• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Sunday 29th December | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Chelsea Win

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
We've got a better team than Chelsea, now we have a better manager too. Actually fancy us to win it.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hopefully Arteta arrange some after training crossing practice before this. Wasn't just bad it was diabolical, made Nelson look **** even though he was otherwise not bad at all.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Its not real its called delusional. Whats real is that we have fallen and expectation have to be adjusted. We as supporter should support and inject positivity. as long as there are improvement what is there to be negative about. And welcome to reality.

There wasn't improvement it looked the same as under Freddie and Emery and we only had 1 shot on target. People just letting placebo effect judge the game for them.

BigPoppaPump

Fair enough. But surely, you can see there are signs of improvement?

Not really, looked the same as under Emery and Freddie to me. We never dominated really and they bypassed our midfield with counter attacks at will, also we only had 1 shot on target. If we played this exact game under Emery no one would be happy about it or see signs of improvement.

I'm not saying their won't be signs of improvement, just people forcing it tbh.

BigPoppaPump

2 shots on target, 17 shots and 61% possession. When is the last time we dominated possession like that?

There's a lot of games we've have 60% possession under Emery and still looked bad. It's not about possession it's about what we do with it, also defending; we always look vulnerable to whoever is attacking us. Also Bournemouth are in poor form so we should be dominating them, 2 shots isn't good enough especially when the second one was Willock's weak shot that was never going anywhere.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not really, looked the same as under Emery and Freddie to me. We never dominated really and they bypassed our midfield with counter attacks at will, also we only had 1 shot on target. If we played this exact game under Emery no one would be happy about it or see signs of improvement.

I'm not saying their won't be signs of improvement, just people forcing it tbh.
At this point, it sounds to me like you're just trolling.

we had over 60% possession and 17 shot.
That was a dominant performance. We were let down by individual mistakes (as usual)

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

There's a lot of games we've have 60% possession under Emery and still looked bad. It's not about possession it's about what we do with it, also defending; we always look vulnerable to whoever is attacking us. Also Bournemouth are in poor form so we should be dominating them, 2 shots isn't good enough especially when the second one was Willock's weak shot that was never going anywhere.
Stats doesn't tell the whole story. Those two shot we had on target was a consequence of some weak attempts and diabolical finish.

I can already see Arteta's fingerprint in this team. Can't wait to see how we'll look when he's had a chance to build his team

Manberg

Predator

A lot? List them then. Less than 5 in the league I’m sure.

BigPoppaPump

At this point, it sounds to me like you're just trolling.

we had over 60% possession and 17 shot.
That was a dominant performance. We were let down by individual mistakes (as usual)

God you guys call anyone disagreeing with you trolling, like you want a circlejerk forum.

We had 60% possession under Emery lots of times, we had almost 70% possession vs Sheff United and lost 1-0. 17 shots don't mean anything at all, 2 shots on target one was a scrappy goal and one was Willocks weak shot that was never troubling anyone. It wasn't a good performance people need to stop it just cos they want Arteta to succeed.

When people say give Arteta time it's not just for criticism, it's for praise too. If people want to go on about how great he is then I can say i'm not impressed it's not trolling.

Manberg

Predator
We had 70% possession vs Sheff United and lost 1-0. You can do your own research though I'm not gonna go through all of Emery's fixtures, but I'm right.

I did. Sheffield, Southampton, Burnley and Newcastle. Only four games under Emery this season which we had 60%+ possession.

During the game yesterday I felt that despite a lack of end product we were creating many chances, something we didn’t do under Emery.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

God you guys call anyone disagreeing with you trolling, like you want a circlejerk forum.

We had 60% possession under Emery lots of times, we had almost 70% possession vs Sheff United and lost 1-0. 17 shots don't mean anything at all, 2 shots on target one was a scrappy goal and one was Willocks weak shot that was never troubling anyone. It wasn't a good performance people need to stop it just cos they want Arteta to succeed.

When people say give Arteta time it's not just for criticism, it's for praise too. If people want to go on about how great he is then I can say i'm not impressed it's not trolling.
If lacazette and Saka didn't have a stinker, you probably won't have been saying all this. We created a lot of chances, we just failed to take them. That's all

Any reasonable football fan can see there's already signs of improvement from a short period of time.

I think you're just trying to lay down the groundwork for the future so that you can tell everyone "I told you so" if Arteta fails

BigPoppaPump

I did. Sheffield, Southampton, Burnley and Newcastle. Only four games under Emery this season which we had 60%+ possession.

During the game yesterday I felt that despite a lack of end product we were creating many chances, something we didn’t do under Emery.

That's 4 games out of how many?

Also, your second paragraph is placebo effect.

If lacazette and Saka didn't have a stinker, you probably won't have been saying all this.

Any reasonable football fan can see there's already signs of improvement from a short period of time.

I think you're just trying to lay down the groundwork for the future so that you can tell everyone "I told you so" if Arteta fails

Well we have poor players they will let us down, as they did under Arsène, as they did under Emery & Ljunbgerg and as they will with Arteta. I don't see what makes Arteta so special he's gonna stop them from being f*ck ups.

I think people praising Arteta already are the unreasonable ones.

Also, you should stop making assumptions you're not good at it. I'm not laying any groundwork I think Arteta is in over his head and if he proves me wrong I'll still be happy cos I support Arsenal

Tsl

There wasn't improvement it looked the same as under Freddie and Emery and we only had 1 shot on target. People just letting placebo effect judge the game for them.
The game yesterday wasn’t neccesarily much better than under Freddie and Emery, as expected, but it’s not true that it looked the same. Arteta has clearly implemented some tactical changes already. We were more solid defensively, Torreira was having his best game in ages. A sharper Laca and more sharpness in our crosses and we would probably have won comfortably. Positive start.

BigPoppaPump

The game yesterday wasn’t neccesarily much better than under Freddie and Emery, as expected, but it’s not true that it looked the same. Arteta has clearly implemented some tactical changes already. We were more solid defensively, Torreira was having his best game in ages. A sharper Laca and more sharpness in our crosses and we would probably have won comfortably. Positive start.

I don't think we were solid defensively, Bournemouth was still bypassing our midfield like it wasn't there and counter attacking with ease. Torreira was poor for our first goal, he failed to track the player and was shrugged off the ball like a child, also had a lot of bad touches, not to mention our midfield always gets sliced open with him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom