• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang misses training due to 'personal appointment'

Borussia Dortmund say Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang missed training on Tuesday due to a "personal appointment", and insist he will be back on Wednesday.

The club's Twitter account played down rumours linking Aubameyang with a move away from Dortmund, posting: "He missed training due to a personal appointment. Will be back tomorrow."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...eyang-fuels-transfer-talk-by-missing-training

According to ESPN, it was about CAF award matter :

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will not be part of the Borussia Dortmund squad flying out to Dubai on Thursday as the attacker has instead travelled to Nigeria to attend the CAF Awards in Abuja.

gkoat

Not sure I have all of this correct, but it is my understanding that he missed practice on Tuesday due to illness, and is now going to an awards show instead of his Thursday game. Two absences, two seemingly unrelated excuses, and a recent refusal from the club to rule out any move publicly.

Pool are rumored to have reached out as well....anyone here have an understanding of his prior relationship w klopp?

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Not sure I have all of this correct, but it is my understanding that he missed practice on Tuesday due to illness, and is now going to an awards show instead of his Thursday game. Two absences, two seemingly unrelated excuses, and a recent refusal from the club to rule out any move publicly.

Pool are rumored to have reached out as well....anyone here have an understanding of his prior relationship w klopp?

Its a friendly not a game, they are on winter break. Dont do this to yourself he isnt coming AFC/going anywhere.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will not be part of the Borussia Dortmund squadflying out to Dubai on Thursday as the attacker has instead travelled to Nigeria to attend the CAF Awards in Abuja.

Aubameyang's absence from Dortmund's first full training session of 2016 on Tuesday led to rumours that a transfer to the Premier League was imminent.

Arsenal have been linked with the Gabon international, who Dortmund said had missed the training session with a "personal appointment," adding that "in close consultation with BVB" he will fly to Nigeria for the award ceremony.

http://www.espnfc.com/borussia-dort...erick-aubameyang-to-arsenal-rumours-dispelled

This is the same Dortmund that let Lewa walk for free just to keep him an extra year...you think they'd throw away their season for some cash now? He'll be worth just as much, if not more, in the summer if he keeps things up. Just accept it, he isnt moving.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Its a friendly not a game, they are on winter break. Dont do this to yourself he isnt coming AFC/going anywhere.

http://www.espnfc.com/borussia-dort...erick-aubameyang-to-arsenal-rumours-dispelled

This is the same Dortmund that let Lewa walk for free just to keep him an extra year...you think they'd throw away their season for some cash now? He'll be worth just as much, if not more, in the summer if he keeps things up. Just accept it, he isnt moving.

Lewandowski was on the last year of his contract, that means Dortmund would have got a max of 20m for him even if they decided to sell him after Lewa having made it clear that he won't go to any club other than Bayern. Apart from that, Lewandowski didn't kick up too much of a fuss because he knew that he'd be stuck there for a max of 1 year.
The case of PEA is entirely different. He'll easily command a fee in the region of 40-50m. Doubt very many clubs outside the PL, Real, Barca are in a position to turn down that kind of money. Moreover he hasn't come out to deny the rumours. In conclusion, PEA will definitely be on the move either now or in the summer. If his desitnation will be Arsenal, though, will have to be seen.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Lewandowski was on the last year of his contract, that means Dortmund would have got a max of 20m for him even if they decided to sell him after Lewa having made it clear that he won't go to any club other than Bayern. Apart from that, Lewandowski didn't kick up too much of a fuss because he knew that he'd be stuck there for a max of 1 year.
The case of PEA is entirely different. He'll easily command a fee in the region of 40-50m. Doubt very many clubs outside the PL, Real, Barca are in a position to turn down that kind of money. Moreover he hasn't come out to deny the rumours. In conclusion, PEA will definitely be on the move either now or in the summer. If his desitnation will be Arsenal, though, will have to be seen.

Yeah but my point was Dortmund didnt take the money because they dont need the money....they put doing well that season over getting some cash in (again knowing his value goes to $0 in the summer). PEA's value can only increase between now and the summer so why would a club, with the history of holding onto player for footballing reasons, who dont need cash, sell said player when that player re-signed/extended their contract at the start of the season, again so their value can only go up, and jeopardize their sporting success this campaign for a influx of cash now?

