• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Arsenal 0 - 0 Burnley | Sunday 23rd January | KO: 14:00 GMT |

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-Burnley.jpg

Really bad performance last night. We need a strong reaction. We don't just need to beat this lot, we need to do it convincingly. A statement win, if you like.

But problem is even with Partey back, we're in a worse situation than we were a week ago. We are light in midfield (an understatement). Our only recognized CM is 22 year old from the Belgian league playing his first season in the league.

Let's not even talk about Arteta. Don't want his templars attacking me or sending me threats.

I think he'll go with the same Lineup today in Sunday.
This will be a twofer: Relegate Sean Dyche and get the three points.

Screenshot-20220120-231422.png

Screenshot-20220120-231355.png

Screenshot-20220120-231439.png

Like I said, I reckon Mikel will stick with the same starting XI that played the pool game. It will be interesting to see how. Lokonga and ødegaard themselves physically in midfield against those club bouncers.

Predicted Lineup

1875144_Arsenal.jpg

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Don’t think Liverpool have the budgets for big signings. Think Klopp will have to find the next left field guy or try a kid. That’s why he likes Martinelli, would be perfect for his system, but we got him first for nothing.

Depends on if they cash out on Salah or Mane. They’ll easily have enough to replace either one of them if they sell them.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
They young you know how much we putting on thier shoulders? saka was done in 60 minutes Ødegaard tried to create ESR and Martinelli too its just one of those days when we can't finish it remind me of earlier this season they need help.
So because they're young they shouldn't want to win? Age shouldn't be an excuse anymore. They know it's Burnley, a defensive team. They know 3 points would go a long way towards finishing top 4 and yet showed no urgency. If I saw the effort and we ended up not getting the result then fine but the overall effort was poor today.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Do you think Liverpool will have the money to spend big though? Someone like Saka or Raphinha level will be the one they will go for and then they will try to develop them as they see great potential in them. Even someone like Saka and Raphinha level would cost 50m in today's market.

It’s hard to determine who they go for as by the time Salah and Mane are done, there might be other players available at that time.

They may go for a player like Jota who breaks through in the PL rather than a Saka.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So because they're young they shouldn't want to win? Age shouldn't be an excuse anymore. They know it's Burnley, a defensive team. They know 3 points would go a long way towards finishing top 4 and yet showed no urgency. If I saw the effort and we ended up not getting the result then fine but the overall effort was poor today.
I didn't mean we shouldn't win but i mean they need some help because the moment they hit bad patch we struggling

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
We had but just can't finish. That difference between us and someone with top quality CF these games happen its frustrating as hell but it's clear the team will struggles without finishers and yes its on mikel and edu head to not acting quickly this month,
I believe it’s Edu’s responsibility to buy players.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think maybe the easiest way to sum this club up under Arteta is that the 2 strikers on the pitch for us at the end of the match are at a level where they should be thanking whatever deity they believe in that they can play for Arsenal and instead they're turning down contracts. Would that be the case if they had any belief in this manager? Doubtful.

FinnGooner

Established Member
This is what I’d call a classic Arteta-ball performance. Toothless, boring and predictable. But of course, stats-wise we were just decent enough for Arteta being able to sell this result to the owners and some deluded fans as an unlucky accident. Probably 10+ more performances like this still coming up this season 🤮

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom