• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Everton | 28/10/06

borat

i seriously cant remember when we last scored from a corner.
We have the soure, we have to get the balance and i think it should not take too long time to get the right people on the field.
Eboue back for CSKA? i think so, but not sure.
Baptista, when is he back? a week?

then we should be able to do some team rotation. It will help! competition is healthy.

xxxxxx

anesumachoko said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,285-2427992,00.html

guys we have to look at the future , yes its good to remember what he has done but if he is not perfoming he has to get under the cosh,fans were never meant to respond in a certain way, except to rejoice in victory and l find his reference to reading crap

You have to look to the future? He's not performing?

He had one bad game. I'm not even a Arsenal fan, but I find hard to believe any Arsenal fan bashing a legend like Henry, who will more than likely have a great game on Wednesday.

RC8

Established Member
xxxxxx said:
anesumachoko said:

guys we have to look at the future , yes its good to remember what he has done but if he is not perfoming he has to get under the cosh,fans were never meant to respond in a certain way, except to rejoice in victory and l find his reference to reading crap

He had one bad game. I'm not even a Arsenal fan, but I find hard to believe any Arsenal fan bashing a legend like Henry, who will more than likely have a great game on Wednesday.

Exactly, I agree with you, Henry will most likely have a good season once again, he was the premierhip's top goal scorer last season, and he could end up with the award this season aswell. However xxxxxx, may I ask, which team do you support?

xxxxxx

RC8 said:
xxxxxx said:
anesumachoko said:

Exactly, I agree with you, Henry will most likely have a good season once again, he was the premierhip's top goal scorer last season, and he could end up with the award this season aswell. However xxxxxx, may I ask, which team do you support?

I support Barcelona. Don't kill me! :D

RC8

Established Member
xxxxxx,

Don't worry, as long as you post sensibly you are welcomed in this board, although be aware that if a footballing debate involving Barcelona and Arsenal appears, chances are your opinion is going to be disagreed with.

One last thing about Henry, I think that as time goes by, his style is changing, and he is measuring his surging runs so that he doesn't burn out too quickly. Bergkamp had a transformation of this kind as well, but his role at Arsenal was very different than Henry's. Hopefully he'll come together later on, I think he's had quite a decent season so far, and last season you can say whatever you want, but his goal scoring record says it all.

Alfonso

Established Member
Henry: Attack or die!--

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football ... 940816.ece

"Henry said: "I keep hearing the crowd saying: 'Shoot!' I don't know what they're trying to say or do but they're getting sucked in by what people are saying.

"We scored some amazing goals at Reading and nobody says: 'Shoot!' Against Everton we created the same things but the finishing is sometimes not what you expect"

rajkurupt

Alfonso said:
Henry had 55'000 critics at the game yesterday apparently:

News of the World (Antony Kastrinakis) report:
Quote:
Time and time again Henry has delivered. But when after 66 minutes yesterday the Emirates crowd voiced their dismay at their captain's failure to drive the team, Wenger must have worried. Henry had just given away possession for the umpteenth time, spoiling a wonderful run by Rosicky. And that was enough to make his adoring fans boo him. Yes, you read that right. Gunners fans yesterday booed Thierry Henry. Wenger refused to elaborate afterwards. He simply said: "I wouldn't like to go on to individual performance. When you don't score, the strikers get critics." Yesterday, Henry got about 55,000 critics.

never trust a greek with football

Gurgen

Established Member
borat said:
at home v astonvilla, yesterdays game tells another story.. we have not been that good at defnding from set pieces.

Watford game, they could have scored 3 from set pieces...

Esaiah

that article on timesonline is damn silly.

they rated Hoyte for 3?

i will post a critic for times to get new editor...

they employing someone who plays golf to write in football column

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Welcome back xxxxxxx , haven't seen heard from you guys since the lead up to the CL final , good to see that you still post here.

morpho

Established Member
so you´re all done yet?

Couldnt even be bothered to read the last 15 pages... Its obvious that some teams are afraid of us. More afraid of our attacking style than the scums or chelski. We should take that as acompliment. I wouldnt call this a game we should have won. Its impossible to play against a 11defender team. I cant see any other team in the premiership that has to do that. Arsenal have to every other week. So far we have lost just one game, but dont be so stupid to think it wont happen again. A draw is still a point so why dont be happy about the goal that vPersie scored? Why do Arsenal fans always have to consentrate on the negative things?!
Henry got booed by his own homecrowd for crying out loud!!
I fell shamed to be a gooner :cry:

Gurgen

Established Member
Henry being booed was indeed a disgrace. I hope those fickle idiots are ashamed of themselves.

M+D

Established Member
RC8 said:
Merida+Denilson said:
And as for all the people at the start said that they needed Adebayor to play, and that it is his type of game, i think that it is clearly ridiculous. How many goals has he scored with his head, from set pieces or crosses? In fact, how many goals has he scored full stop? The answer is not many, and not enough. You can say what you like about assists and his "team play", but that is'nt why we bought him, as we've already got that in abundance. I think that the answer is Aliadiere, or Bendtner. Against West brom in the carling cup, Ali was everywhere, and he is better with the ball at his feet, and with the ball in the air, than Ade. As for Bendtner, already he is a class act, proved by the fact he is already a full international for a team that is far superior to the likes of Togo.

Ade against Villa was able to be more dangerous than anyone else in set pieces. He almost scored from a corner, he had a wrongly disallowed goal from a free kick, and later on he picked the ball from a corner, handled it, and almost scored. The potential is there, and I am confident that he can convert more set pieces in the future if given the chance. Another aspect of Adebayor's game that could have helped is his tendency shield the ball for a relatively long time compared to that of the rest of the team, this would have added unpredictability to our passing game. Apart from Adebayor, Eboue, Baptista, and even Ljunberg could have helped.

In regards to Denmark being far superior to Togo.... that argument is not based in facts, and to state that as the absolute truth is therefore quite an arrogant thing to do. I could say Togo was at the world cup, while Denmark was not, but I know the quality of football played by denmark can in most occassions surpass that of Togo. However, if you are going to point out something like "X is far superior than X", then giving some evidence would help.

Forgive me if you thought i was being deliberately arrogant or whatever, i actually meant that i thought we have just as good options for this kind of game than Ade, and that we shouldn't use the fact he wasn't playing as an excuse fo the result. I'm not one of the Arsenal fans that think that he shouldn't be at the club, and that he's not good enough, i just think that the lone man role, like the one he employed in the game against man u is more suited to him, as he is good at holding the ball up and waiting for support. What i was arguing was that this couldn't have been further from his ideally suited game, in my opinion, and that Bendtner or Aliadiere are more likely to score from a set piece then ade, especially Bendtner, who, if you want proof has score at least 2 goals this season from a set play or from crosses. Having said all of this, I believe that Arsenal were just terribly unlucky, and that on "another day" they would of won 4-0 and no one would have booed Henry, or complained about the 4-5-1 system.

Nutsy

Established Member
I guess this is the harsh reality of the real world, you make one few mistakes, and they give you the death sentence. I can't believe how some of the Gooner fans boo-ed him. where is the sense of loyalty to the skipper, for goodness sakes, the Frenchman has done a hell lot for us. he doesn't deserve this.

I hope gooner fans should rethink about their actions. Because this is not how Gunners behave, we're better than that.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

They actually booed him ? that is digusting , it's bad enough they boo Song , but Henry?

Bet they were the same one crying for him to stay and crapping on about Loyalty and what not.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom