• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I find it absurd when people label groups of fans a certain way, Arsenal and Liverpool fans I'd say are the most complained about online but thats simply because we have a big young fanbase online and we are big clubs who aren't performing the way we deserve in recent years (lpool improved only last year). It therefore divides the fans more and we look more crazy as a fanbase :lol:.
In view of the amount of money put in by their owners over the last 20 years, compared to United, City and Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool actually got what they deserved.

The fact that the fans couldn’t see how modern football works and were expecting them to win league titles again is what might have got them ‘labelled’, as you put it.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I try to avoid formal predictions, but I figure this is going to be a scoreless draw because I have Aubameyang, Özil, Mkhitaryan, Aguero, Mendy and Bernardo Silva in my fantasy Premier League team.
That sounds more like hope than judgement then :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey is no where near kdb ffs. And just because he can play those roles well doesn’t mean that you can deny the fact that he’s an offensive player to the core.

Santi was an AM/winger when we bought him and he did better than most “natural” CMs in the league whilst still being an offensive threat for our team with mesut in front of him. That was probably the last time we played attractive football the rare times they played together in midfield.
Please point out where I said Ramsey is near Kdb? Kdb is a more refined version, in other words he does everything Ramsey does but better.

Kdb is a box to box midfielder under Pep. Taking on the role of deep play maker and creative calculator. Fernandinho is the holding midfielder/ dlp Very similar to what we had years ago with Arteta and Ramsey when oddly enough Ramsey had by far his best season. Coincidently Arteta was a converted attacker and latterly so was Cazorla.

Just because a player is pushed back doesn't mean they become Kante. In an offensive team that role is pivotal to the fluidity of attack. Recycling the ball but also having vision to see the whole field and spot an opening. Busquets has been key in doing that for Barcelona and Spain. @Tir Na Nog just as I've mentioned. The holding is different depending on the type of team.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

In view of the amount of money put in by their owners over the last 20 years, compared to United, City and Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool actually got what they deserved.

The fact that the fans couldn’t see how modern football works and were expecting them to win league titles again is what might have got them ‘labelled’, as you put it.
New season same you. Never change.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

New season same you. Never change.
New seasons and new managers can’t change the workings of modern football.

They just give us new hopes and new interests.:lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
They play with two offensive midfielders in midfield and two attacking wingers.
This is supposed to be impossible according to arsenal fans. Arsenal need a DM, a DLP/DM, and a workhorse #8 to survive in the PL otherwise you’ll get destroyed in midfield and concede a million goals.

Maybe Arsenal could play like that if we could buy the best players in Europe for massive prices consistently. You saw what happened with Arsène when we tried to play attacking football with sub-par players, w end up with some humiliating results and everyone pissed off.

Man City have enough money and quality to play however they want to be honest.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

New seasons and new managers can’t change the workings of modern football.

They just give us new hopes and new interests.:lol:
I refuse to have this conversation :lol:

But if I were then why did Shearer not win the league and of three teams spend 100 and one spends 110 m should the end result be that the team that spends 110m win the league.

Although, I'm not having this conversation. Not today before we've kicked a competitive ball in anger :)

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I refuse to have this conversation :lol:

But if I were then why did Shearer not win the league and of three teams spend 100 and one spends 110 m should the end result be that the team that spends 110m win the league.

Although, I'm not having this conversation. Not today before we've kicked a competitive ball in anger :)
1367879054_tumblr_mb90ajJo821rw5rky.gif

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Please point out where I said Ramsey is near Kdb? Kdb is a more refined version, in other words he does everything Ramsey does but better.

Kdb is a box to box midfielder under Pep. Taking on the role of deep play maker and creative calculator. Fernandinho is the holding midfielder/ dlp Very similar to what we had years ago with Arteta and Ramsey when oddly enough Ramsey had by far his best season. Coincidently Arteta was a converted attacker and latterly so was Cazorla.

Just because a player is pushed back doesn't mean they become Kante. In an offensive team that role is pivotal to the fluidity of attack. Recycling the ball but also having vision to see the whole field and spot an opening. Busquets has been key in doing that for Barcelona and Spain. @Tir Na Nog just as I've mentioned. The holding is different depending on the type of team.
Saying that KDB is a refined version of Ramsey is like saying that a Tesla is a refined go-kart. Ramsey lacks so many qualities that KDB has that it doesn’t make sense to even compare them.

And as for your 2nd/3rd paragraph, I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to say. I never said that pushing someone back will turn them into Kante? I’m basically saying that we should play more creative and technically proficient players in midfield instead workhorses and inept donkeys like Ramsey and Xhaka. We should be “protagonists” like Unai likes to say not Workhorse FC.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This would be my formation but sub Lichtensteiner and Cech in for Bellerin and Leno. I wouldn’t put Leno in until after Chelsea. Let him gain some confidence playing against the lesser teams. Bellerin just sucks.

Yeah, I'm torn between Bellerin & Lichtensteiner, will be interesting to see who Emery starts, Lichtensteiner certainly has the mentality for this kind of game and wont be bullied by anyone. Judging by the Captain announcements I think you are right about Cech, he will start. I do expect Leno to be our No1 by Christmas though.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Maybe Arsenal could play like that if we could buy the best players in Europe for massive prices consistently. You saw what happened with Arséne when we tried to play attacking football with sub-par players, w end up with some humiliating results and everyone pissed off.

Man City have enough money and quality to play however they want to be honest.
It’s not like we don’t have players like mkhi and mesut who look like they’re going to pushed out on a wing just to accommodate Mr Pretend To Be A Striker and SloMo-Man. It’s actually ridiculous. We should have sold Ramsey and replaced him while we had the chance.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Id love a win but il take a draw at this point, aslong as i see improvement i will be happy. If they outplay us and lose i can live with that as it will take time for us to gel/improve.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Leno must start. He has played vs the biggest teams in world football, doesnt need a gentle introduction fs. Cech needs to sit his ass on the bench and not cost us points from game one with his geriatric blunders.

It's more in terms of communication which is hugely important. Might be a bit too much putting Leno, Sokratis and a young CM at LB all in there against the strongest side in the division. Emery feels that the familiarity and experience that Cech brings might be important in helping Sokratis bed in first of all, then after a few games he can then bring in Leno.

FWIW Cech has looked pretty good in pre-season. Surely the idea of a new manager is a clean slate for everyone. Cech certainly hasn't been helped by our defending at times. But he's an experienced goalkeeper who not so long ago was one of the best in the world. He might have lost a bit his pace and mightn't be as quick to do some things but he's not a dreadful goalkeeper all of a sudden.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It's more in terms of communication which is hugely important. Might be a bit too much putting Leno, Sokratis and a young CM at LB all in there against the strongest side in the division. Emery feels that the familiarity and experience that Cech brings might be important in helping Sokratis bed in first of all, then after a few games he can then bring in Leno.

FWIW Cech has looked pretty good in pre-season. Surely the idea of a new manager is a clean slate for everyone. Cech certainly hasn't been helped by our defending at times. But he's an experienced goalkeeper who not so long ago was one of the best in the world. He might have lost a bit his pace and mightn't be as quick to do some things but he's not a dreadful goalkeeper all of a sudden.
Seeing his team selection an hour before kick off is probably the thing I’m most interested in.

Will it be a brave new world with Guendouzi, Leno, Lichtsteiner, AMN, Torreira, Socrates . . 6 changes on last year. Or will he stick to last years team and introduce the new guys slowly, one or two at a time.

Of course injuries to Ramsey, Monreal, Kos and Kola . . 3 of which were Wenger regulars will force his hand a little. Emery luck.:lol:

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Saying that KDB is a refined version of Ramsey is like saying that a Tesla is a refined go-kart. Ramsey lacks so many qualities that KDB has that it doesn’t make sense to even compare them.

And as for your 2nd/3rd paragraph, I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to say. I never said that pushing someone back will turn them into Kante? I’m basically saying that we should play more creative and technically proficient players in midfield instead workhorses and inept donkeys like Ramsey and Xhaka. We should be “protagonists” like Unai likes to say not Workhorse FC.
But what you're saying isn't right. Xhaka plays the role as Fernandinho and Ramsey the same role as Kdb. You stated earlier that city play two offensive midfielders but that's incorrect. They play a holder and a b2b midfielder.
manchester-city-chelsea-premier-league-average-positions_4116241.jpg

See that number 25. Right infront of the defence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom