way we try to build attacks is embarrassing any striker would struggle given the way we played tonight.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He's literally bailed us out so many times this season, he can't be expected to do it literally every time. The way we try to build attacks is embarrassing any striker would struggle given the way we played tonight.
He takes a huge part in the way we build those attacks without any ability to do so. Why is he taking part of our build up instead of being in line with CB's is beyond me. The guy is elite goal scorer and a poor overall footballer and that should be obvious when the manager decides where should a player be positioned when we take control of the ball.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Love him, but he can be so anonymous in games.
Look at the way we set up. We create absolutely nothing. A part from Luiz or Xhaka having the odd pin over the top PEA is feeding off less than scraps. No wonder he is anonymous. It has nothing to do with his runs and timing etc and everything to do with our garbage manager who doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of any of his players except Brend Leno (Who hasn't had a choice but to step up considering all the shots he's faced)

Is Leno the most over worked keeper in the league?

Reactions: Jae

Riou

Look at the way we set up. We create absolutely nothing. A part from Luiz or Xhaka having the odd pin over the top PEA is feeding off less than scraps. No wonder he is anonymous. It has nothing to do with his runs and timing etc and everything to do with our garbage manager who doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of any of his players except Brend Leno (Who hasn't had a choice but to step up considering all the shots he's faced)

Is Leno the most over worked keeper in the league?

The way we set up is terrible, we set up as if we’re Sheffield United! Just when you watch Auba play be really doesn’t seem to like the physical side, he’s what 6 foot 1 or something but has no presence whatsoever bless him...you can see why Real kept Benezema for so long instead of going for him, such a well rounded striker.

Also it amazes me when fans say “has Leno really been an improvement over Cech?” ...yes, a hundred times over...Bernd has probably been our best player since Emery took over imo, sure he has made mistakes but when you face the amount of danger he does, anyone would!

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Also it amazes me when fans say “has Leno really been an improvement over Cech?” ...yes, a hundred times over...Bernd had probably been our best player since Emery took over imo, sure he has made mistakes but when you face the amount of danger he does, anyone would!
That is pretty much what I am alluding to.

Riou

If not for him we'd be having this Emery out discussions way earlier. Auba bailed him out so many times, and he does it all by himself. It's RvP 2011-2012 all over again, but this time the player isn't going to leave over financial constraints but over a terrible manager.

Think we’re his level tbf, he has too many flaws as a player for a top side...he isn’t as good as RvP.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
"Arsenal don't like it up 'em"

good times!

It did feel like those years leading up to the Eduardo, Diaby, Ramsey injuries with the commentators revelling in it. It took a backseat for a good few years following those horrific injuries but slowly creeping back in.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He deserves so much better than this. He should be playing for an elite european team.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Watching Lacazette try to play as a CF just makes me appreciate this guy even more! Can't wait to see him back up top on Sunday.

progman07

Established Member
Think we’re his level tbf, he has too many flaws as a player for a top side...he isn’t as good as RvP.
The guy scored back-to-back 20-30 goals a season, while van Persie was sitting on the sidelines injured in his best years though.

I find it just ridiculous (and it's not necessarily meant for you) that Arsenal fans can only talk about the flaws of players like Auba, Laca, Torreira, all amazing quality players in a badly coached team with lacking defense.

People would find a problem with RvP in this team, I mean he wouldn't get a chance and he would also disappear in Emeryball.

Riou

The guy scored back-to-back 20-30 goals a season, while van Persie was sitting on the sidelines injured in his best years though.

I find it just ridiculous (and it's not necessarily meant for you) that Arsenal fans can only talk about the flaws of players like Auba, Laca, Torreira, all amazing quality players in a badly coached team with lacking defense.

People would find a problem with RvP in this team, I mean he wouldn't get a chance and he would also disappear in Emeryball.

Van Persie is definitely a more rounded player than Auba, I love Pierre but he is just as flawed as Laca is imo...brilliant goalscorer though.

Whenever the match gets physical he kind of disappears, would be the last player in the team we would need to upgrade though.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think it's unfortunate that to an extent his output (while still incredible) is handicapped playing in a poorly conceived system. I think he does the best he can with the inconsistent service he gets. Yesterday he could have done better when Guendouzi played him in but outside of that he's often pushed out on the wing or isolated up top so I think he does more than reasonably well given those less than ideal conditions. The idea that he's not good enough to play for a Madrid or Barca or someone like that is laughable. He's come to the hardest league in the world in an unsettled team and never blinked in terms of his strike rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom