• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Watford | September 29, 2018 15:00 BST

Match Prediction for El Clasicajones

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Against westham Everton and Watford not been convincing performance so far yes 3 wins 7 goals scored conceded 1. But better finishing from Watford and Everton it could have different story.
We are still gelling and learning emery's style and nothing wrong with abit of luck. I dont care how we make cl as long as it happens.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Torreira was a liability defensively and doesn't have endurance at the moment. Will take ages to find form, which isn't surprising for 22 y.o. CM (he doesn't seem like a DM at all) coming in from Sampdoria.

Bellerin, Xhaka, Özil, Lacazette all clearly have improved this season, very difficult to deny at this point.

Iwobi was poor but still contributed so much, think about this for a moment. Isn't he a pacey Ramsey that also knows how to play football? Ramsey is way too safe and thus useless, the Antonio Valencia of midfielders.

Holding was immense, clearly better than Mustafi.

Leno solid, the man knows how to get the job done.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We've been poor when it comes to creating chances and these goals don't change that. Of course it's not a black-and-white stat, but we've got the poorest xG of the top 6 and that's worrying considering our defense hasn't been at the top of its game either.

There are signs of improvement though, and hopefully that continues.
The xG doesn't bother me as much because Emery is handicapping the team by playing Ramsey as a #10 instead of Özil. I think the attack will change go up a level once a change is made there and another player like Mkhi or Iwobi is deployed out wide.

HBL

Established Member
Aubameyang can't get in games at all, worrying for me. Doesn't get in many situations where he can shoot, let alone score.

Lacazette, Iwobi and Sokratis have been our best players so far this season.

Holding, Welbeck and Torreira have shown flashes as well. For the next league game I'd be going with:

Leno
Bellerin - Sokratis - Holding - Monreal
Torreira - Xhaka
Iwobi - Özil - Aubameyang
Lacazette​

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

C’mmon Cech has actually stepped up his game this season. The competition is helping.

Yes, Cech's been good and infact he has become more comfortable playing from the back to the point where I don't really think about it anymore.

I can see the reservations from management re Leno but he's actually quite solid, just not as comfortable as Cech but can readily play all season for us.

I'm happy with our GK options so far, let's see how it progresses.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We've been poor when it comes to creating chances and these goals don't change that. Of course it's not a black-and-white stat, but we've got the poorest xG of the top 6 and that's worrying considering our defense hasn't been at the top of its game either.

Yeah if we continue performing like this I can easily see us going on a winless run too, it’s not been good enough.

I expect us to improve drastically though, especially if we can play our inform players.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The xG doesn't bother me as much because Emery is handicapping the team by playing Ramsey as a #10 instead of Özil. I think the attack will change go up a level once a change is made there and another player like Mkhi or Iwobi is deployed out wide.

Iwobi instantly made a positive difference too.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Definitely, just the one switch of putting Iwobi in makes a world of difference. Alex is quick, can dribble, and has some tidy technique. Everything Ramsey isn't and exactly what the team is otherwise lacking.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I thought Holding was very good, I can see him displacing Mustafi in the first 11 when Sokratis is back.

Leno made two very good saves when he came on and with Cech injured this is his chance to make the starting role his own.

Laca non stop work rate, pressing and good link up play.

Iwobi played well when he came on and should be starting over Ramsey.

7th win in a row and 2nd clean sheet in a row - all good:D.

Last edited:

Eirico

Poor performance, but still a win. We dont create enough and we concede chances, every game. We’ve been bailed out by good finishing and luck so far this season.

Holding had a really solid game and I like what I`ve seen from Leno so far.
Midfield seems to be a huge problem though, we are not able to control games and Özil/Ramsey is mostly invisible every game.

We need to improve, if we keep performing like this and like we did against Everton we wont get many points this season. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom