• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Sunday 29th December | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Chelsea Win

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Score draw.

Arteta still trying to figure out how to deal with this mostly mediocre squad and chelshit are full of surprises so it’s hard to predict.

cant even rely on the fact that it’s a home game since our turf has meant **** all recently..

Chaoz_Enigma

Leno
AMN Chambers Luiz Saka
Torreira Xhaka
Pepe Özil Martinelli
Aubameyang
Based on yesterday's game xhaka can provide cover for that left back position. he often drops deep to form back 3 at LCB/LB position so that Saka can push up front without exposing Luiz. If Saka improves on his final third crosses and decision making, this system is very workable. The hole left by Xhaka is then covered by Torreira who is also covered by AMN by moving in CDM position from the FB position.

I really liked what I am seeing in terms of tactic as Bournemouth can hardly get out of their own half which limits the number of time Leno gets sprayed with shots. Our backline is properly protected by the double pivot CMs as well as our coordinated press. Laca in fact contributed to a few recoveries and do proper pressure when bournemouth build up from the back although his finishing boots apparently left him. The goal was unfortunate, like we always conceded in the early 2010s of Wenger era but still its an improvement on Unai's tactics.

I just hope we tweak our tactics abit to suit playing against Chelsea. They have no answer against teams that is compact when defending but against open expansive opponents they thrive. It will be interesting what kind of tactics Arteta will employ. If we stick to our own philosophies there is a chance we might get a good beating as we arent completely used to the new system yet. But once we sorted out our attack, teams will be wary of committing too many bodies when counter attacking as our press are quite dangerouds at the moment, they exude the right pressure as evidenced to our recoveries in the opponents' half.

m-due

Come on Arsenal. It’s a new era and let’s rid of all our ailments and be proper for once. Chelsea are there for the taking and they need a proper beating. We have been consistent with them with them with Sarri and Conte before that. Lampard isn’t special. Come on Emirates. Rock the place!!!

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Based on yesterday's game xhaka can provide cover for that left back position. he often drops deep to form back 3 at LCB/LB position so that Saka can push up front without exposing Luiz. If Saka improves on his final third crosses and decision making, this system is very workable. The hole left by Xhaka is then covered by Torreira who is also covered by AMN by moving in CDM position from the FB position.

I really liked what I am seeing in terms of tactic as Bournemouth can hardly get out of their own half which limits the number of time Leno gets sprayed with shots. Our backline is properly protected by the double pivot CMs as well as our coordinated press. Laca in fact contributed to a few recoveries and do proper pressure when bournemouth build up from the back although his finishing boots apparently left him. The goal was unfortunate, like we always conceded in the early 2010s of Wenger era but still its an improvement on Unai's tactics.

I just hope we tweak our tactics abit to suit playing against Chelsea. They have no answer against teams that is compact when defending but against open expansive opponents they thrive. It will be interesting what kind of tactics Arteta will employ. If we stick to our own philosophies there is a chance we might get a good beating as we arent completely used to the new system yet. But once we sorted out our attack, teams will be wary of committing too many bodies when counter attacking as our press are quite dangerouds at the moment, they exude the right pressure as evidenced to our recoveries in the opponents' half.
My worry is if Xhaka gets stuck in a 1v1 with Willian, we all know how that ends...

Ashybashy86

Hopefully Saka's crossing improves by Sunday. He should whip the ball in low as they're harder to defend than lofted crosses. He's capable of dangerous delivery.

Saying that, there really needs to be a focus on developing defenders in the academy.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

They're a team that perform better away from home. We're a team with a schizophrenic defence who attack with abandon. On top of their humbling by Southampton at home (who almost beat us at home) I can see a furious Chelsea reaction.

Plenty of teething problems yet for the new manager.

Arsenal 1- Chelsea 3

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Chelsea is in a poor form and we’re Charity FC forever, Arteta can’t change that. Nobody can. We will play a good game, we will be better than Chelsea yet we will lose. Then we’ll read about all the poitives to take from the game. God I hope I’m wrong!

People definitely gonna come in here after the game: ‘i know we lost 3-0 but we performed so well I took so many positives out of that game’

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
They're a team that perform better away from home. We're a team with a schizophrenic defence who attack with abandon. On top of their humbling by Southampton at home (who almost beat us at home) I can see a furious Chelsea reaction.

Plenty of teething problems yet for the new manager.

Arsenal 1- Chelsea 3
Mustafis lunge yesterday was something.

I think this will be another draw. Only interested in seeing how our team plays. If we play with structure and confidence, then it shows that we just need some strengthening to start challenging again, we have the right man.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People definitely gonna come in here after the game: ‘i know we lost 3-0 but we performed so well I took so many positives out of that game’
Are you always this miserable?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not when we’re winning and in good form. I just won’t praise average/poor performances and clutch at straws to be positive. I keep real.
Fair enough. But surely, you can see there are signs of improvement?

Chaoz_Enigma

Not when we’re winning and in good form. I just won’t praise average/poor performances and clutch at straws to be positive. I keep real.
Its not real its called delusional. Whats real is that we have fallen and expectation have to be adjusted. We as supporter should support and inject positivity. as long as there are improvement what is there to be negative about. And welcome to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom