• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Cech’s communication is **** anyway. Constant dithering when he’s supposed to be sweeping up. We’ve already seen that in a friendly.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Really believe that he's going to do a Liverpool here and press them really high up the pitch.

The midfield partnership is key. dozi and torreria should start, we're going to need energy, legs and tenacity. Something these two players have in abundance.

City is the type of team that will exploit xhaka both offensively and defensively.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Really believe that he's going to do a Liverpool here and press them really high up the pitch.

The midfield partnership is key. dozi and torreria should start, we're going to need energy, legs and tenacity. Something these two players have in abundance.

City is the type of team that will exploit xhaka both offensively and defensively.

The fact Emery has made Xhaka one of his 5 Captains suggests he will start this game alongside Torreria, it would be odd to boost him up and then drop him in the opening game. I know Ramsey is also a Captain and will probably not start but that's partly due to injury and maybe other factors ie still not signed.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli

Massive respect to Guendouzi for the excellent preseason he had, but I think starting him and another new guy in Torreira (who haven’t really played together much) is a bridge too far.

They could end up a great partnership but I think it’s too early.

SpookyDukey

Ok so i'm a life long Gooner, but not in denial and recognize there are better teams out there then us - so don't let love/loyalty cloud my judgment when betting.

However, the game tomorrow hinges on City beating us to scoop a 7 fold acca.

Needless to say I won't be sleeping tonight, I don't drink so can't even medicate with Whiskey lol.

Reactions: Jae

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Cech’s communication is **** anyway. Constant dithering when he’s supposed to be sweeping up. We’ve already seen that in a friendly.

Was sat close to Cech in the pre season friendly in Dublin and all I could hear for the entire half was him barking instruction.

Reactions: Jae

IslingtonBornandbred

Ok so i'm a life long Gooner, but not in denial and recognize there are better teams out there then us - so don't let love/loyalty cloud my judgment when betting.

However, the game tomorrow hinges on City beating us to scoop a 7 fold acca.

Needless to say I won't be sleeping tonight, I don't drink so can't even medicate with Whiskey lol.

Cash out and take the £1144. £50 stake, £1144 is still a sizeable amount. If Arsenal go 1-0 up, that cash out number will decrease dramatically and you'll be left hoping for City to turn it around.

Just my opinion but having been there and done it, I'd cash out early.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If I was getting over a grand from a £50 stake, I'd take the money and never bet again. It just won't get any better than that. I think the term is quit while you're ahead. A lot of people I know, got a big win and just kept going but eventually lost far more than they ended up winning. People think they're in control but there's reason why those companies make so much money.

Linson

Personally -

Cech
Bellerin - Mustafi - Sokratis - Koaslinac
Torreira - Ramsey - Xhaka
Özil
Aubameyang - Lacazette
I think this is the strongest XI we have available, though it relies on heavy levels of tactical awareness and fitness from the fullbacks to provide the necessary width.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Personally -

Cech
Bellerin - Mustafi - Sokratis - Koaslinac
Özil
Aubameyang - Lacazette
I think this is the strongest XI we have available, though it relies on heavy levels of tactical awareness and fitness from the fullbacks to provide the necessary width.

Don't know how to tell you so just make this quick: Koa out for up to 3 months

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Leno, Lichtsteiner, Mustafi, Sokratis, AMN, Mesut, Laca, Auba, Xhaka, Guendouzi and whoever is fitter of Ramsey and Torreira

- don't want the same **** to happen again like last season when Ramsey was rushed back for the Liverpool game and got injured straight again, no matter if it's the Welshman or the Uruguayan, wouldn't want any of the two missing the start of the season mid/longterm.

I have to admit I'm curiously optimistic just for our strike force. Think Laca and especially Auba can really, really hurt City if the rest of the team takes to Emery's tactics and keeps tight.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
If our two poorest performers of last season in Bellerin and Cech start I wont be confident.

Got to go with Litchtsteiner and Leno.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Cech
Bellerin - Mustafi - Sokratis - Welbeck
Özil
Aubameyang - Lacazette​

Hope to see this​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom