• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuelsson

How people rate Granit f*n Xhaka is beyond me.

And same people saying Guendouzi is not ready ? He had the most touches, always wanted the ball but almost every time he did there was noone to pass to. Xhaka hides when we're being pressed. Özil has no clue how to defend, his positioning is abysmal.

The team was clearly not in sync. The diffrence in the teams when playing from the back was immense. They had 5 players pressing. We barely had our front 3 pressing, and when there were more, the space between them was way to much.

Posetive first start though. With the wenger mentality we would have lost 5-0.

Anyway just made this account to say: Xhaka an unberable player. Complete sh!t

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I think you need to call 911/999/112
You are clearly having a stroke

We fell apart when Ramsey went of

Did you watch our first half when Ramsey played?

I can't take you seriously with that comment, so I'm going to assume that you were being sarcastic.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Did you watch our first half when Ramsey played?

I can't take you seriously with that comment, so I'm going to assume that you were being sarcastic.

Dead serious

We lost the fighting spirit when came of

Emery wants us to press

Ramsey does as told

And gets **** for it?

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
City are an elite team, the finished article. I was hoping that we'd catch them out early after the World Cup but it looked similar to last season. They were very dominant.

Unai and his new players will need time to adjust to the new style of play, it will take time and it's a bit unfortunate that we started with the best team in the league. I only saw extended highlights but it looked like we tried the Liverpool style of super high energy aggressive pressing. This is a bit of a culture shock for our team so if this is the route we're going it will take time.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Is this thread full of consistently successful premiership managers or do I detect strong wafts of hot air fannying around?

If you read every post you end up with the conclusion that all our players are useless. Abandon hope..........

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I don't know I'm just bitter af at our direction and IMO lack of ambition. The club appears to be aiming to get back into the top 4 judging by our window. What the **** is top 4 going to get us? An extra 20-30m in revenue whoopdy doo. If we can't push the boat out for our new manager in his first window what difference is CL footy going to make? We were in the CL for all of Kroenkes tenure here and it made zero difference we've just paid lip service to the idea of challenging for the title and our transfer window this summer confirms it.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Dead serious

We lost the fighting spirit when came of

Emery wants us to press

Ramsey does as told

And gets **** for it?

Yeah, in regards to the pressing Ramsey did well I can agree with that.

My original comment was less about Ramsey causing our issues and more about how much better we looked when Lacazette came on (if that makes sense).

Lacazette held onto the ball extremely well and our attacks started to gel much better with him on.

In the first half we didn't look potent at all and our press kept being bypassed, we just looked all over the place.

I honestly think Ramsey would be better next to Torreira going b2b, that gives us two solid CMs at the base, that have proper experience for the big games.

I'd put Lacazette up top with Aubameyang and someone other that Mkhitaryan (if he insists on being lazy).

Tourboh

We still don't really know how good a coach he really is. The guy has won in 3 ways. Inheriting Spain's golden generation and one of the 5 best players ever in Messi. Going to Bayern Munich where my dog could manage a team to the title(and actually underachieving in Europe compared to the prior manager). And now coming to City and spending nearly 400m on players. Nobody else in the discussion of best ever manager has spent anywhere near that obscene amount(not even in adjusted figures) or been gifted with 3 situations that favorable. He's obviously a smart guy with a good tactical mind but could he be the same caliber of manager without massive amounts of luck and financial/institutional advantages? His performances in Europe since leaving Barca suggest no.

I think most observers have some idea of how good a coach Guardiola is. He’s an exceptional coach in my opinion and I think posts like yours are hard to reconcile with reality.

You say he “inherited” a golden generation... a Barca that had gone two trophyless seasons before his arrival. Barcelona was a mess when he took over. He inherited a dysfunctional team.

You conveniently didn’t mention that Manchester City signed only one player this transfer window. And that whatever he may have spent last year...his team broke pretty much every record in the premiership. Winning by 19 points. And that other teams have spent massively too, and underperformed.

There are some valid reasons to be unconvinced about Pep’s claim to greatness but I’m not sure you stated any.

I think Arsenal had some positives to take out of this game. The second half showing was much better than the first. Özil and the other forwards need to sort out some things it seems they were on different pages a lot of the time. Running in one direction while the through ball is played elsewhere. I disagree that Özil doesn’t work hard or whatever else I think he just has issues with body language. People have been sayin that about him since Madrid but I doubt there’s any real data to back this up.

Haha it bothers me that I spent most of this post defending Pep. Anyways Goodluck against Chelsea next week. I’ll be cheering y’all on.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I don't know I'm just bitter af at our direction and IMO lack of ambition. The club appears to be aiming to get back into the top 4 judging by our window. What the **** is top 4 going to get us? An extra 20-30m in revenue whoopdy doo. If we can't push the boat out for our new manager in his first window what difference is CL footy going to make? We were in the CL for all of Kroenkes tenure here and it made zero difference we've just paid lip service to the idea of challenging for the title and our transfer window this summer confirms it.

I do get your view, but I think you have to remember this is a work of progress, a process. The window has shown promising signs in that players were signed fitting positions of need. Getting back into the CL to become more attractive again is the next step to get better quality again.

City was bought by the sheikhs in 2008, their first title came 11/12. Klopp needed time to work on Dortmund and so he does at Liverpool. For all the money spent and the laurels heaped upon his head Guardiola couldn't take the league by storm in his first season.

This first game against a settled title winning team with higher quality while being in a reboot phase ourselves with a new manager here for mere 2 months is a bit early. Let's see how this team kicks on.

I know the lack of spending can be frustrating and I do get how parts of our transfer business can seem underwhelming, but I think the signs are far more positive than negative.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Should be enough there to get us top 4 as is really.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Aside from Laca, there was no one on the bench who could come on and give our attack a level up, which is quite sad.
We'll have more moments like this during the season when Özil, Miki, Ramsey and whoever is playing up front isn't performing.

We also need to do something about the winger situation.
Either give Nelson minutes or convert someone until December, when we really have to get someone with pace, dribbling skills and who can 100% cross the ball.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All you can hope for is Iwobi kicks on another gear (something I believe he has in him) or Nelson explodes

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Laca-Auba

I dont really care what team you put with them two, just want to see them two start in the same game, they both clearly vibe off eachother, it can take years to find two strikers or attackers who are in tune.

Plus I want to see their happy partnership, too much doom and gloom surrounding the club for the past few years, let them brighten the place up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom