Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by El Duderino, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

I understand his wish and we won't win anything with him anyway, but we're in such a dire state. If he didnt wish to leave I would even go for letting him run down his contract if he could give us two more years. Sell Laca instead.

Hope we manage to keep him this winter, couldn’t care less if Laca was sold and replaced with Eddie though (and use the funds for cb+dm like everyone said).

Artisan and SA Gunner like this.
  2. Camron

Camron Established Member

They are our captains, we are the Titanic.

Should've made Mustafi a captain.

say yes likes this.
  3. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

More like “The Elegance Of Thomas Partey”. Partey and a proper CB should be top priority in the upcoming transfer windows

4. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

I think a good replacement would be Calvert-Lewin who I’ve been keen on for a while. The Welbeck replacement we’ve needed.

Guy is a completely team orientated work horse who’s added goals to his game. Would help the players around him go up a level.

I know the likes of @Taylor Gang Gunners and @Trilly meme him but think he’d be a rock for the likes of Pepe and Martinelli. Top personality.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  5. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Not sure I’ve ever spoken about DCL on here?

Rex Banter likes this.
  6. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

Three goals in two games since Ancelotti took over. Carlo loves him. Tried to sign him for Napoli and said just yesterday that while he's young and has to improve, he can be one of the top strikers in Europe. Would be pretty difficult (and expensive) to pry him away at this point.

7. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

I'd rather we don't sell as we've got other issues than our topscorer.

But if it comes to it I'd happily sell him for a big fee and he can take that mask with him. And Lacazette for that matter, so that they can keep their bromance alive.

Time to get a world class striker in the mold of Van Persie. More than a poacher. Not sure who but AM can probably tell me based on some YouTube videos.

North5 likes this.
  8. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

reliable journalists picking up on this now

9. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Needs to be sold anyway. You don’t rebuild a squad handing out £300k a week contracts to 31 year olds. Sell him and move on.

Gooner416, Sanchez11's ghost and Riou like this.
  10. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

If we are good without him upfront then he can go but i think he'll need to wait until summer.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  11. yousif_arsenal

The times also reporting the same thing

12. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

There's an air of inevitability about this one. He'd want to leave now and have a shot at trophies this season.

He's wasted wide here, so we would simply need to bring in a natural wide forward. We can't replace his goals, but could become more balanced.

Polar Bear and yorch44 like this.
  13. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

It's a tough one. If he's showing no signs of stopping at the end of the season, I'd offer him a two year extension (max) on 300k. Where is he getting longer than that at 31, China? If so, good luck and goodbye. I think he'd reluctantly accept it and stay, unless a top European club matched it, in which case he'd go there if he really hates us!

14. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

I get what you’re saying but while we’re Europa League club we can’t keep paying those wages.

15. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

Thought losing our best player again in god knows how many years would bother me but truth be told I wouldn't be that fussed to see him leave..

No point keeping players here who dont want to be here.

yorch44 likes this.
  16. yousif_arsenal

I don't think any top club now want auba at the moment specially with his age. Benzema back to his best form Suarez with barca too i think clubs will wait until summer

17. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Can we get Timo Werner? He has a 30m clause.

18. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

I doubt he would come to us. What we should be doing is selling Auba and getting a replacement in. What we will do is drag it out till it gets ugly much like Alexis.

19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

If he’s pushing for a move as rumoured, it’ll be because he’s got a more appealing gig than Arsenal on the plate.

Not sure your 300K idea works as he can hold off another year and get a multi million signing on fee if he’s out of contract, plus that sort of wage as his new club won’t be paying a transfer fee.

Think we’re stuffed.

20. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Der Deutsche Vardy. Needed.

Gooner416 likes this.