You guys continue to try and rationalize this signing but no legitimate media outlet is linking us to him, just nothing click-bait sites that pander to desperate Arsenal supporters, but people on here keep bumping this thread like the deal is on.

Oh_Snap

Isn't Walcott our PEA? Maybe Walcott's just not hitting the same numbers at the moment but i don't think PEA would add much to our game that Walcott already does.

If you get PEA you'd have to get rid of Walcott imho as well (salary..) ... i don't think that's an option.

Token Yank

Yeah but my point was Dortmund didnt take the money because they dont need the money....they put doing well that season over getting some cash in (again knowing his value goes to $0 in the summer). PEA's value can only increase between now and the summer so why would a club, with the history of holding onto player for footballing reasons, who dont need cash, sell said player when that player re-signed/extended their contract at the start of the season, again so their value can only go up, and jeopardize their sporting success this campaign for a influx of cash now?

You guys continue to try and rationalize this signing but no legitimate media outlet is linking us to him, just nothing click-bait sites that pander to desperate Arsenal supporters, but people on here keep bumping this thread like the deal is on.
I 100% disagree. You would have to think his peak value is right now with the crazy form he is in. He could have a very poor 2nd half of the season or pick up a significant injury etc. and teams while negotiating could use it against Dortmund. I agree there is a chance he could keep up the good form and summer would demand a larger fee with a larger bidding war but it far from certain. Like anything in business/finance etc. value does not increase on a perfect upward tragectory, anything can happen which can de value something significantly.

Token Yank

Isn't Walcott our PEA? Maybe Walcott's just not hitting the same numbers at the moment but i don't think PEA would add much to our game that Walcott already does.

If you get PEA you'd have to get rid of Walcott imho as well (salary..) ... i don't think that's an option.
They could play together and interchange, although I would prefer PEA outside due to work rate and crossing. But I would imagine a fluid (and devastating) front line of...

Sanchez Theo PEA
Özil

Would be an epic attacking lineup especially on the counter. With Coq and Jack playing behind, Bellerin, Kos and Gabriel it would be one of the fastest lineups in Europe. Still wishful thinking we sign PEA at this point but it's January, freezing and I am trying to stay sober, so nothing else to do.

Oh_Snap

Still wishful thinking we sign PEA at this point but it's January, freezing and I am trying to stay sober, so nothing else to do.

Nothing wrong with this, but you left out Santi as a DLP and I neither see Ramsey or Wilshere doing this as well as Santi does. For me PEA would be a substitute for Walcott and vice versa. Walcott shouldn't play as CF imho. It'd rob him of his greatest strength, pace.

Prawn Sandwich

Really hope we sign him!

Can't see it now though, it's probably fair to say BVB are big enough not to be bullied into selling midseason, and would rather wait until summer when they have time to adequately replace.

We should be right in there in summer though! Would we be competing against Liverpool with his familiar manager Klopp, and Man United with their mega wages? We have many positives which make Arsenal a very attractive option or PEA compared to those. :cool:

Malky

Established Member
Was it ever confirmed if we actually made a bid for PEA in the summer? Knew there were rumors doing the rounds but was there genuine interest from us? If not it seems out of character that we would leave it until January.
So say there is a chance of PEA coming here this month, would you happily see us spend big on him now or use the current players that we have and wait until the summer and see who could become available; a certain Welsh lad in Spain for example ;) As signing PEA now would mean no big attacking signing in the summer, unless someone was sold. Even then, we would still have 6 for the front 3 positions.

Sykes

PEA has always been better than Walcott. We should've signed him back when he was at st etienne.

TorontoGooner76

Nothing wrong with this, but you left out Santi as a DLP and I neither see Ramsey or Wilshere doing this as well as Santi does. For me PEA would be a substitute for Walcott and vice versa. Walcott shouldn't play as CF imho. It'd rob him of his greatest strength, pace.

I agree with this. I still prefer Theo on the right because of that. We still need another true CF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom