• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Surprised Man City aren’t trying to sign him. He’d be an excellent alternative if they can’t get Harry Kane.

How many goals would Auba get with KDB, Grealish, Mahrez, Foden etc? 25-30 goals in the PL imo.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
my gut feeling is that Auba and Laca caught Covid whilst disobeying club rules designed to keep them safe, so have been in Arteta's bad books over it

Auba in particular needs to be more careful of his health after his bout of malaria

It's confusing because I thought Auba caught Covid with his national team last year or rather earlier this year and their flights were delayed/canceled coming back. Maybe he was quarantined for protocols instead when that happened.

Surprised Man City aren’t trying to sign him. He’d be an excellent alternative if they can’t get Harry Kane.

How many goals would Auba get with KDB, Grealish, Mahrez, Foden etc? 25-30 goals in the PL imo.

Would be brilliant deal. We get money. The fans see that Auba is done like 1 year ago! Lord have mercy!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Would be brilliant deal. We get money. The fans see that Auba is done like 1 year ago! Lord have mercy!

I think a lot of our fans would be in tears as Auba isn’t finished. A system that doesn’t create one chance a game would show that he’s still a very good striker.

db10fan

Arsenal team news has confirmed that Auba, Laca, Willian and Runarsson has C19. So for now its not Arteta drops him and Laca. I hope Auba and Laca will be fit vs Manchester City.

db10fan

someone help me out here i'm not so good at fancy tactics n all that, is Auba playing LW here?

I posted several months ago on this thread that Auba mostly plays CF, rarely as RW/LW at Dortmund, successfully in a team that create decent number of chances per match.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He 100% deserves to score 100 Arsenal goals (think he's only 15 away) we can't be selling him this season...it won't feel right.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Arsenal team news has confirmed that Auba, Laca, Willian and Runarsson has C19. So for now its not Arteta drops him and Laca. I hope Auba and Laca will be fit vs Manchester City.
Yeah I saw that & it shows you the bad leadership & inexperience in the team management coaching wise, not player wise. When it was announced Laca & Auba had both been ruled out with illness 24hrs in advance "but" they were still pictured in the team training session album on the mian website, to a lot of people it made us presume they'd been dropped by Arteta for attitude or something along those lines. Then reports came out & stated they were looking to leave & Barcelona were keen to do a player swap with us for a transfer. Now a report has come out stating Auba is more then keen to see out his contract with us but Laca is looking to move on.

Why couldn't the club had come out & say that they'd just tested positive with COVID rather then bring all this negativity on attitude during the week. We would have known that unfortunately we just had bad luck all week with the virus & injuries. Our coaching & management need to improve on this if we want to improve this year imo.

blrgooner

Established Member
Yeah the timing of Arteta replying “I don’t know” to reporters asking if Auba has declined followed by the choice of wording “illness” when everyone is catching covid..

Not hard to jump the gun and put 2 and 2, I definitely did.

Arsenal have their reasons for not disclosing covid I guess?
I still don’t think all is right within the camp though.
Well that was before one of the first games in front of a live crowd. I guess there could be reasons to not mention Covid so that there is no fear in public.

jus2nang

Why didn't they say he had malaria? Auba in the end had to announce it himself. The club kept quiet, even played him in the Liverpool game and then when asked about whether he was going to play (I think it was a European match) Arteta said something that almost suggested he couldn't be bothered rather than just saying "He has malaria, so he'll be in hospital".

It'll be interesting to see if they release any training videos this week and if Auba is in them....
So it was the usual club being rubbish with comms then. A number of players with covid which could have been announced days ago to avoid all the nonsense speculation.

Nothing new here.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
It's confusing because I thought Auba caught Covid with his national team last year or rather earlier this year and their flights were delayed/canceled coming back. Maybe he was quarantined for protocols instead when that happened.
Malaria, not COVID

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Malaria, not COVID

I was talking about when the Gabon National Team had to sleep on the floors of an airport. I just looked it up. They refused to get tested when they arrived at the airport and delayed themselves from getting to their hotel at a good time. I thought the team tested positive for Covid and weren't allowed to go to their hotels, originally.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The guy is old.

At age 32 Thierry Henry put up a 4-goal season in Spain en route to MLS.
At age 32 Robin Van Persie was in Turkey.
At age 32 Wayne Rooney was doing an Everton stopover on his way to MLS.

Aguero hit a wall last year at age 32.

The odds that this player is just aging and not as good as he used to be are far, far higher than that he's still an elite player who is being mis-used. There's the odd unicorn like Vardy but the vast majority of high-level forwards don't last much past age 30 as top players.

My criticism is far more with the decision to give him a massive long-term contract at age 31 than it is with his usage since.

But Cavani and Vardy terrorised defences despite being older than Auba.

TinFish

Hasn't this dude caught COVID twice now? Quote me if I'm wrong. He's also had malaria apparently. Personally I think it's knocked the stuffing out him. Similar to Bellerin when he's lost his pace.

Finished player unfortunately although would love to be proven wrong.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
That Sambi pass throught the middle is what we need to see more of. You put Auba on the shoulder and send a couple of those passes his way and he'll be back to at least losing chances in front of goal.

Frankly, that's an improvement right now.

With Tierney now injured, we REALLY need to start diversifying our play. Prime Henry would be having trouble scoring for this team.

GunnerShy

That Sambi pass throught the middle is what we need to see more of. You put Auba on the shoulder and send a couple of those passes his way and he'll be back to at least losing chances in front of goal.

Frankly, that's an improvement right now.

With Tierney now injured, we REALLY need to start diversifying our play. Prime Henry would be having trouble scoring for this team.
Spot on. This team is a forward's graveyard. I won't judge any of these guys until a functioning system is out in place.

Riou

If Potter can bring his xG style here, with a striker like Auba...wouldn't be shocked if Auba broke Henry's 30 goal Prem record for us.

Riou

If we didn't win the cup in 2020, would Auba have left us that summer?

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom