• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 18/12/05

qs

Established Member
Id definitly have Hleb and Reyes starting now, then Freddie and then Bobby.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Sammer , I just feel tha Pires gives us goals and can stay out wide. Hleb is a stupendous player with enormous skill . I just feel that Pires is more effecient. However you have watched Hleb in Germany so you would know a lot more about him.

marco

You cant criticise bergkamp and pires for yesterday they came on and after about 2 mins we were 2 down what were they supposed to do.
Hleb and freddy were **** yesterday pires should have started above hleb im convinced of it.
he gets a lot of stick on this message board but with him in there at least we look a little creative.
ljunberg was piss poor as per usual and RVp got no service but still not convinced about him as a starter,
his best performances always from the bench bar sunderland in the cup and league.

but that is the least of oour problems as thus far his form has been the only decent thing to come out of the season , apart from the fact that people are starting to realise that senderos is not the answer to our centre back problems making too many errors.

Also hold my hands up, Flamini played well yesterday, very good first half and i slated him last week.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
marco said:
You cant criticise bergkamp and pires for yesterday they came on and after about 2 mins we were 2 down what were they supposed to do.

You mean as opposed to starting and doing even worse?

champions04

celestis said:
Honestly I think Pires and Reyes would be our best wide players . I think that Hleb until he learns to shoot does not posess any menace whatsoever and why try and play cute passes down the middle all the time . Did anyone notice when Pires and Bergkamp came on the game started to change . Especially when they started to shoot from distance. I am backing man u and liverpool to take points of Chelsea . WHenever someone took the Chelsea players on it caused trouble. Waiting around for them to lose shape through passing is pointless you got run at them and create your own chances.

Agree, Pires has been crap for most of this season but I think he or Reyes would have definately given more than what Ljungberg gave us yesterday. Last year at highbury they both contributed to both of Henry's goals last season. I know that was last season but at least Henry and Pires know how to link up. I don't think anybody did that yesterday.

marco

Pires has played ok in the last 6 weeks or so after Sp**s game etc, he links up with henry better than anyone else in the squad and freddy links up with dennis in a similar way.

hleb doesnt deserve to play at moment.
he will be an excellent player for us undoubtedly but on current form he has beenpoor bar 45 mins at newcastle, i know he has been injured but he was **** yesterday gave the ball away so much it was unbelivable.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Current form? He's not completed ninety minutes since he came back three matches ago! Very harsh words for Aleks there, especially given the form of Freddie Ljungberg. Why this guy is anywhere near the first team at present I can't say. He's past it, him and quite a few others.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
So, hold on - you're ready to discard Hleb because he played '****' yesterday (which hid did - for 20 MINS) even though he played well for 45 mins last week (out of 60odd) even though those were his first couple a games back. Pires on the other hand has been playing **** in the PL for most of the season, only having a good 45 mins ONCE.

Mystifying.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah I feel that Pires links better with Henry and he also brings that leftback into the game. He and cole are telepathic. I just feel the boys should learn from him. He is intelligent , intuitive and a couple of years ago the best left midfielder in the World.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

But no I am not discarding Hleb at all . Hleb is as Skillful as Pires , but I feel le bob brings players into the game . All i am saying is Pires uses his skill better and he scores goals, however Alex will learn .

The_Prince007

celestis said:
Yeah I feel that Pires links better with Henry and he also brings that leftback into the game. He and cole are telepathic. I just feel the boys should learn from him. He is intelligent , intuitive and a couple of years ago the best left midfielder in the World.

Ya right!! But the problem is that the telepathic link between them happens once every 5 matches!! :roll: In our unbeaten season it happened in almost every single match!! :wink:

omega man

Sick but feel there was some positives. most of the lads got stuck
in and showed some pride. If we had of gone into that game with
a bit of form we would have won. More possesion and shots on target showed we were capable of competing with Chel$ea. Sadly we gave the ball away far too often (Hleb in the first half in particular) and didnt
get the rub of the green. Dreadful call by the linesman. Deffo goal
but i do feel if Henry had of put his hands up or kept walking away
from the goal then the linesman would not have flagged, instead he looked for the pass and made the linesman react. Top 4 finish, good
CL run and maybe FA cup to look forward to??? oh and beat manure
twice of course!!

marco

celestis said:
But no I am not discarding Hleb at all . Hleb is as Skillful as Pires , but I feel le bob brings players into the game . All i am saying is Pires uses his skill better and he scores goals, however Alex will learn .

Yeah i agree, hleb will be an excellent buy im sure i just dont think we should disregard pires so quickly at the moment.
he still has something to offer us.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
omega man said:
Deffo goal
but i do feel if Henry had of put his hands up or kept walking away
from the goal then the linesman would not have flagged, instead he looked for the pass and made the linesman react

Exactly. Thierry gave the linesman an easy option.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Agreed he still has something to offer. Maybe.

BUT

When you say 'we should(n't) disregard pires so quickly at the moment. '

That's not the case is it? He's been started repeatedly and still hasn't shown he has something to offer corresponding to the amount of playtime he gets.

So, no, I don't think he should be relegating Hleb/ Reyes to the bench.

RocktheCasbah said:

Made all the more infuriating when he did the whole 'hands up, turn round away from play' thing just minutes earlier :cry:

AFCG7

Established Member
Hmmm .. anyone notice that our usual source of attack ( and very succesfull it has been over the years ) is now a bit useless?
The Cole/Pires/Henry trio ..how often have they played together this season?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

YuenBiaoFan said:
Agreed he still has something to offer. Maybe.

BUT

When you say 'we should(n't) disregard pires so quickly at the moment. '

That's not the case is it? He's been started repeatedly and still hasn't shown he has something to offer corresponding to the amount of playtime he gets.

So, no, I don't think he should be relegating Hleb/ Reyes to the bench.

RocktheCasbah said:

Made all the more infuriating when he did the whole 'hands up, turn round away from play' thing just minutes earlier :cry:

I'll have a wager that Pires or Reyes starts next match ahead of hleb and just maybe god willing ljungberg

A

Anonymous

Lehmann, 6 - ok, could have saved Robben's goal.

Toure, 6 - ok, for all defenders here, dun blame them. We got no midfield.

Senderos, 6 - Dunno bout him, seems to lack confidence.

Campbell, 5 - passing was shocking. Dun think he has forgiven wenger since being dropped for the FA Final.

Lauren, 5 - Always thought he was our weakest link. Proved me right again.

Ljungberg, 4- Like Lauren, always thought he was crap. if he doesn't score a goal, hes match contributribution is always worthless.

Flamini,4- Can't believe we thought this guy was good. Must be suited to European football.

Fabregas- dun think premier leauge suits him either. not big enough, would prefer to,4 play him at RM. as he doesn't suit arsenals 4-4-2 at CM.

Hleb,5 - Man, This guy is the same as Cesc. Arsenal's formation doesn't suit him. hes best at CM but if we do play him there, need 2 CM's behind him or stronger more defensive LM and RM.

VanPersie,7 - Feel sorry for him. Only dude playing well at the moment.

Henry, 5 - He doesn't scare anymore. I dun care about him either anymore. Hope he goes and Wenger just employs a youth team for next few years. then they will be the best for next decade or so.

team i'd play for the rest of the season, and sell all the other experienced players to buy the best young talent in Europe. IE. Walcott, Torres.

----------------Lehmann

Eboue------Toure-------Senderos-----Clichy

(c)Fabregas--Hleb------Larsson-----Quincy

------------VanPersie------Reyes

Subs: Alumina, Hoyte, Flamini, Lupoli

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom