• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester Utd | Saturday 30th January | KO: 17:30 | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Felt we did okay given that we missed Tierney, Auba and Saka. Bellerin was bad, Partey too but you can't replace what he offers in terms of physicality.

Regarding United, I hate them so goddamn much but credit to them. They deserved a draw at least, could've been 3 points if Cavani was a bit sharper / more lucky.

That being said. If someone smashes Bruno Fernandes' face I wouldn't bat an eyelid. ****ing pathetic piece of ****.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Am I seeing @Trilly bigging up Ole and United but attacking Arteta for weeks?! Arteta has beaten Ole multiple times tactically now.

The decision to put Willian on was fantastic, United didn't get a look in down the right in the second half, he was **** for the most part but he pinned AWB back.

United have spent 1.1 billion since Fergie left with nothing to show for it. Ole himself has spent 300M on the squad, but nothing changes. They rely on individual brilliance from either Bruno or Rashford. They're a very disjointed team and incredibly poor defensively despite Ole spending £150M on the defence.

Arteta in comparison has spent £23M on the defence and we have the second best defensive record in the league. Bro this man doesn't get the plaudits he deserves considering the **** show he inherited.
I big up Ole mostly as bants but he’s doing a decent job. I’ve been crediting Arteta recently so this energy is a bit misdirected.

Mohamed7

The best result given the circumstances we are in. Missed three key players and some really tired and unfit players - Partley being a prime example.

Both teams could and should have scored. For us: Pepe, ESR, Willian, Laca. Fred, Fernandes, Rashford, and Cavani, for them.

Mohamed7

We really could use a mid-week break instead we face struggling yet very stubborn, strong Wolves. I don't see how Partley can start that match. He will be lucky to get on the bench. Xhaka has played a lot recently as well. The same about ESR who seems to be carrying some kind of knock (muscular like Arteta said after Southampton).

We need to rotate a lot apart from the back five unless Tierney comes back.

Mohamed7

Yeah but they were mid level chances imo. Don’t get people who rant about xG.

Probably the same people who’d want to burn Galileo at the stake in the last century.
How was Willian's chance a mid level chance?

Even the Pepe one was a great chance but personally I feel he should have squared to Laca who was completely unmarked near the 6 yard box.

ESR had a great chance too but put the shot high (and also gone for the near post) instead of down and low.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We need to beat Wolves if we are going to stay on the fringes of the European places battle but we also need to rest some players.

He's going to have to bite the bullet and bring on AMN, Willock and Nketiah. Ceballos and Pablo Mari as soon as they're fit. Auba as soon as he is ok. And Ødegaard will need to play too.

If he wasn't leaving I'd actually start with Balogun against Wolves but unlikely he'll play at all. Though using the criteria that he may be here as long as Ødegaard you may as well use what you have on the wage bill.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How was Willian's chance a mid level chance?

Even the Pepe one was a great chance but personally I feel he should have squared to Laca who was completely unmarked near the 6 yard box.

ESR had a great chance too but put the shot high (and also gone for the near post) instead of down and low.

They use images to compare it to others. It’s basically a percentage of every shot taken from a similar place and scenario with defenders and goalkeeping position.

Willian had two defenders and a keeper in the way and Pepe was running onto a shot with defenders in the way as well.

Can easily see that skied by most players. A penalty is worth 0.75 xG and it gets lower from there. All it does is rates each shot you take.

Mohamed7

You have to give Ole credit tbf.

EsaT7V-XIAAAjCc

Their away form is fantastic. I’m sure if Arsenal drew at Anfield in the PL then there’d be a Arteta w*nkfest on here.
His starting eleven alone costs half a billion!!!

I am sure if we spent that much, I would expect nothing less. Their back four plus goalkeeper alone cost 220m! Compared to ours 28m!!!

Melquiades

0-0 against a United team that hasn't lost away in a year, missing Saka, Tierney, and Auba is a solid result. You can't win every game (even the Invincibles drew 12/38 games), but one thing we weren't doing earlier in the year was getting results from non-ideal situations. This keeps the unbeaten streak going, keeps the good defensive run going, now you move forward by winning against a struggling Wolves.

Hopefully Laca isn't hurt too badly. Big loss if so given his recent level of play.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Finally got to watch on DVR after a hectic day. This is a decent result, although we could’ve won it with a little better luck. I’m most impressed with Holding. Very proud of his performances this season.
But how the hell didn’t they have 2 men sent off? As soon as both that little diving **** Bruno and that cave troll Maguire literally attacked our guys I assumed we were looking at straight reds. And didn’t both escape even yellows? I know Bruno did. This is ridiculous.

shoot for the top

Cedric Free
Holding 2m
Luiz 8m
Bellerin 550k
Leno 19.2m

You’re right it wasn’t 28m, but he wasn’t far off.

I see. I don't agree that these fees should be associated with how they are performing now. Bellerin was purchased 10 years ago, Holding 6. These players are worth far more now.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure about why there is so much praise for our defensive performance. We were lucky they were not clinical at all on the day or they would have won comfortably. Yes Laca hit the bar with a free kick, but their chances were so much better than ours. They basically missed 3 tap ins.

I am disappointed that Martinelli came off. I don't get why Pepe didn't move to the left once either. Ødegaard comes to the ball, he doesn't make runs beyond it. He wants to be on the ball. So he should be a bit deeper.

Also Partey was okay defensively, but really poor on the ball. His passing was off and he lost the ball repeatedly. Bellerin was just as bad in giving the ball away. Constantly incapable of beating a man.

We desperately need Tierney and Saka back and I would want to see Martinelli at cf if Laca is out, but we will probably have Nketiah up front to do absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom