<

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

Auba bailing Emery out!

2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Isn't like every top class player?

3. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Thomas Tuchel Stan Trusted

Think Emery’s got him in the perfect system and it clearly suits him! That’s why he’s doing so well! Emery getting the best out the player!

Arsenal1508, Jury, Dregen57 and 2 others like this.
  4. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

[​IMG]

5. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mark Tobias likes this.
  6. say yes

say yes Thread Title Abuser

Don't be silly.

Emery's name should only be mentioned when a player is underperforming (e.g. Pepe). When a player is doing well it can only be completely independent of the manager and his tactical setup.

BaZZe, drippin, mavelous and 3 others like this.
  7. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

Auba brilliantly bailing out Emery this season even if Emery is trying to force him to defend for whole games and only instruct his team to create 1 or 2 chances for Auba.

Making defensive and negative stuff like that work just show how elite Auba is.

samshere likes this.
  8. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

I know you mean to be sarcastic but a striker can produce independent of tactics or personnel. It's not as if the team is creating a bucket load of chances for him. 2-3 chances per game out of which one he converts.

9. say yes

Players can also underperform independent of tactics. That logic should cut both ways (although of course it doesn't on this forum).

drippin and mavelous like this.
  10. say yes

Anyway, this is a good read. Great to have so much input from Mislintat on our star man.

11. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Our new sweet prince! He trains, defends and scores! It's like he understands he has a contract! Wonderful man!

Riou, BigPoppaPump, mavelous and 2 others like this.
  12. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

I'd say right now all the players are performing at par or underperforming.

13. Jury

That will fluctuate from game to game. Ultimately, May will tell you the full story. Fair to say we have more performing to their optimum than City at this precise moment. Clearly a lot more to look forward to if ours aren't all in sync yet. But that'll be a 'glass half full' take on it, and quite inappropriate ;)

samshere likes this.
  14. Jury

Hows his xG thingy anyway? Still massively the wrong side of wasteful? Damn he's good.

15. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

PEA is awesome.

But lesson to learn from the Özil and Sanchez contracts, don't give in to absurd demands.

If he doesn't sign this Summer, look to move him. If not, keep him and play out his contract. I think if he is smart, he can go down as a Gunner legend behind Thierry Henry. He should be a top class player for 3 more years before decline.

16. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

Martinelli wouldn't let that happen.

17. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Too good for where we are at the moment, he should be competing for titles. I'd not hold it against him if he decided he wants to move onto better things. Who knows, all depends on who wants him tho. At the moment there's no signs of us competing for serious trophies soon. It's kinda why I'd lean toward more winning the EL than finishing top 4 in terms of importance, tho there's no reason why we shouldn't do both. At least Auba will have at least one trophy from his time here in that case.

Riou likes this.
  18. Jury

No-brainer. It's a major European trophy and would be the most significant the club will have won in it's history; it keeps the big player sweets and we get in to the CL. I'd take 5th and the EL every year.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  19. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Big man named in ballon d'or shortlist. well deserved.

20. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Titi getting screwed out of his in 2004 will always be a significant mark against this award, but well done Auba, celebrate with your 50th goal tonight!

GoonerJeeves and blaze_of_glory like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.