• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Giroud would've been crucified for a performance like tonight btw.

Yes, there were some mind-bogglingly horrific misses by Auba but lest we forget Giroud missed the target when clean through one on one at the Four Seasons Hotel in Canary Wharf, London in 2014

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Cost us yesterday. Weird, you normally back him to put away those chances. Should've scored two.

This guy man. How can you be a top-striker and bottle so many chances like he has this season?

he has cost us so much. People go on and blame Bellerin and Willian when this dude has been an absolute ****-show.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Aubameyang always misses lots of chances, it’s actually sign of good form.

Yeah people don't get it. He is like Cavani and Werner. His skill isn't actually finishing. It's getting into positions to finish. You worry when he isn't missing chances and is completely invisible. That means he isn't making the movement.

A decline in Auba wont be evident by his goal tally as that is influenced by the team. It will be how often he gets into goal scoring positions.

Personally my only positive from yesterday was Auba up top playing as a cf and Martinelli coming on for him. I'd build the squad going forward with those two as my cf options. Like an Aguero and jesus scenario. The older Auba gets the more you phase in Martinelli and by the time he is 21, he should be leading the line.

Pyres7

Yeah people don't get it. He is like Cavani and Werner. His skill isn't actually finishing. It's getting into positions to finish. You worry when he isn't missing chances and is completely invisible. That means he isn't making the movement.

A decline in Auba wont be evident by his goal tally as that is influenced by the team. It will be how often he gets into goal scoring positions.

Personally my only positive from yesterday was Auba up top playing as a cf and Martinelli coming on for him. I'd build the squad going forward with those two as my cf options. Like an Aguero and jesus scenario. The older Auba gets the more you phase in Martinelli and by the time he is 21, he should be leading the line.
I was worried about him (well, how Arteta was using him) earlier in the season when most of his touches were on the LW touchline, when he could barely even see the goal.

I'm not worried now that he's getting the chances. Yes he fluffed them last night, but if we keep providing him he'll score. You don't get numbers like he has throughout his whole career if you're a bad finisher.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
It's good because he's getting the chances now. Before Christmas he'd be lucky to get one floated cross per game to score from.

He should be getting into goalscoring positions and score them, it's not one or the other.

Guy's on huge wages, has a piss poor season and has to step up. We gotta stop always making excuses for each and everything a few selected fan favorites do whilst bashing the other players whenever they put a foot wrong.

Fact is, Auba, without his goals, is a very poor player to have in your side. He isn't contributing to a free flowing combination play, that's just not his strength.

He has to earn his place just like Pepe does and he's gotta put up the numbers to make up for his average ability in buildup play.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Obvs you want him scoring at least one of those last night, but I prefer Auba missing chances than not getting any at all.

Start of the season we were terrible when attacking, barely made chances...last few months we have made a lot and scored a lot as a team, would rather be creating loads as when you have a striker like Auba (granted he will miss quite a few, as all strikers do) but he will score more often than not in that situation.

Man literally scored a hattrick last match, has 60 goals in the past 2 seasons...it was a bad game, relax people :lol:

Pyres7

He should be getting into goalscoring positions and score them, it's not one or the other.
Yeah obviously, you don't become a 30+ goal a season striker if you can't do both. He has done it his whole career.

The point is that he's getting into those positions and the team is getting the ball to him there now. If we keep doing that he'll score them. It's got nothing to do with making excuses for his misses.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Aubameyang has always missed loads of chances and he's one of the greatest goal scorers of the current game

PartialCarelessArabianhorse-max-1mb.gif

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Who cares about finishing? If auba is half as good as benzema, we would have a lot more possession, and would have tripled our chances created. And also, it would not matter who is there to finish them, no team would missed all of them if the chances are tripled.

We need a skillful striker who is also a good passer. Auba, Laca and Nketiah are too much of a poacher, which is shxt.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Who cares about finishing? If auba is half as good as benzema, we would have a lot more possession, and would have tripled our chances created. And also, it would not matter who is there to finish them, no team would missed all of them if the chances are tripled.

We need a skillful striker who is also a good passer. Auba, Laca and Nketiah are too much of a poacher, which is shxt.

Thoughts on my man Edouard chief?

jus2nang

The absolute state of this thread....

As if the guy is incapable of controlling a football and just turns up in the 6 yard box and waits for the ball to hit him and rebound into the net.

This video from his last league match clearly shows he's able to contribute other than the final touch into the net.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom