• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Huddersfield Town | November 29, 2017 | 19:45 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
arsenal-huddersfield.jpg

-Arsenal have won 11 Premier League home matches in a row - their best since a run of 13 at Highbury Stadium between February and November 2005.

-Huddersfield Town are hoping to become only the third team, after West Ham United and Hull City, to win their first PL match at Emirates Stadium.

-The Terriers could also become only the second newly-promoted team in PL history to beat both Arsenal and Manchester United in that season, after Sunderland in 1996/97.

-Alexis Sanchez has been directly involved in 17 goals in 18 PL matches against promoted clubs (13 goals, four assists).

Team News
Walcott back in contention
Özil could return after training Tuesday
Iwobi a major doubt after picking up a knock at Burnley

Possible lineup:
12T8WMD.png

Give Ramsey a breather ahead of United imo

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Ozils dose of Catalonian flu seems to be lingering on so do we play Wilshere and keep Ramsey & Xhaka together, or do we play Welbeck and play Wilshere & Xhaka in the middle giving Ramsey a rest (as suggested by @American_Gooner ?

This should be the only dilemma facing Wenger, the rest of the team should be as it was vs Burnley. I personally would start the same team as Burnley with Wilshere in for Iwobi and rest Ramsey later in the game.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Cech
Chambers Per Holding
Bellerin Jack AMN Kolasinac
Nelson Welbeck
Lacazette

Huddersfield will park the bus and aim for a 0-0. I’d give the back three a rest before United and put Sanchez, Ramsey and Xhaka on the bench and use them only if needed.

If we are winning then Lacazette goes off at the hour mark and Giroud comes on.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Rest a few of the sprinters & swat them aside with minimal effort. We have to be at our peak fighting condition when Mourinho brings his sloggers to the Emirates on Saturday.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We've been playing a second XI midweek in Europe all season, we're finally on a good run in the league, yet A-M wants to rest players?

Play the first XI, bank the 3 points, then look to thrash United come the weekend.

You don't feel tired when you're winning.

Not to mention Hudders aren't pushovers in current form . Just had a difficult game against City to sharpen them up .

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Huddersfield is a very organised team and hard to beat, this is not a gimme. If we go into it with the 'three points in the bag' attitude, we'll come undone.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ozils dose of Catalonian flu seems to be lingering on so do we play Wilshere and keep Ramsey & Xhaka together, or do we play Welbeck and play Wilshere & Xhaka in the middle giving Ramsey a rest (as suggested by @American_Gooner ?

This should be the only dilemma facing Wenger, the rest of the team should be as it was vs Burnley. I personally would start the same team as Burnley with Wilshere in for Iwobi and rest Ramsey later in the game.
I think Wilshere should start with Ramsey and Xhaka behind with Welbeck coming on later depending on how things are going for Ramsey.

I don't see this as the phase where we need to rest players. Ramsey and a host of others have not played midweek this season, they've had more rest than normal. Though we should certainly look to utilise the full squad a bit more with the festive period coming up. That doesn't mean just resting players it means players getting minutes in the league.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not to mention Hudders aren't pushovers in current form . Just had a difficult game against City to sharpen them up .
Though they did basically run themselves into the ground against a rampant City side. I'd hope they are a bit tired and mentally deflated after losing that way. Whereas while we may be tired as we went to the wire against Burnley we should be riding the crest after great results against Sp**s and Burnley.

And as I said above we've had a lot of rest this season we haven't had in recent seasons.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I agree with resting Ramsey.. Need him fit for Manu and 1 game a week seems to be doing him good, can't risk his hammys going again, so I'd like for us to take a careful approach with him.. He can be an option on the bench if needed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom