• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
Would like to see this team against Chelsea next weekend:

Lacazette
Aubameyang - Özil/Mkhi
Guendouzi - Torreira - Ramsey
Nacho - Sokratis - Mustafi - Lich
Leno​

Not sure we can get away with playing Özil and Mkhi in games against the big 6​

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I think we looked organised in the defence in a more solid way compared to how it looked last season. Am i wrong?

Yeah

Need to be a tad more organized in midfield and we'll do alright

But playing Xhaka and Torreira together will sort that out(with Ramsey)

ptrcopp

I think if we were to look back on this,, or even think about when the fixtures came out, this loss was expected. We have a new manager, we were expecting a new system, and against the team that basically walked the league last year and are comfortable.

But at the same time there were some very odd decision. Playing a flat 4-3-3, Ramsey at CF, Mesut at CM, continuously playing over the top to Auba or Özil. The decision even to start 5 mid was strange when throughout preseason there was an emphasis on direct play and speed in the attack.

But even with these changes I think we would have seen a similar result because even when we started to be the better team toward the middle third of the match (a mix of subs and Man City relaxing) they handled it well.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Because he takes stupid risks or not stupid but young

Lost the ball all over the place

Xhaka did his job, but again he is paired with someone who doesn't know his place and Özil who should be higher up anyway

Xhaka, Torreira, Ramsey need to start centrally

Auba .Laca, Özil upfront

Xhaka needs to start on the bench. Completely Ill suited to the counter pressing, high tempo, fast combination protagonist style of football Emery wants to execute.

Like Elneny, he's a useful sub when you just want to play a bit of keep ball.

Jae

Nothing game this, we weren't expected to win this anyway. Like others have said, it's Chelsea, Sp**s and the rest of table we need to be beating.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Xhaka needs to start on the bench. Completely Ill suited to the counter pressing, high tempo, fast combination protagonist style of football Emery wants to execute.

Like Elneny, he's a useful sub when you just want to play a bit of keep ball.

Xhaka needs to start because he was last seasons most consistent

A solid piece of a good team

Hardly put a Foot wrong all game even thou he still has to play with a cowboy

Xhaka Torreira and Ramsey to start vs chelski or bust

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I actually agree with this and it should be our midfield going forward, especially for big games. I like Matteo but he's still young and shouldn't be a starter yet.

I wouldn't mind Ramsey's performance today at least we saw a lot of energy at times, he's just coming off an injury too. Özil was disappointing on the ball today but hopefully he'll come good as the team starts to progress and gel a bit under the new style that Emery is trying to implement. Starting to lose faith in Mkhi altogether though.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Bust

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Obvious that all our rivals bar Chelsea would have a normal time on their opening games, seeing as their's is a continuation job.

We'll need at least six months to figure out this team under Emery.

HBL

Established Member
Interesting that a lot of people are raving about Mendy on social media. He seemed to be the weak link in their defence to me and I didn’t need think he was that great at all.

Maybe the two assists overshadow his actual performance.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I actually agree with this and it should be our midfield going forward, especially for big games. I like Matteo but he's still young and shouldn't be a starter yet.

I wouldn't mind Ramsey's performance today at least we saw a lot of energy at times, he's just coming off an injury too. Özil was disappointing on the ball today but hopefully he'll come good as the team starts to progress and gel a bit under the new style that Emery is trying to implement. Starting to lose faith in Mkhi altogether though.

EiQAkM

You have seen the light

Walcott to the correct side

Now diss Monreal and you will feel much better;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom